FA CUP

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

If I wanted to attend this draw, it had to be away & near London or I would not be able to go. Assuming the match is on the Saturday, I now can.......( I can't get to the Conference game on Easter Monday, so it'll be interesting...)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'll take that draw. Was touch and go whether I'd have been able to make it, and would have quite fancied the trip to some random, rickety non-league classic ground.

As it is, we get that in Aldershot but I've been there enough times to not be bothered by missing it. Hopefully a draw (or just a straight up win at their place) will do
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

As always a rubbish draw.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

forevertufc wrote:Agreed that's a stinker. message to the board, you MUST,MUST,MUST, release money for an overnight stop and give our team all the support and every chance possible of winning this game, to important to lose this one.
Think I have read somewhere that the cost of an overnight stay is £1,200 ? Could we not use the monies received from the TV appearance on Saturday, I believe that was £1,200, so it is a cost neutral transaction in the Board's cost cutting budget?
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

Maxiboy1 wrote:The FA Cup
Season 2014-15
Payments made from The FA's Prize Fund

Extra Preliminary Round winners (184) £1,500
Preliminary Round winners (160) £1,925
First Round Qualifying winners (116) £3,000
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £4,500
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £7,500
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £12,500
First Round Proper winners (40) £18,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £27,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £67,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners ( £180,000
Sixth Round Proper winners (4) £360,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

So we get 12.5 K if we win. But do we not also get a decent cut of gate receipt money too as it is an FA cup tie..... do we get 20 - 40 % of any gate receipts (even) for away game ? .... if so, that is why it is particularly important to have a bit of success in the cup, and go on a bit of a run !!!!
:scarf:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I think we should give them a large bowl of prunes. They would go on one hell of a run then :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Banging_Them_In wrote:

So we get 12.5 K if we win. But do we not also get a decent cut of gate receipt money too as it is an FA cup tie..... do we get 20 - 40 % of any gate receipts (even) for away game ? .... if so, that is why it is particularly important to have a bit of success in the cup, and go on a bit of a run !!!!
:scarf:
I think FA Cup gate receipts are split 50%/50%
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

PhilGull wrote: I think FA Cup gate receipts are split 50%/50%
I seem to remember the last time this came up it was 40/40 with the other 20 going to the (sweet) FA...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Are those figures cumulative, or do you get the payment for each round you get through (so if we get to the second round, do we only get the £18,000 or do we get £30,500 - £12,500 + £18,000)?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

happytorq wrote:Are those figures cumulative, or do you get the payment for each round you get through (so if we get to the second round, do we only get the £18,000 or do we get £30,500 - £12,500 + £18,000)?
You get awarded each rounds prize money. So it would be £30k.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Markh84 wrote:We have been drawn away to Aldershot in our 4th round qualifying tie.
AWFUL draw for us. Could not of been much worse. :@
Agreed. Could not have been much worse..
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Sunnysideup wrote:I seem to remember the last time this came up it was 40/40 with the other 20 going to the (sweet) FA...
Nope - in rounds prior to the 3rd round, gate recipts are split 50/50 between teams, although if there's a replay, the FA get 5% and the teams get 47.5% each

It's under section 22 in their rules: http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/pdf/ ... -2015.ashx
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Am actually looking forward to this. Not only because it's a local game for me, but we finally get to play Aldershot away on a saturday. I know we normally take good numbers on a cold tuesday night, so I hope the fans turn out for this one, we can make a great noise in the away end and hopefully end a few years of crap results in cup competitions.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
mike86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mike86 »

am keen to go see this game as is fairly local for me, I take it you can just buy tickets on the gate?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Now here's a thought. Luke Young will be missing in midfield next week and Bournemouth may choose not to agree to Josh Wakefield playing so that he wouldn't become cup-tied. So that leaves Ben Harding who, if the stories are to be believed, is a legend at Aldershot because he was a member of their side when they last escaped the Conference. So could the Football Fates conspire to make Harding United's hero next week? After all, if Hawley can score two against his former club, anything is possible ......