Who will be the top five teams in National League 2015/16?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Who will be the top five teams in National League 2015/16?

Aldershot
1%
Altrincham
1%
Barrow
2%
Boreham Wood
No votes
Braintree
No votes
Bromley
No votes
Cheltenham
7%
Chester
2%
Dover
1%
Eastleigh
13%
Halifax
3%
Forest Green
7%
Gateshead
7%
Grimsby
18%
Guiseley
1%
Kidderminster
1%
Lincoln City
1%
Macclesfield
1%
Southport
1%
Torquay
7%
Tranmere
13%
Welling
No votes
Woking
3%
Wrexham
13%

Total votes: 187

PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Realistically I'm expecting a mid table finish, perhaps not much better than last season but and I think it is a big but, I am looking forward to a much more positive atmosphere - players visibly working harder, a manager with much more control on the situation and when we do lose, which we will I expect it to only be by the odd goal.

Added in 23 minutes 51 seconds:
And I expect to have a much more positive feeling come the end of the season that we have made progress and with a couple of astute signings can make a push for the top the following season.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Considering how long it took Luton Town to get back into the Football League, it must take a combination of qualities and a certain amount of good luck for a team to be promoted from our current status. Perhaps the same could be said of any division, but it does mean that we must give ourselves every chance and every possible advantage over the other teams, some of whom we can't match in terms of either playing budget or size of match attendances.

Our new owners have done, and are doing, what they can to ensure the club stays afloat financially, and have a new management team in place to instil a new spirit into the playing squad. We should now be leaner, meaner, and hungrier for success.

The final part of the puzzle is us, the supporters. We must play our part by attending matches and supporting the team. The Plainmoor Roar will be effectively an extra player on the pitch for us, and good size crowds will help the club financially. And we have a small army of volunteers who have already helped prepare the stadium for the season ahead. We must, whenever we can, add to their numbers: whenever the club needs volunteer assistance we must be ready to help. And last but not least, make a regular purchase of the TUST lottery tickets.

Then surely there'll be no stopping us..!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

Hopefully this season we can limit Braintree to three or four goals.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

happytorq wrote:Well, yeah, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we do ok.
Agreed, we can't rule anything out and what's the point of going into a season with out optimism. I just look at the three play-off teams from last season, Grimsby, FGR and Eastleigh, they've all strengthened, then the two relegated teams, who no doubt will try to use their advantage of having parachute payments to gain promotion first time of asking, although as said I fancy Tranmere more than Cheltenham, also Wrexham have 2,200 season tickets sold.

So there's six clubs already who have spending power that out weighs ours by some distance, there could be a few more. Here lies the problem, stating the obvious some what I know, in the early part of the season, with a fresh squad, no suspensions, pitch's in good condition, I expect our squad will compete up there in the top eight, as I think our front elven will e stronger than last term, come January, with maybe a few injury's and suspensions, who knows, we, as a club are less likely to be in position to add 1-2 players to support our squad, there are others as mentioned who will have that ability. This is why I think a top five finish, would be massive over achievement.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gone for in no particular order. Grimsby, Eastleigh, tranmere, Gateshead and Wrexham. We will compete but just can't see it being a promotion year. Saying that it's a funny old game, remember histon.
Lucy
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Mid table indifference will do for me. Cox is being hamstrung by the budget and I don't think you can win the league with players on £300 p/w or whatever they're on.

Stay solid, be tough to beat, win against the part-timers. That'll do me.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

stevegull wrote:Mid table indifference will do for me. Cox is being hamstrung by the budget and I don't think you can win the league with players on £300 p/w or whatever they're on.

Stay solid, be tough to beat, win against the part-timers. That'll do me.
Agree with this view. Trouble is I can't see it being different next season ...or the season after...or after that. It's sad but this is probably our level now.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Modgull wrote: Agree with this view. Trouble is I can't see it being different next season ...or the season after...or after that. It's sad but this is probably our level now.
Or you could take off those rose-coloured spectacles.. :)