Ashley Yeoman

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Ashley Yeoman

Post by stevegull »

Has been offered a pre-season trial by the looks of it...

Wonder if he'll play any pre-season friendlies?

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html

Currently signed-on strikers are: Bowman, Marsh. Is that it?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I wonder if he is being invited back to make up the numbers, as a cheap option for the squad.

Yeoman has done enough to convince several managers he is worth another contract, but never been a regular in the first team.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

stevegull wrote:Has been offered a pre-season trial by the looks of it...

Wonder if he'll play any pre-season friendlies?

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html

Currently signed-on strikers are: Bowman, Marsh. Is that it?
and Prynn
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think Liam Prynn will probably take his place, or at least he should be if he was good enough to sign a professional deal. With a limited budget we're only likely to have 4 strikers - Bowman, Marsh, AN Other and Prynn 4th choice. I don't think Yeoman is quite good enough for 3rd choice striker, and he's been 4th choice for so long now that another youth graduate has effectively caught him up. He's had a really strange career, showing glimpses but never playing regularly, and I think the change of manager will probably seal his fate.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

Can't see yeoman doing much in preseason not good enough ! If he stay he'll be a bench warmer
:scarf: :whistle:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Won't someone put Ashley out of his misery! How many more summers will he play the role of great summer hope only to spend the season with a free season ticket watching the games from the stands?!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

PhilGull wrote:Won't someone put Ashley out of his misery! How many more summers will he play the role of great summer hope only to spend the season with a free season ticket watching the games from the stands?!
Cox will no doubt make the right decision.
Lucy
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

The thing with Yeoman is that he has been good enough to earn deals from Buckle, Ling, Knill and Hargreaves but not quite good enough to figure heavily in any of their plans.

There must be a bit of a player in there with so many managers keeping him on the books?

(Playing devils advocate)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I wonder how many of those players that Chris Hargreaves 'held over' awaiting notification of the playing budget will reappear on Friday as trialists. We are now desperately short of money and obviously those based locally may wish to see if they can make the squad possibly as 'part timers' . However I have to say that if strength and work rate are the yardsticks this year I am not too certain about their chances.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dazza wrote:I wonder how many of those players that Chris Hargreaves 'held over' awaiting notification of the playing budget will reappear on Friday as trialists. We are now desperately short of money and obviously those based locally may wish to see if they can make the squad possibly as 'part timers' . However I have to say that if strength and work rate are the yardsticks this year I am not too certain about their chances.
The thing is, us old guys have been here many times before. Players leave and we get excited about new players coming in, but half way through the season we realise that the new players that have come in are no better, and in many cases, worse than the players they've replaced. That's why we are where we are now. In the final month of last season, we won 3, drew 2 and lost 1. Okay, it can be argued that it was the end of the season and therefore teams had nothing to play for, but there were some signs that Hargreaves was at last starting to get a reasonable side together, although it could also be argued it was because the defence looked more secure as a result of Dan Lavercombe being brought into the side.

What I'm getting around to saying is that with the limited budget that Paul Cox has, I wouldn't mind seeing McQuilkin, Campbell, Dawson and Daniels invited back so Cox can have a look at them - even if one or two of them are only offered 'prove yourself' six month contracts. For me, Cambell is a better option than Ashley Yeoman. As much as I wished Ash could have made it, the weakness in his game is that he gets knocked off the ball far too easily. Dawson has not had much chance of first team football but I feel that he has the attitude and the ability to develop into a decent player. Forever said on another thread that he didn't think Mcquilkin was Cox's type of player. He's probably right. Daniels showed what a decent player he is and I bet most fans would be happy to see him back. I think the difference between Cox and Hargreaves is that Cox will get more out of his players than Hargreaves was able to. You can put it down to experience or whatever, but I feel that will be the big difference we will see next season.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

stevegull wrote:The thing with Yeoman is that he has been good enough to earn deals from Buckle, Ling, Knill and Hargreaves but not quite good enough to figure heavily in any of their plans.

There must be a bit of a player in there with so many managers keeping him on the books?

(Playing devils advocate)
Or he's on £200 a week.
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

Thanks Scott! :)
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Has now been released according to Herald Express website.