Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by pinitgull »

I will let people know what I have heard from a very reliable source, will not comment further. Cox has a contact, an extremely wealthy man who to purchase the football club. Because of some of the boards mission to "save the club" this was rebuffed as certain people within the hierarchy would have lost their position.

This is what I believe to be true, and will in time come out
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by tommyg »

pinitgull wrote:I will let people know what I have heard from a very reliable source, will not comment further. Cox has a contact, an extremely wealthy man who to purchase the football club. Because of some of the boards mission to "save the club" this was rebuffed as certain people within the hierarchy would have lost their position.

I highly doubt Breed, Phillips, Edwards et al would risk the club's future in order to protect their own position. They're Torquay fans and want what's best for the club. Edwards said in an interview that if the right person wanted to buy the club then they would happily step aside. Not saying that what you've posted is false, but maybe the board felt Cox's contact wouldn't be beneficial to the club's future if he/she exists.
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

Please let's not include Edwards when talking about fans of the club. He is an employee and has managed to keep himself gainfully employed through the worst spell in our history. The commercial aspect of the club was a disaster under his stewardship but now considers himself some sort of football genius. Any time spent talking with him would lead any sane person to understand that he ain't exactly Einstien but my God he likes the sound of his own voice
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by tommyg »

Well while everyone was sitting on their backsides in the summer as the club was about to go bust, Edwards and Breed put together a package - the ONLY package - to keep the club running. How long for, we don't know. However, at least they went above and beyond to rescue our football team.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

LocalGull wrote::goodpost: Added in 10 minutes 6 seconds:
Usual reactionary drivel coming out of a lot of people on here.

No one knows the facts so the gossip mongering starts!

I'm not that upset Cox has gone, he has to take some responsibility for the poor attendances with his brand of football. Absolute long ball merchant and it was terrible to watch.

Why are we still signing players if we're about to fold? The set up is far from ideal but there are a lot more things to go wrong before we get to that stage.

Deano was a hero not so long ago for helping to save the club and now everyone is blaming him and calling him a clown. Take a look at yourselves.
:goodpost:

I havnt a clue whats happened behind the scenes and I very much doubt any of you on here do as well.

PC may have decided NOT to move to Torquay with his family, his wife might have hated the place
He might have family up there who are unwell
The schools down here might not have suited his kids
He may have fallen out with someone at the club
He might have some other offers pending which could double or triple his salary, which wouldn't be hard.
He might have thought he cant do the job, it was too hard.
House prices might have been too high in Torquay
He might have been critical of his own performance, and the job required a different approach.
He might have lost the motivation and desire
He might actually have some inner thoughts about it all that no one will ever know.
he might have personal relationship problems.

Come on guys, none of you know any of the above, unless you can read what is going on inside his head.

ITS BAD NEWS, YES / I SUPPOSE, but life and football moves on. If the next guy gets us relegated it will be bad news, if he gets us to the play offs it will be good news. I DONT KNOW, AND NOR DO YOU!

Brucie did you put a bet on? Sorry mate couldn't resist a little dig :)
TUST MEMBER
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

I don't understand the knives being out for Breed and Edwards. They may be learning on the job but if they hadn't stepped in we wouldn't have a club to support. Let's see what comes out on Monday and reserve judgement until then.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Hahahahaha just thought about my previous postings To the tune by ac/dc of course

In Cox we trust
Its Cox or Bust

Really made me laugh that
TUST MEMBER
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

pinitgull wrote:I will let people know what I have heard from a very reliable source, will not comment further. Cox has a contact, an extremely wealthy man who to purchase the football club. Because of some of the boards mission to "save the club" this was rebuffed as certain people within the hierarchy would have lost their position.

There is some truth in that and PC will be his guest with The Chairman at an away match this afternoon
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

pinitgull wrote: Cox has a contact, an extremely wealthy man who [?] to purchase the football club. Because of some of the boards mission to "save the club" this was rebuffed as certain people within the hierarchy would have lost their position.

Oh, Lordy. Perhaps Paul IS the messiah after all. He will return upon the third day with a fat cheque from his backer and save us all. :bow:

(depends what the [?] stands for, I suppose)
TUST member 200 ;-)
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

tommyg wrote:Well while everyone was sitting on their backsides in the summer as the club was about to go bust, Edwards and Breed put together a package - the ONLY package - to keep the club running. How long for, we don't know. However, at least they went above and beyond to rescue our football team.
My question is whether Edwards motives were to save the club or to just save his job (well get an even better and higher profile job actually). Instead of wondering where Torquay would have been without him ask yourself where he would be without Torquay. It has been said he didn't put a penny in so at the moment he's done ok for himself I'd say.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by tommyg »

mushroom wrote: There is some truth in that and PC will be his guest with The Chairman at an away match this afternoon
I don't quite follow. Whose chairman are we talking about here?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I also don't get this, PC and his potential buyer friend are attending what away game and what chairman are you talking about?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Does it matter? He won't be at Plainmoor and we have to pick up the pieces and hope....

Feels very strange today. I've sorted out cover to watch the kids while I head up to Plainmoor to watch a game in what could be a very sober atmosphere. I feel like I'm attending out of duty rather than passion though.

I think the next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by pinitgull »

tommyg wrote: I highly doubt Breed, Phillips, Edwards et al would risk the club's future in order to protect their own position. They're Torquay fans and want what's best for the club. Edwards said in an interview that if the right person wanted to buy the club then they would happily step aside. Not saying that what you've posted is false, but maybe the board felt Cox's contact wouldn't be beneficial to the club's future if he/she exists.
Think you will be very surprised.....

Added in 11 minutes 13 seconds:
torq2u wrote: Oh, Lordy. Perhaps Paul IS the messiah after all. He will return upon the third day with a fat cheque from his backer and save us all. :bow:

(depends what the [?] stands for, I suppose)
Wished....wanted....showed an interest in...take your pick
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Can we stop with these cryptic statements? If you've got something to say then come out and say it, rather than offering hints and vague assertions.