Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Hypothetically - If we asked Hargreaves to come back, I assume that if he refused we could terminate his contract without compensation for breach of contract? Not sure he'd give the job much enthusiasm considering how we was cast aside though...!
No, because the breakdown in trust and confidence between the Board and Hargreaves, together with the de facto dispensation of his services (albeit paid, it seems), would amount to constructive dismissal in any event.

EDIT: I see that gullintwoplaces has posted much the same and I concur with him.
TUST member 203
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

My twitter feed, Facebook feed and most of the sports pages I read are all full of the **** rugby world cup.

Stick that up your **** arses - my club is about to die. Winds me up so **** much how the lower leagues get **** all written about them. If this was a "massive" club about to die, that's all we'd hear about. Bunch of c**ts.

Maybe we need to stop singing "Torquay till I die" and substitute it with "Torquay till it dies...."

Desperately sad times - and given I'm normally Mr Optimist, it's taking a while to sink in just how far up shit creek we are.
I'm still, even now, hoping for some sort of miracle, whilst knowing deep down that this really does seem to be it.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Richinns wrote: How do we know he texted the paper?
http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Paul Cox not being paid has played NO part in his leaving from what I've been told.

STIP
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Paul Cox not being paid has played NO part in his leaving from what I've been told.
It would be nice to know what you have been told................
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

That IS what I've been told Rich.

STIP
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Scott Brehaut wrote:That IS what I've been told Rich.
Ah - ok. So just that!

I think we all want to know the real reason/s but no doubt we will be made to fill in the gaps and draw our own conclusions which will be more damaging to the club than being honest will be.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

It would not surprise me if PC has been tapped up by Halifax and ends up as their new manager as they are looking for one.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I have just taken my Torquay United sticker from the back of my car,it's been there for longer than I can remember,I have taken some stick from all around the country but Torquay is my team but now it seems to be the end.The directors are going faster than the animals up to Noah's arc (two ×two) and now the manager that was here for the long haul has resigned after three months, just what is going on!.I have posted that our true position was conference south or whatever it's called now but I never believed we would end up there or even worse.Please can we be told the TRUTH.Supporters have given to the players fund,season tickets,and the Trust.Have we all been taken for a ride.
I can only hope that the team and John Ramshaw have the balls to put this utter catastrophe behind them and stick two fingers up to Paul cox and take three points tomorrow
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

Caldwellanddobson wrote:We really are in trouble here. We haven't got a pot to p*** in and now we've got no manager either. Here's hoping Mr Edwards is able to act like the messiah he clearly believes he is and perform the miracle of getting some results, making us solvent and keeping us in the(non) league. God help us.
Edwards will destroy the club, he is only interested in his own career. He hasn't put a penny of his own money in the club and he extracts a significant salary (I've heard rumours it's above £25k per year) for doing absolutely nothing. Whilst at the same time not paying the management staff, culling the academy and producing no long term financial plan whatsoever.

He is a snake of the worst kind and the longer he gets to play his little game, the more likely our beloved club wI'll go under.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I have absolutely no information regarding the board, but why can't they work with TUST? Surely TUST joining forces would significantly improve the chances of us surviving (financially).
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

CLUB STATEMENT:
THE BOARD of Directors of Torquay United FC regretfully confirm that manager, Paul Cox, tendered his resignation today for what appears to be personal reasons.

Further information may become available over the coming weeks. At this stage we are unable to provide any further information other than the reason given to the Board.

In the interim, Director of Football, Dean Edwards, will work alongside John Ramshaw to manage all aspects of team affairs, starting with tomorrow’s home fixture against Bromley FC.
Well that's just exactly the appalling non-statement that is going to drive everyone to despair and allow rumours to spread. You can't tell fans that the club needs their support and then treat them like mushrooms over and over again.

Cox leaving is a massive blow, and already against a back-drop of constant decline on the pitch and falling crowds off them, this is becoming too much to take.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
Something like this:

"Torquay United regret to announce the resignation of their manager, Paul Cox, who has left with immedate effect. This is due to personal reasons that the club do not wish to go into at this time.

Assistant manager, John Ramshaw, will take charge of the next two home games, beginning tomorrow, Saturday, at the LWS.

Whilst we appreciate that these appear to be troubling times, the Board wish to reassure the fans that they are doing all they can to ensure that a new manager will be appointed as soon as possible.

Further announcements will be made in due course"
Funnily enough Scott, the club statement says pretty much that word for word.

THE BOARD of Directors of Torquay United FC regretfully confirm that manager, Paul Cox, tendered his resignation today for what appears to be personal reasons.

Further information may become available over the coming weeks. At this stage we are unable to provide any further information other than the reason given to the Board.

In the interim, Director of Football, Dean Edwards, will work alongside John Ramshaw to manage all aspects of team affairs, starting with tomorrow’s home fixture against Bromley FC.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

WHAT A F--KING MESS, R.I.P. TORQUAY UNITED. :(
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

I was never one of the people who felt that the current board were any more than the best available at the time, well actually the only option at the time and of course there has to be gratitude for saving the club if indeed that is what they did. However, not having the knowledge or understanding to run a football club was always a massive risk and the downfall is a lot more rapid than I feared. Unfortunately, they are about as clueless as the last lot BUT they don't have a massive chequebook!
Its a shambles and the constant need to be in the media with contradicting stories in the press coming from the various mouths of those that like the sound of their own voices has led me to lose any respect I had.
I like Paul Cox but if anyone seriously thought he would be able to work under a clown like Dean Edwards for any length of time was deluded. Edwards now has the profile he craves so much and I fully expect him to hold the reigns for as long as he can. How on earth he has remained employed after years of failure is beyond me.