Stop moaning!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

harbertongull wrote:There was a Gulls fan on Twitter today bemoaning our club and calling them amateurish to Lincoln's goalkeeper. What loyalty!!!! As I said to him do the club postpone24 hours before kick off just in case or leave it as late as decently possible?! They're damned if they do and damned if they don't!
Bizarre post. Let's get a grip, the match was postponed. If the match had gone ahead and numerous players broke their legs and we got players sent off for sliding tackles we would be blaming the club for allowing the match to go ahead. This is becoming a joke now, the club have no say in a match being postponed, other than Heath and safety.
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Everyone has got a grip but you don't seem to have one at all. Probably if you had travelled or lost a days wages you wouldn't be happy either.
Noone is actually bemoaning that the game was called off - its done us a favour, nearly everyone is agreed on that.
If it didn't rain all day yesterday then it must surely have been waterlogged in the morning. It couldn't have become waterlogged in the afternoon unless a) it rained heavily (it didn't) or b) someone has deliberately flooded one area of the pitch before Huxtable turned up.
The fact that the issue with the pitch wasn't brought to the attention of the travelling team is just completely bizarre.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Whilst I agree with the sentiment in the O/P yes constant moaning and groaning does drag people down after a while, however it has to be said I completely understand some of the moaning, to be fair we've had nothing to shout about as TUFC for along, long time now. Some of us have been doing the through thick and thin since 1980, some a heck of a lot longer, I never expected promotion this season, but did expect us to be competitive, and so far in the all important league programme we've been close to pathetic, and no where near good enough, for some of us the thick is beginning to wear, well, you know, a little bit thin.

Tuesday for many that I've never seen write anything remotely negative about the club was the straw that broke the camels back. Come on time for some honesty, we are in the middle of one of the driest winters in a long, long time, in fact this winter is set to be one of the sunniest since records began in 1929 apparently .https://metofficenews.wordpress.com/201 ... the-cards/

Who agreed for the game with Lincoln to be scheduled in the middle of the F.A Trophy semi-final for a start ? and how in the name of professionalism and competence was this game called off, really down to the weather, who's trying to kid who, there was some prolonged rain Sunday into Monday, but the ground would not of have saturated after all there's hardly been any rain for months, in fact nothing more than average rainfall all winter, which is something we've not seen in while.

If it really was the rainfall that rendered our pitch unplayable it should have been called off Monday, as there was no rain Tuesday, or were we waiting for the hosepipes to there worst, did it take a little longer than first thought.. :-/ , sadly TUFC reached all new levels of tinpot this week.
Formerly known as forevertufc
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Myself plus 2 others were 10 miles away from the Racecourse, Wrexham, ground last Sat. when we found out via Twitter that there was to be a pitch inspection at 13.30. Luckly the game was played, but the pitch was bloody awful. Puddles all over the place.

We didn't get our pants in a knot moaning about it. Unfortunately its a risk that you take, at this time of the year, when travelling to away games.

A while ago, 4 of us actually arrived and parked at Crewe only to find out that the game was off due to a frozen pitch. The same 4 got as far as the Telford turnoff before finding out that the FA cup game, against Stockport/Scunthorpe ? had been called off. It was the one that we ended up playing at Macclesfield when Benyon got a hat trick.

Because we didnt call Tuesdays game off until "late" is unfortunate, but could not be helped, IMHO.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Sunday, it rained ALL, and I mean ALL day. Monday there were some very heavy downpours of hail, sleet and rain.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The rain we had all day Sunday was nothing worse than drizzle for the most part, yes there was some heavy downpours no ones disputing that. However as said it fell on ground that was 'not' saturated , a professionally cared for football pitch should have been able to cope with worse than that.

And as you've rightly said, the worst of the weather was Sunday, and partly into Monday, so why wasn't this game called off Monday, and stopped the Lincoln team bus from leaving which no doubt TUFC will now have to pay for, exiled TUFC fans along with Lincoln fans who've travelled.

EDIT; as said, if Nickgull still posted on the site he'd back me up, saw him Sunday , told Nick the game would be off, it was so obvious it's untrue.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

diamondgirl wrote:The same 4 got as far as the Telford turnoff before finding out that the FA cup game, against Stockport/scunthorpe ? had been called off. It was the one that we ended up playing at Macclesfield when Benyon got a hat trick.
It was Stockport, such a fun match and so generous of their goalkeeper to have the worst 90 minutes of his life that day.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Diamondgirl,,,,

You've got your work cut out tonight gal!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Diamondgirl,,,,

Dave you did not moan it was a brilliant game we were playing in red I think. What can you say but I won't moan on this post. :keepie:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Diamondgirl,,,,

Dave you did not moan it was a brilliant game we were playing in red I think. What can you say but I won't moan on this post. :keepie:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Maybe Diamond Girl is still in the ground clapping and applauding the players....

Personally I walked out after the third goal.......along with the crowds......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

You most be lost for words tonight diamondbabe, x
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

stop moaning ? It's only just starting !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

I will not moan tonight.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arcadia wrote:I will not moan tonight.
Whatever you do in your own house Arcadia is totally private.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468