Bowman to Gateshead - Confirmed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Bowman is a conference striker, he scores some, he misses some. He did miss some awful one on ones and open goals in games where it really mattered. I think he wont be a great miss but I hope we have someone to replace the goals. Totally different striker to Tim Sills, who was a pure target man, who was incredible in the air - but terrible on the ground. I bet 75% of Sills goals were headers.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

It would be a crying shame to let Bowman go.

I think he's the first striker we've had since Tim Sills who looks genuinely capable of scoring 20 goals in a season. (I know Howe had a season of scoring but he never seemed as permanently threatening as Sills or Bowman)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It's a very very odd decision.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I too think it is wrong to get rid of Bowman, from what I saw I thought he was OK. It's a call that could go either way. Could be inspired, could be a absolute case of shooting yourself in the foot.

I think some people are a bit rich talking about his "bad attitude" last season. How many fans in here came on saying they wouldn't go and watch under the current regime etc etc. As fans, we were fed up last season - understandably perhaps Bowman was too?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gullscorer wrote:So what sort of a season d'you think York will have, Andy...? :) :~D
Hadn't realised he intended to be there still at the end of the season! ;-)
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

http://mobile.torquayunited.com/news/ar ... 53461.aspx

Has joined Gateshead for an undisclosed fee. Shame to see him go but if he wants to leave then letting him go is the right thing to do. Hopefully we can bring in a replacement asap.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

and exodus to sign today, and stiker will be signed to replace bowman.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ROADRUNNER wrote:and exodus to sign today, and stiker will be signed to replace bowman.
A big brute by any chance?!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Richinns wrote: A big brute by any chance?!
Hopefully!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There's does seem to be fair amount of suggestion, that Bowman did indeed want to go back up north, A shame this, as I don't think we saw the best of this lad, however, all things considered and with RR suggesting that a replacement will be signed, this situation is understandable, I now look forward to see who comes in.
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Disappointing about Bowman.

I wonder why he's left, was it the management or the players' choice? Or did he simply get approached by a team close to his home who will no doubt be very competitive?

Either way, he leaves a big hole in the forward line. Given Cox's like of a target man upfront, our roster of Marsh, Yeoman, Prynn and Fairhurst is lacking somewhat in the height department. We have the pace of Marsh, the promise of Prynn, the finishing of Yeoman and the creativity of Fairhurst, a bully up front is required.

Having a look at a few players without a club, could Manset be someone we return to? He certainly has the physical attributes and could be the rough diamond we need to polish. The questions remain over whether we'd go back for someone who rejected us recently, and also whether he's good enough any more. He failed to score in 12 games for Cheltenham at the end of last season, but then again they had a poor team and I'm not sure how fussy we can be. I imagine that Bowman was on a decent wage though, and we could perhaps afford a decent player. I see Calvin Zola has also been released by Stevenage - unwieldly of course, but also a handful up front. I'm not sure if we could afford him or lure him down though.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Anyone shed any light on why he has gone on loan and not paid for?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bowman hasn't gone out on loan, W-M-N are suggesting that Gateshead have paid a fee in the region of £10k with a 15 % sell on.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

forevertufc wrote:Bowman hasn't gone out on loan, W-M-N are suggesting that Gateshead have paid a fee in the region of £10k with a 15 % sell on.

Yep,
http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

£10k :( Bowman 1/4900 as good as Sterling! Ridiculous!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084