Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I really do like most of the content of your post moneylife and you are spot on. Especially the middle paragraph. It is part of the problem and has been ever since I can remember that TUFC and its fans and the locals have been down on theirselves. There rarely has ever been any positive message coming out of the club, there has always been that lack of ambition and "oh, we have no money" or we are are only little old Torquay. It just breeds negativity through the club, its fanbase and community.

I'm not talking about lying, pretending or putting out false hope but the negative tone which always seems to rear its head does not help. Not blaming anyone from the current board or anything they have done, its been the case for years. We are currently in the brown stuff financially and on the pitch, and I know the fans and locals have to be informed of the situation to try and get them to come and support, but the message has been continually negative and in some ways that will push people away.

Look at us now, all we hear from fans and club or read in the paper or forums is we have no money, we are shit, we are only little old Torquay -

We lost again, but what do you expect we have no money we are only Torquay.
We are bottom of the table, but what do you expect we have no money we are only Torquay.
We have shit players who cant even pass the ball, but what do you expect we have no money we are only Torquay.

We get better attendances than most clubs in this league and even a few in league 2, and I suspect many of those clubs have no money either, many are part time, yet they still have ambition, they still try harder and harder, they still put in 100%, they still beat us. I would like to hear a lot more "COME ON WE CAN DO THIS", rather than "well, we will do our best, but what do you expect"

Lack of any positivity and ambition did for us in Martin Lings first season, now it could kill us off, we know about the finances, the message has got through, now we need to rally, now we are virtually rock bottom we need to start looking up and not look back, we arent the smallest club in this league and likely not the poorest, we can do this and when we get through this season, money or not we need to start being positive and climbing that table, lets then spread the word and get people thinking there is a good thing here and lets get behind it instead of telling all how small and rubbish we are, because that will not get people through the turnstile.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

chunkygull wrote:I really do like most of the content of your post moneylife and you are spot on. Especially the middle paragraph. It is part of the problem and has been ever since I can remember that TUFC and its fans and the locals have been down on theirselves. There rarely has ever been any positive message coming out of the club, there has always been that lack of ambition and "oh, we have no money" or we are are only little old Torquay. It just breeds negativity through the club, its fanbase and community.

I'm not talking about lying, pretending or putting out false hope but the negative tone which always seems to rear its head does not help. Not blaming anyone from the current board or anything they have done, its been the case for years. We are currently in the brown stuff financially and on the pitch, and I know the fans and locals have to be informed of the situation to try and get them to come and support, but the message has been continually negative and in some ways that will push people away.

Look at us now, all we hear from fans and club or read in the paper or forums is we have no money, we are sh*t, we are only little old Torquay -

We lost again, but what do you expect we have no money we are only Torquay.
We are bottom of the table, but what do you expect we have no money we are only Torquay.
We have sh*t players who cant even pass the ball, but what do you expect we have no money we are only Torquay.

We get better attendances than most clubs in this league and even a few in league 2, and I suspect many of those clubs have no money either, many are part time, yet they still have ambition, they still try harder and harder, they still put in 100%, they still beat us. I would like to hear a lot more "COME ON WE CAN DO THIS", rather than "well, we will do our best, but what do you expect"

Lack of any positivity and ambition did for us in Martin Lings first season, now it could kill us off, we know about the finances, the message has got through, now we need to rally, now we are virtually rock bottom we need to start looking up and not look back, we arent the smallest club in this league and likely not the poorest, we can do this and when we get through this season, money or not we need to start being positive and climbing that table, lets then spread the word and get people thinking there is a good thing here and lets get behind it instead of telling all how small and rubbish we are, because that will not get people through the turnstile.

Thanks Chunkygull, its really good to know there are other fans out there thinking this and it isnt just me lol!
You've summed up my sentiments exactly in a much better way.

Im really hoping Nico doesnt take this kind of easy-way-out approach with the press/media/fans and I hope he questions every time we fail to win a game at this level.

The budget is tight so I will be looking to support the club in the best way I can, but I also hope they have some cleverdicks there who can start using the massive pulling power that is professional football and turn it into money making oppurtunities.
Also I would love to see a full stadium, even if it means FREE tickets for Popsiders and just sell way more food and merchandise at the ground to the 5000 that will suddenly show up.

CMON GULLS KICK OFF THIS PM WITH A CONVINCING WIN!!! CMON HURST AND ALL THE PLAYERS!
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Spot on the money that moneylife and chunkygull.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I hear Paul Cox has gone for the Eastliegh job but it looks like Chris Todd will get it after another victory today. Cox does not deserve the job after letting us down.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Post by moneylife » Today, 10:26

I actually think we'll achieve a mid-table finish and although Im not 'worried' about our league position, I still cannot stand to look at the table and see it.
Dover are not even a fully professional club. The majority of their players are part-time with full time tradesman jobs etc. TUFC is a football league club in my eyes and always will dwarf the likes of Dover Atheletic (they need to put in at least 50-100 years of hardcore league action before they can lay claim to being bigger club than us!).

We just need a bit more passion and ambition and drive from our fans, players and all staff otherwise this downward spiral will continue. Instead of all this excuses and crap about US being minnows!!!! f#ck u lad!! - why liken us to Stockport and have such a negative attitude anyway? look what happened to Fulham in the 90s and also I remember going to see Gulls in League One and Two against teams like Wigan, Fulham, Man City, Hull..... The list goes on of all the teams who actually went up in the world due to having self beleif and passion combined with luck and skill and of course some extra money we badly need to invent ways as a club of generating.

And today we will SMASH the MINNOWS named Southport and end this dismal run of form. Cmon You Yellowwwwwwssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
moneylife wrote:
Thanks Chunkygull, its really good to know there are other fans out there thinking this and it isnt just me lol!
You've summed up my sentiments exactly in a much better way.

Im really hoping Nico doesnt take this kind of easy-way-out approach with the press/media/fans and I hope he questions every time we fail to win a game at this level.

The budget is tight so I will be looking to support the club in the best way I can, but I also hope they have some cleverdicks there who can start using the massive pulling power that is professional football and turn it into money making oppurtunities.
Also I would love to see a full stadium, even if it means FREE tickets for Popsiders and just sell way more food and merchandise at the ground to the 5000 that will suddenly show up.

CMON GULLS KICK OFF THIS PM WITH A CONVINCING WIN!!! CMON HURST AND ALL THE PLAYERS!
Post by PlainmoorB0b » Today, 16:02
Spot on the money that moneylife and chunkygull.
Cheers guys, look at the positivity tonight after just one win, even though it was against fellow strugglers it feels great, imagine how the management and players feel. Rather than the constant bombardment of messages of impending doom, all should now come out fighting, keep instilling some confidence in these young players and ourselves.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Georg

Post by Georg »

arcadia wrote:I hear Paul Cox has gone for the Eastliegh job but it looks like Chris Todd will get it after another victory today. Cox does not deserve the job after letting us down.

How do you work that one out. The board let him down by renaging on certain terms of what he agreed and expecting him to work for nothing. The only person who let you down there was your own board.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

George wrote:

How do you work that one out. The board let him down by renaging on certain terms of what he agreed and expecting him to work for nothing. The only person who let you down there was your own board.
'You' or 'We' Mr Freud? ;-)
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

so you say George; as yet, there is no proof of your insinuations. Far from letting us down, as you express it, our own board have kept our club alive. They may make mistakes along the way, but without them, there would be no TUFC. The Paul Cox story will probably rumble on for a while.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The Board didn't resign right before an important game..................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Georg

Post by Georg »

moneylife wrote:
Torquay arent a Football league club though. Two relegations in eight years suggests they cant compete at that level anymore.

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
Southampton Gull wrote:The Board didn't resign right before an important game..................
If you were being treated badly and not getting paid would you be happy?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You know as well as I do that Cox was aware from the start that he was on an expenses only deal until the situation was due for review. He walked before the deal was due to be put on the table.
Dave

Georg

Post by Georg »

Southampton Gull wrote:You know as well as I do that Cox was aware from the start that he was on an expenses only deal until the situation was due for review. He walked before the deal was due to be put on the table.

He walked after the board had reneged on basic parts of what he agreed to. Again Im referring to a specific thing what happened on Septmber 14th. It was unforgiveable hence why he left. He could have easily walked out before the Kidderinster game but chose to stay only for things to become even more unworkable;

I still think the board need to provide some clarity on why theyve allowed a proven manager with a title win in this league to walk out the club and appointed a novice with no experience. I thought they were some high quality applicants???? Or did those candidates look at things and realise theyd be walking head on into a car crash.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

George wrote:
He walked after the board had reneged on basic parts of what he agreed to. Again Im referring to a specific thing what happened on Septmber 14th. It was unforgiveable hence why he left. He could have easily walked out before the Kidderinster game but chose to stay only for things to become even more unworkable;

I still think the board need to provide some clarity on why theyve allowed a proven manager with a title win in this league to walk out the club and appointed a novice with no experience. I thought they were some high quality applicants???? Or did those candidates look at things and realise theyd be walking head on into a car crash.
I feel like this has been asked dozens of times now, but what was this "specific thing" that happened on 14th September? As for your second point, the club have made it very clear that they were not in a position to offer Cox a paid contract, which is why he decided to leave. The reasoning for appointing Nicholson seems apparent, he knows the club, lives locally, and is likely not on much money. There were most likely many applicants who wanted too much money or were not prepared to move to Torbay.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

George wrote:I still think the board need to provide some clarity on why theyve allowed a proven manager with a title win in this league to walk out the club and appointed a novice with no experience. I thought they were some high quality applicants???? Or did those candidates look at things and realise theyd be walking head on into a car crash.
Around and around in circles here. No, the current board of the football club do not need to anything, but bring stability and unity to our football club, why keep hashing up Paul Cox, he's gone, the manager with no experience has already got Cox's team playing better football, our club needs forget to past and look forward to it's future, what ever that holds.

You keep banging on about something that happened on September the 14th. Come on out with it, are you brave enough to post a direct accusation on here about our board and what they did or didn't re; Paul Cox, if what you know is true, what's stopping you ? Unless you're making up bullshit, or what you know isn't true.

I don't know what was supposed to have happened on this date, and I won't give monkeys until you tell us what it was.
Last edited by Dave on 11 Oct 2015, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The problem with your argument is you're only looking at it from one individuals perspective and not the good of the club. Once the scale of the problems were identified it took a large chunk of the budget to try and resolve them. The important thing for the club is to do what they can to survive the season without relegation and come back from a stronger starting position next season. Wishing relegation on us as you do is purely for a business opportunity and no more.
Dave