Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

Good job that evil Thea Bristow didn't get her grubby hands on it then. Or was that different?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

eddyh wrote:Good job that evil Thea Bristow didn't get her grubby hands on it then. Or was that different?
:goodpost:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Southampton Gull wrote: :goodpost:
The reality is that Thea wanted out and you cannot blame her for that and Kelvin Thomas did the job as instructed but the reality is that you cannot turn the Cash tap off overnight and expect business as usual, it's takes at least a Season to adjust, now we are all now paying the price. This present position is not substainable and need a substantial cash injection if we want to stay in this League. No disrespects but the existing Board are completely out of their depth but we must back them in the interim.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

eddyh wrote:Good job that evil Thea Bristow didn't get her grubby hands on it then. Or was that different?
You should be ashamed of yourself

The money that family has put into our Club

Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:
tomogull wrote: You are right. The club has been run in a very amateurish way for at least the past four years and that is precisely why we are in the position we now find ourselves in. Many on this Forum have been saying this for years. Things won't miraculously change overnight. The new chairman and Board have to be given time to turn things around. Steve Breed the Chief Exec said on the radio last Tuesday night that they are learning on the job and that mistakes have been made. I hope they can pull us through. In fact, they seem to be our only hope.

I don't think going part-time would have been the answer. However, there was an interesting interview with Mike Bateson in this week's Herald Express in which he thought there were too many players at the club. He thought there should be about 16 professional players plus a few local (part time) lads. He also felt that the 'break even' figure should have been set at 1500 instead of 1800.

Added in 6 minutes 39 seconds: Dare we ask why Kelvin Thomas terminated discussions? If I remember correctly, we were fed the story that the consortium, presumably the consortium you were part of, withdrew from negotiations after assessing the club's liabilities. Personally, it would have stuck in my throat that a bliddy Yank had come in the save the club, but then beggars can't be choosers .....
I am subject to a NDA so cannot provide specifics but have a good idea of the crisis points and times

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
tomogull wrote: You are right. The club has been run in a very amateurish way for at least the past four years and that is precisely why we are in the position we now find ourselves in. Many on this Forum have been saying this for years. Things won't miraculously change overnight. The new chairman and Board have to be given time to turn things around. Steve Breed the Chief Exec said on the radio last Tuesday night that they are learning on the job and that mistakes have been made. I hope they can pull us through. In fact, they seem to be our only hope.

I don't think going part-time would have been the answer. However, there was an interesting interview with Mike Bateson in this week's Herald Express in which he thought there were too many players at the club. He thought there should be about 16 professional players plus a few local (part time) lads. He also felt that the 'break even' figure should have been set at 1500 instead of 1800.

Added in 6 minutes 39 seconds: Dare we ask why Kelvin Thomas terminated discussions? If I remember correctly, we were fed the story that the consortium, presumably the consortium you were part of, withdrew from negotiations after assessing the club's liabilities. Personally, it would have stuck in my throat that a bliddy Yank had come in the save the club, but then beggars can't be choosers .....
I am subject to a NDA so cannot provide specifics but have a good idea of the crisis points and times
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

mushroom wrote: You should be ashamed of yourself

To be fair to eddyh I don't think he meant it literally. More pointing out that wanting to purchase Plainmoor doesn't necessarily mean bad news for the club. I read a very big tongue in cheek.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

mushroom wrote: You should be ashamed of yourself

Agree with that statement but perhaps putting in a further 350k could have avoided this position . I believe Kelvin Thomas has to take some responsibility and Bill Philips for accepting Thea's Shareholding without a substainable plan other than passing on a liability to naive people headed up by Deano who has an ego as big as a house
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Your walking has done you good Mushroom. You suddenly seem a much kinder and supportive person. The difficult thing with mushrooms is deciding whether they are food or poison.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Yells wrote: The reality is that Thea wanted out and you cannot blame her for that and Kelvin Thomas did the job as instructed but the reality is that you cannot turn the Cash tap off overnight and expect business as usual, it's takes at least a Season to adjust, now we are all now paying the price. This present position is not substainable and need a substantial cash injection if we want to stay in this League. No disrespects but the existing Board are completely out of their depth but we must back them in the interim.

As a new poster you might not know that I was literally pleading with Thea on here to stop handing money over to the dimwits that were controlling the club, they took her for a ride and her family had given more than enough to the club.
Dave

mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Dazza wrote:Your walking has done you good Mushroom. You suddenly seem a much kinder and supportive person. The difficult thing with mushrooms is deciding whether they are food or poison.
The pill of reality can sometimes times taste very unpleasant

Added in 3 minutes 6 seconds:
Yells wrote: Agree with that statement but perhaps putting in a further 350k could have avoided this position . I believe Kelvin Thomas has to take some responsibility and Bill Philips for accepting Thea's Shareholding without a substainable plan other than passing on a liability to naive people headed up by Deano who has an ego as big as a house
Well l am sure with everyone in life a point comes when enough is enough and in reality would only prolong the outcome
The rest l agree and have stated previously
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Southampton Gull wrote:

As a new poster you might not know that I was literally pleading with Thea on here to stop handing money over to the dimwits that were controlling the club, they took her for a ride and her family had given more than enough to the club.
I know the history only to well but handing the Club to Bill Philips was a big mistake. It satisfied Kelvin Thomas Brief but damaged the Club. Bill Philips just passed on the liability to Deano's ego. Easy prey in my opinion
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

There are very few football clubs who don't involve people with big egos. It's normally the way most clubs survive!
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Yells wrote: I know the history only to well but handing the Club to Bill Philips was a big mistake. It satisfied Kelvin Thomas Brief but damaged the Club. Bill Philips just passed on the liability to Deano's ego. Easy prey in my opinion
Not so sure about Kelvin;s brief but it looked very strange from a potential buyers position
Bill just wanted out without any cost
Deans ego may been inflated but has crashed landed since although l suspect he still is pulling the strings

Added in 4 minutes 55 seconds:
Dazza wrote:There are very few football clubs who don't involve people with big egos. It's normally the way most clubs survive!

With big wallets
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

So who would you like to see as the new manager then Mushroom?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Yells wrote: I know the history only to well but handing the Club to Bill Philips was a big mistake. It satisfied Kelvin Thomas Brief but damaged the Club. Bill Philips just passed on the liability to Deano's ego. Easy prey in my opinion
Allowing Bill Phillips into the club in the first place was a bigger mistake. I fail to see any benefit to the club during his whole time there.
Dave