Consortium update

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tomogull wrote:Very pleased to read the the Youth Academy is to be 'watered down' rather than being completely disbanded. I'm beginning to suspect that Forever is one of the ten because that was his suggestion on here a while ago !!!

Lol Tomo, no I'm not one of the ten, oh how I wish, I had enough money to commit, if that was the case I wouldn't hesitate investing. It's been my own personal belief the academy should have been watered down 18 months ago, and been posting all the way a long.

I fully understood the notion, short term loss (first team) to put money into the youth set-up for long term gain of the club, but I never saw the long term gain against the amount of money a cat 3 set up was actually costing, the club in my opinion was taking far, far to much money away from the first team, to put into the youth set-up ( and training ground) which can take 12 years plus to provide a production line of fit for purpose talent, time the club just did not have and could not afford, point proved, TUFC got relegated.

Water it down is a shame, there's staff I know personally, and having some form of youth set-up is the way forward, but a youth set-up at the level the club can afford, no club, should ever find itself in a position, where by, it's spending as much if not more, on it's youth set-up than it is, on it's first team, and that's exactly the direction TUFC were heading.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

So pleased they are all Torquay Fans. Deans Edwards statement is "Right on the button" in my opinion. Reading between the lines and this could be way off but was he hinting that we have had some prima donnas at the club in recent years.

Andy Candy - thanks for your input on here and all the best, APPRECIATED!!!
TUST MEMBER
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Dean Edwards has said all the right things and has echoed not only my own sentiments, but probably those of many supporters. Very pleased.
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
There's still a long hard road ahead, but now looking forward with optimism and anticipation. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Let the fun commence! :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thank you all again.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

I will pay £50 to charity if Steve Breed shows up to the first home game on his old moped.

:)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

he might if you pay it to TUFC !!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

taxilady wrote:he might if you pay it to TUFC !!!!!
Excellent. Not as if I'll get to many games this season....

Steve, get on it!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I would like to echo the thanks to Andy C. What a real shame, letting him go. Wish they could have found a place for him. He is 110% committed to TUFC. He did so much that, in the main, went unnoticed. He was brilliant at liasing with the fans, mainly because he is a fan himself and understood fans concerns. Thankyou Andrew.

I note, in Phil gulls post he says "Edwards will not sign players" Does that suggest that we are going to have loneies? Surley we dont have enough players, at the moment, to field a side?
Last edited by diamondgirl on 15 Jun 2015, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

diamondgirl wrote:I would like to echo the thanks to Andy C. What a real shame, letting him go. Wish they could have found a place for him. He is 110% committed to TUFC. He did so much that, in the main, went unnoticed. He was brilliant at liasing with the fans, mainly because he is a fan himself and understood fans concerns. Thankyou Andrew.

I note, in the opening post, that Philgull says "Edwards will not sigh players" Does that suggest that we are going to have loneies? Surley we dont have enough players, at the moment, to field a side?
He means that signing players will be the job of the manager, not the director of football.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Kernowgull wrote: He means that signing players will be the job of the manager, not the director of football.
Yeah, that's how I understood it too.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

What Dean Edwards is saying is that although he will be Director of Football and may suggest potential players to the New Manager it is the Manager who will make the decisions on who the Club signs.

At last we seem to have people in charge with a plan who know what they are doing.

All hugely encouraging. Thank you one and all associated with the New Consortium at last we can see a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

I suggest the people of Torquay and all fans go to Plainmoor for the first home NATIONAL LEAGUE match and lets get 4,000 in the ground. Please do not laugh if we spread the word and ALL bring 2 friends it IS possible.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

A Candy wrote:Thank you all again.
No Andrew, Thank You. :clap:

It's been a pleasure reading your posts on here and I'm sure it's obvious to all of the forum members what TUFC means to you.

Hope to meet you on the Popside sometime and buy you a pint in B&L.

No sarky comments please from fellow members about me being tight! :@ =D

Cheers
Andrew.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Neal wrote:So pleased they are all Torquay Fans. Deans Edwards statement is "Right on the button" in my opinion. Reading between the lines and this could be way off but was he hinting that we have had some prima donnas at the club in recent years.

Andy Candy - thanks for your input on here and all the best, APPRECIATED!!!
I'm thinking Billy Bodin.........anyone else?

I'll echo the thanks to Andrew Candy though, he has been the only person trying to keep the fans in touch with the club in recent times. Thank you Andrew.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.