17 year old keeper steps up.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

17 year old keeper steps up.

Post by kevgull »

Good decision to be honest, this is the next logical step for the lad. I presume he will now work full time with the 1st team for the remainder of the season, no matter what should happen to Rice during the run in.
Life is not a bed of roses for us at the moment, I hope he is mentally ready.

A couple of cameo rolls and just soaking up the match day pressure from the bench, would be ideal.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No real surprise there Kevgull. Common sense decision with 13 games to go, if CH carries on making decisions like this, I might start to think he could have the potential to make a half decent manager after all.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

From what I have heard they think a lot of this kid. Without doubt if TUFC have a brighter future then they are going to have to start to produce and trust those coming through the ranks. Let's hope he is giving his chance to prove the youth system is worth the investment.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

This what I feel a lot of us wished for right from when the now defunct original consortium took over. Not easy I know, especially at that time, but it would be good to see us taking a punt on one or two youngsters and to hell with the consequences.

Just hope the home crowd are too impatient.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Wait until we are safe from relegation then play him for the rest of the season.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

wodger of awabia wrote:Wait until we are safe from relegation then play him for the rest of the season.
I agree and we also need to try odofin chaney parcell and Jamie Reed
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

ethantufcbaker wrote: I agree and we also need to try odofin chaney parcell and Jamie Reed
Agreed. The lad should get a couple of games towards the end of the season.
Look at Southampton's youth development policy. I know they're a PL side but the way they promote young players is magnificent. Look at Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Targett, Chambers etc, all kids that have been slowly introduced to the side at the age of 16/17. Just like we've done with Levi we should let these kids prove their worth.
I agree Chaney and Parcell need a chance to prove they can compete for places at this level else what would be the point in giving them pro's? Odofin and Prynn are almost gauranteed contracts so I expect them to get a couple games towards the end of the season.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yep Im all for giving the lads a chance and to hell with the results. Its a risk but what the hell, I would rather take a risk with some local 16/17 year olds than some over paid journey men that's for sure.
TUST MEMBER