Takeover 50/50 ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Totally agree PlainmoorRoar, he does make himself look increasingly stupid by making nasty comments like that. Totally uncalled for.

On the issue of Kelvin Thomas, for goodness sake he is working for Thea to help her. He is an experienced football club chairman, and Thea would obviously need help. She is a lottery winner, not an experienced businesswomen. But she does love the Gulls, so we have to trust her to act in the club's best interests. What else can we do? She certainly wouldn't get independent advice from other Board members.

I hope that a deal with somebody appropriate is done. If it is not somebody who has the club's interests at heart then I'd rather TUST bought it and ran the club on a shoestring.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

There does seem to be some possibly over-negative hysteria on here over this - imagine my surprise.............

Now I don't consider myself an expert in business takeovers/sales, but what I do know is that not everything runs smoothly during negotiations. Sometimes parties walk away from the table - sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't. If things have stalled, it doesn't necessarily mean its permanent.

Also, how do we know that any breakdown is bad for the club? As far as I know, we know nothing about this takeover!

How do we know that the potential buyers weren't making demands that were unreasonable, trying to get the club for less than market value or not in the best interests of the club?

How do we know that Kelvin Thomas hasn't seen something in the interested party that he doesn't like? No proof of funds, more interest in the assets rather than the club?

Call me a rose tinter, but at the moment a lot of people are hypothesising over absolutely minimal information
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

PhilGull wrote:
"an awful lot of trust being placed in Kelvin Thomas by a significant number of our fans for no reason"
And the exact same thing can be said for the opposite viewpoint.

As for having the interests of the club at heart. No, of course he doesn't. He is being employed by Thea and has her interests 'at heart', Thea in turn has the clubs interests at heart.

This is just a case of some people choosing to view the glass as being half-full and some choosing to see it as half-empty. Neither are wrong, just some or more whiney than others! ;-)
:goodpost:

Yes - KT is being employed by Mrs Bristow at a considerable cost I would guess .. but does he have her interests at heart or are his interest more £££ related?

To him TUFC is just another commodity, and whether they are still a viable concern in 6 months time is probably of no interest to him. He is being paid for today not the future.

There are 100's of 'advisers' like him around and probably each would offer different advice to Mrs Bristow. KT was in the right place at the right time and got the job.

The proof will be in the final pudding that is put on the table - until then and in the coming months, nobody will know whether he has done a good job or not .. and he certainly won't be too bothered either way!
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

A good point RG.
The truth is none of know what the financial arrangement with KT is. One of the best ways to ensure he worked on our longer term interests would be one where he is paid a portion of his fee now and the remainder in 12 months on the proviso that we still have a viable club ready to face the 2016-17 season in the Conference or above.
I suspect any arrangement will have been on KT terms. We can only keep our fingers crossed and hope that he comes up with the goods.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

yeovilgull wrote:A good point RG.
The truth is none of know what the financial arrangement with KT is. One of the best ways to ensure he worked on our longer term interests would be one where he is paid a portion of his fee now and the remainder in 12 months on the proviso that we still have a viable club ready to face the 2016-17 season in the Conference or above.
I suspect any arrangement will have been on KT terms.
[/
b]

Or you could all have joined the Trust when it first appeared nearly half a year ago now and given yourselves a more than fighting chance. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping is all well and good but only when there are no other options available. Now it's the ONLY option.

Join up NOW and make sure you have no regrets. It's never too late.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

How do you know he didn't?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Or he could just wander off and support another club...............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

Southampton Gull wrote:Or he could just wander off and support another club...............

Bloody annoying that he won't wander off to their forum as well. His posts bored me to tears when he supposedly supported us now the just annoy me. Sanctimonious hypocrite !!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Just looked at Merse's latest post on BPIR. If this is correct, then we are in for a very difficult few days. I am a trusting soul generally, but that is wearing very thin now for a lot of reasons. Some people are self serving bastards in this world, I have seen too many of them now. I still think that most people are honourable, but not everybody is, sadly.i just hope that the honourable ones prevail.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

What is the content of the post? I cant access that site as for some inexplicable reason I am banned. I wont re-register under a different username and use that site anyway now as he is a right knob.

But what is the word on the street that is so bad?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Broadly Merse us suggesting that a board meeting on Wednesday will have to decide on where we go, Thea wants out & there may be no White Knight. It reads very grim, I just hope that there is another outcome involving TUST. These are very dark days, and I am an optimist.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I dont doubt we are in deep trouble, I doubt there is a white Knight and I have severely doubted all along that we will have anyone satisfactory willing to take the club on, indeed I havent trusted or liked the look of this Kelvin Thomas fella from the start, mainly from reading the Oxford forum, he must be laughing all the way to the bank with what he has been fleecing out of Mrs Bristow over the past few months, what has he actually done for us as a club or her?

However the whole thing has been shrouded in secrecy, we have been told nothing about the deal, we dont know who is interested or really how events are unfolding so why would this Merse bloke be in the know and have any information, how does he know anything when nobody else does?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I think there is a fair chance that Merse knows more than most on this forum. He is well connected to the club and is not in my experience a bullshitter.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seems as if the situation is becoming more desperate by the hour as there is no leadership. Come on we want a team to support next season.
zoomed
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by zoomed »

TUST Update to Members

http://fb.me/6xyncPtyG