Given the choice would you want them next season?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Richinns wrote:As things stand currently:

Chris Hargreaves - Yes (Give him a chance with what will be 100% his squad. A second season hoping he has learnt a lot from the first.

Martin Rice - No (Will never be accepted by the fans and had a poor season compared to last)
Tom Cruise - No (Time to realise training ground form is different to the real thing)
Aaron Downes - No (Great guy and love his heart but he is not the player he first was when he joined us and makes too many game costing mistakes)
Dale Tonge - No (Enough has been said on him already)
Levi Ives - Yes (Although needs to sign a contract which is unlikely!)
Krystian Pearce - No (Does not want to be here then get rid)
Angus MacDonald - Yes (Rash at times but worth another year)
Courtney Richards - Yes (There is a decent player there - just bang out of form and low in confidence)
Courtney Cameron - Yes (I still think he could be very good - just gets lost in games. Give him another year and hope he learns)
Jordan Chapell - No (Really had high hopes when he signed but has not made it and doubt he will. Bullied out of games too often)
Ben Harding (who) - No (Enough has been said on him already)
Sam Chaney - No (Not going to make it judging by this season and the fact Hargreaves will not trust him when we were short in midfield)
Mickey Parcell - No (Same as above)
Luke Young - Yes (No-brainer)
Toby Ajala - Yes - (Worth another year)
Ashley Yeoman - No (Time to realise he is not going to cut it at this level)
Elliot Benyon - No (Sorry to see his return turn out to be such a disaster. Time for all to move on)
Louis Briscoe - Yes (but have a clause that he turns up fit and in better shape than now otherwise bin him)
Ryan Bowman - Yes (Gets much criticism but decent player at tis level and will score goals if provided with service)
Duane Ofori-Achaempong - No (A handful at times but beyond awful at others)
You obviously have not watched Micky Parcell in the right system he would be better than what we've got he's got potential at 18
Chapell managed right is good enough as well
Cameron don't think you've watched many games. :keepie:
The rest I agree!
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

DJ Gull wrote:Martin Rice - No, Keep as second choice if must
Tom Cruise - No, Awful
Aaron Downes - yes on lower wage
Dale Tonge - No, Headless Chicken
Krystian Pearce - Yes
Angus MacDonald - yes
Courtney Richards - No, Was good for the first quater then forgot how to play football
Courtney Cameron - no, really wanted him to do well but his time has come
Jordan Chapell - no, Same as above
Ben Harding - No, Rubbish
Luke Young - yes, but as said by others, take a decent sum of money, doesn't seem all that these days
Toby Ajala - No, Lazy let down of the season
Ashley Yeoman - No, like the lad but I don't think he will make it at this level
Elliot Benyon - No, Don't need to say anything
Louis Briscoe - yes, IF he gets into shape
Ryan Bowman - yes, could be a 15/20 goal a season lad, if he can get the right support
Duane - yes, I still beleive his strength can be used to our advantage against big defenders
Genuinely astonished that you think Ajala has been a lazy let down. Can understand that some may think he lacks quality but he's the polar opposite of lazy imo.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, Ajala is one of the hardest working players we have.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just have to support A Realist concerning Toby Ajala.

Ajala works his socks off for the team and has a great engine.

He will run 30 yards at full speed and dispossess a defender and you wonder how he got there so quickly.

If you read this Toby take no notice of DJ Gull. Sorry DJ but in my years on this Forum your comment is without doubt the most inaccurate I have ever read.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Also agree about Ajala, He works very hard for the team and if continues till the end of the season and Young stays anonymous, I would say Ajala would be my player of the season.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

OllieGull wrote:Also agree about Ajala, He works very hard for the team and if continues till the end of the season and Young stays anonymous, I would say Ajala would be my player of the season.

Player of the season, I'm not sure if anyone deserves it this year.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Personally I would keep - Richards,Ajala,Young,Pearce and Ofori. I wouldn't even keep Bowman who is complete shite. Thats how bad this team actually is. Ives is completely over hyped as well. Not signing a contract is laughable - he is a liability.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ajala is definately player of the season. It doesn't always come off for him but on workrate alone he puts the likes of Cameron,Harding and Co to shame. There is going to be one almight flushing of a shower of shit come seasons end.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Clearly DJ Gull is a prize bell end who hasn't seen a game all season.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Chris Hargreaves - sacked by incoming triple rollover euro lottery winner :engflag:

Martin Rice - yes (as back up 2nd choice 'keeper, as he's Ian's mate)
Tom Cruise - no.
Aaron Downes - no.
Dale Tonge - no
Krystian Pearce - no

Angus MacDonald - yes (six month contract to January 2016 transfer window, dependent on successful anger management therapy)

Courtney Richards - no
Courtney Cameron - no
Jordan Chapell - no
Ben Harding - no
Luke Young - yes (under contract until 2016)
Toby Ajala - yes (six month contract to January 2016 transfer window)
Ashley Yeoman - no
Elliot Benyon - no
Louis Briscoe - yes (under contract until 2016)
Ryan Bowman - yes (under contract until 2016)
Duane Ofori-Achaempong - yes (six month contract to January 2016 transfer window)

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote:Chris Hargreaves - sacked by incoming triple rollover euro lottery winner :engflag:

Martin Rice - yes (as back up 2nd choice 'keeper, as he's Ian's mate)
Tom Cruise - no.
Aaron Downes - no.
Dale Tonge - no
Krystian Pearce - no

Angus MacDonald - yes (six month contract to January 2016 transfer window, dependent on successful anger management therapy)

Courtney Richards - no
Courtney Cameron - no
Jordan Chapell - no
Ben Harding - no
Luke Young - yes (under contract until 2016)
Toby Ajala - yes (six month contract to January 2016 transfer window)
Ashley Yeoman - no
Elliot Benyon - no
Louis Briscoe - yes (under contract until 2016)
Ryan Bowman - yes (under contract until 2016)
Duane Ofori-Achaempong - yes (six month contract to January 2016 transfer window)

:engflag:
Good choices Troj me ol cock.

And here's hoping you or I win the Euromillions jackpot tomorrow night.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I think a lot of you are being unrealistic on this thread. Bigleigh would keep just FOUR of the present squad. Even Forever whose posts are usually well reasoned would only keep six. Where the hell do you think we're going to find 12 (at least) replacements who are as good (that's probably not the right word !!) who would want to come to Torquay ? Olliegull would keep 10 of the present squad. In my view, that's more realistic. And why dismiss the the non-contract players so quickly? We haven't even seen Dawson and Jamie Reid play yet and I would certainly like to see Guegan here next season and I think McQuilkin has something about him so let's be fair and see how they shape up between now and the end of the season.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

DJ Gull wrote: Toby Ajala - No, Lazy let down of the season
Ah - that explains why the Wrexham players closed him down so quickly whenever he was on the ball, and clipped his ankles when they had the chance.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Chris Hargreaves - Yes, he has always said judge him next season when he's got a clean slate to work with. Inexperienced he may be, however in a couple of signings he's shown his capability in spotting young talent.

Rice - Undecided, probably yes due to the budget. Not a bad keeper but makes a few mistakes.
Tonge - No
Cruise - No
Downes - Yes, however his wages will take a hit.
Pearce - Same as above
MacDonald - Yes, a capable player at this level at a young age. Must move on from Saturday's incident and show maturity.
Ives - Yes, if he ever signs.
Harding - No, big bucks too.
Richards - 50/50, has potential.
Cameron - No
Ajala - Yes, he's one of our best players. Works his socks off.
Young - Yes
Chappell - Yes. Under rated, great ability
Parcell - 6 months. Broke his foot early on when showing good signs. Has done very well at Bideford I have read.
Chaney - Not seen enough of him, 6 months at most.
Briscoe - Yes, bags of ability just needs to do a Rene and shift a stone or two.
Benyon - No. Time to go, great in his first stint but poor since.
Yeoman - No. Lovely local lad, shows glimpses of a great finisher but has never established himself in the starting XI.
Bowman - Yes, not brilliant but has scored a few goals this year.
Ofori-Achaempong - No, showed good signs early on but is far too inconsistent.

I think Hargreaves will let a fair few go. Young could do with an experienced head to work with him in midfield and let him advance forward like he was at the beginning of the season. My suggestions will no doubt change at the end of the season, however I think all should get a chance over the coming months. I'm a big Liam Prynn fan, let him have a few of the dead rubber games in April.

I didn't include the non-contract players. Dawson looks like he could be good, same with Gueguen and Thompson. Would like to see Reid return to Torquay on a permanent basis if he proves he's a good goalscorer over the next month or two.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Chris Hargreaves: Not impressed but under contract. Got to start well.

Martin Rice: No No No - we must have a better keeper.

Dale Tonge: No - expensive and nothing special
Tom Cruise: No - Lightweight
Levi Ives : Maybe - not as a defender though, possible move into midfield
Aaron Downes: No - like him but time has caught up with him despite set piece qualities and it will be another year on his age.
Krystian Pearce: No - cant afford high wages. A shadow this season.
Gus Mcdonald: Yes - By far our best defender and is up for the battle.

Luke Young : Under contract . CH needs to utilise his attacking qualities.
Toby Ajala: Yes - cant believe someone called him lazy on this thread (opinions eh) . He works his socks off and has quality too. My player of the year so far.
Ben Harding: No - the new Alan Hay. Expensive liability.
Courtney Richards: Maybe: needs a lot of work but could be a handy squad player.
Courtney Cameron: Maybe - the lad has so much potential, needs to be in a footballing side though.
Jordan Chapell - Yes. Been underused in my opinion, with the manager giving him a run and boosting his confidence can be a match winner.
Louis Briscoe: Under contract. Must be used as a centre forward. Got to get fit over the summer.
Ryan Bowman: Under contract - could be a top striker if he improves on his finishing. Knows what to do and in a good team could be electric.
Duane afori-acheampong: Yes - has something, offers a good option. This is where coaches earn their corn!
Ashley Yeoman : No - sad to say if it hasnt happened yet it wont.
Elliot Benyon : No : if games were won for falling over and being offside he would be up there with Messi. Unfortunately they are not.
Tust member 191