Consortium update

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We have a team to support, until we here clarification on the youth scheme let's not start slagging the new owners already. Obviously the old board have gone. If cuts will/had to be made, the youth scheme was a no brainer. Why had harrop left, because he knew the likely outcome. That's a 100k saving already. Whilst money is tight the money available needs to go into the first team. Well done dean.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

picklepot wrote:Forevertufc, I am trying to contact you for advice but am unable to do so, would it be possible for you to pm me. Thanks
PM sent, hope it helps.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Terrific news. This is what Edwards will have at his desk on Monday... :)

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/thi ... story.html
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

At last!

Congratulations to Dean and his band of mystery men who have gone for it and bought what is currently a disaster of a club. The hard work begins now though and the TUST have a huge role to play in staying involved with the club. Don't let it die!

The decision to close the academy is a painful one for all concerned and I feel for the lads who have been released. I fear that this could be a vital stream of revenue closed forever but totally understand the reasons and fans shouldn't expect too much over the next couple of seasons.

CH is starting a 100m race, 40m behind the rest of the field and he's going to have to work his socks off to put out any sort of decent team. I doubt the new board are going to replace CH so us fans have to accept it for now and get behind him and whoever pulls on the yellow shirt for 2015/16.

The club has got to get more involved in the local community though and not just Torbay.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Dazza wrote:The Youth Academy if it is close has been closed by the crass stupidity of the F.A. They have contact with massive amounts thanks to Television rights but stop Academy support at League status level. The F A. want to take on FIFA but perhaps they also ought to consider how ineffective they are.

I don't blame the consortium whatever happens. They have already been very brave. They have to protect the club. The FA need to protect football at all levels and they are failing to do so.
The Academy is funded by the Football League nothing to do with the FA
To run an Academy Cat 3 when in the FL The Club is required to fund max 120k to receive 240k from the FL
If you leave the League you receive the funding for 1st year and 50% in second year ie League fund up to 120k as long as Club fund 240k in 2nd year then funding ceases in 3rd year
The right solution for the Club would of retained a smaller Academy until back in League 2
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

& had the outgoing Board prepared properly, this might well have been the outcome; now our Club has been rescued by ten fervent supporters who need to maximise as much support as possible. I'm very sorry for all the lads being released from the Youth Training programme when very recently they were assured that it would continue. But where there's no dosh, there's no dosh. There will be a lot of criticism of this decision I'm sure, but where were all the critics with their wallets when Dean was appealing for more investment last week ? I'm not quite sure who the'right ' person/people were that 'Bill should have sold to' is or are, but I'm very happy/grateful to the buyers that we've got ! Well done Breedy & Co...we've still got a Club !!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

This club has been rescued from the brink by a group of fans. The best outcome in my opinion, I didn't want anyone from outside EVEN if they had more money. There will be some painful decisions, there always is in these circumstances, and the academy is one of them. There will probably be more but I guess the new consortium want to maximise our first team competitiveness this season, and that wont be easy.

Also, it must be a great relief for the players who are signed up for next season. Who knows if some of them might have thought about moving on during all this.
TUST MEMBER
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

This is great news for the Norway Gulls. We have had a great relation with Dean Edwards over the years. Hopefully we will be able to continue this with the new consortium.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

mushroom wrote:The Academy is funded by the Football League nothing to do with the FA
Where do you think that money comes from in the first place?
the Premier League and FA invest more central income than ever before in Youth Development programmes across the country
Money moves from the PL to the FA and on to the FL for re-distribution
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Would really like to know who the rest of the "New Consotium" memebers are, not being negative, in fact I am grateful and thank them for their tenacity it couldn't have been easy negotiating with some people, just interested in best interests of TUFC, guess we'll find out on Monday.

I would also like to know what the hold up was as they seemed very keen Intially and then the only news we received was "Deal not done yet!" If it were to transpire that the new consortium had to pay over the top for something that was given to some directors by Thea then I would like to know that also, although I fear we may never learn the full facts.

Maybe time to move on and let Karma take its course.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Somethings you can do something about , somethings you can't, let make a fresh start from next Monday and forget all the things that have gone on in the past couple of months not to mention the last three years.As for the youth setup if we can't afford it that's it,I would like a swimming pool but I still have a house that keeps me warm and dry (fingers crossed) ,we still have a club that we can support,let go of the past and look forward to the future

Added in 1 second:
Somethings you can do something about , somethings you can't, let make a fresh start from next Monday and forget all the things that have gone on in the past couple of months not to mention the last three years.As for the youth setup if we can't afford it that's it,I would like a swimming pool but I still have a house that keeps me warm and dry (fingers crossed) ,we still have a club that we can support,let go of the past and look forward to the future

Added in 51 seconds:

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
Sorry for the three posts,too much red wine again
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed French, I fear for DP's sanity :) the old have gone, we have a new broom now, who will hopefully sweep clean in more ways than one.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Time to move on and do your best, agreed. Can't feel a kind lady has probably been done over here by the out goers.

One mans sanity is another's madness, surely a TUFC supporter realises that.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Any news on the press conference?
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Herald Express are live tweeting... https://x.com/tqhesport

Added in 38 minutes 45 seconds:
David Phillips - Chairman
Dean Edwards - Director Of Football
Steve Breed - Chief Executive

Andrew Candy - leaving this week

Board meeting with TUST this week
New manager by the end of the week
Scouting to increase 10-fold - looking at players all over the world
Youth academy will be watered down
Seal Hayne future up for discussion
90 season tickets sold
Edwards will not sign players
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084