luke young

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

greenarmyftw wrote:Plymouth fan here.

I'm glad he's got a club, good guy BUT...

There are many of us Greens who weren't disapointed to see him go.

Perhaps the most inconsistent player I've ever seen, he's either great or woeful, no inbetween.

Unfortunately, Luke still has the same potential he had 2 or 3 years ago, he hasn't really improved at all, while our other youngsters have bulked up and matured, Luke is still an extremely physically weak player to be playing as a CM.

DO NOT PLAY HIM IN A 2 MAN MIDFIELD, unless you have a Gerrard to go next to him, it's a big no no, we tried it many times, and it failed many times. He worked best win situated just ahead of 2 out and out midfielders.

Granted, the lad is superb at Free kicks and can hit a long ranger but you have to question other aspects of his game. While his long range passing is incredible, the simple short ones he just can't do.

Hope he does well but don't get too overwhelmed, he's dropped to the conference because that's probably his level.

Much of the love from Argyle fans is simply because he's a Janner.

Sounds like we have got rid of Nathan Craig and got a very similar replacement! :|
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Already he's Nathan Craig and he hasn't kicked a fecking ball for us yet!

Plymouth fans aren't going to come on here congratulating us on getting a player Colchester were after!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Im not saying he is another Nathan Craig but from the Plymouth fans description Luke young does sound uncannily similar to what many said about Craig .

From other things written he does sound a good signing! Heres hoping he has a successful time with us. :)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

chunkygull wrote:Im not saying he is another Nathan Craig but from the Plymouth fans description Luke young does sound uncannily similar to what many said about Craig .

From other things written he does sound a good signing! Heres hoping he has a successful time with us. :)
But this isn't "many" Argyle fans saying this, it is one. Have a look at Pasoti, this chap's opinion is in a minority, a small one at that.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:Im not saying he is another Nathan Craig but from the Plymouth fans description Luke young does sound uncannily similar to what many said about Craig .

dont talk wet.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

chunkygull wrote:
Sounds like we have got rid of Nathan Craig and got a very similar replacement! :|

Basically don't play him alongside Conor Hourihane, I think Youngy is definitely one of those players who have to build your team around to get the best out of them; not unlike Alex Russell or Eunan O'Kane.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep, to repeat, pretty much all the Argyle fans I know personally, like Young as a player, all through out the season all I heard from them, is why wont Sheridan play Young, when he plays, we as in pafc looked a better team. Manager has a footballing philosophy and signs the best players he can to fit that philosophy, as pointed out above, build the team around him and he will not need to be strong and physical.

All signs point towards us playing a lot more football and a lot less hit and hope that we've seen for to long, I'm excited by this signing, hope there's more like this come, restored some of my lost confidence in the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

forevertufc wrote:Yep, to repeat, pretty much all the Argyle fans I know personally, like Young as a player, all through out the season all I heard from them, is why wont Sheridan play Young, when he plays, we as in pafc looked a better team. Manager has a footballing philosophy and signs the best players he can to fit that philosophy, as pointed out above, build the team around him and he will not need to be strong and physical.

All signs point towards us playing a lot more football and a lot less hit and hope that we've seen for to long, I'm excited by this signing, hope there's more like this come, restored some of my lost confidence in the club.
I would imagine that is why Sheridan didn't play him as often and has felt fit to release him, rather than footballing ability. Hopefully something we can benefit from.

I would be very happy if CH decided to build his team around one player this season. If we can attract a player with the ability to be outstanding who throws in the odd mistake, we should be building the team to allow them to express themselves and not needing to worry about losing the ball or attempting things not in their natural game. This is one of the reasons Ross Barkley has excelled at Everton this season as Martinez has allowed him to play his natural game.

On a separate note, can anyone update me on the situation regarding Bodin's contract status and injury? I know he was out of contract this summer but I haven't heard or seen anything about what's happened (probably somewhere on the forum but haven't seen it!). Despite his performances last season, and partly the season before, I believe in a team doing well and playing nice football, that Billy could be a real asset. There's definitely talent there, and the right situation can bring out the best in him. Sort of as mentioned above I suppose.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Sounds like a very good signing. An astute piece of business by CH.

Let's not underestimate the fact that by the sounds if it, he has refused to join clubs higher up the league pyramid than ourselves. He wants to be here and that's very important.

Welcome to Torquay Luke - May the force be with you :~D
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

What is brucie's opinion on this signing?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

wivelgull wrote:What is brucie's opinion on this signing?
Let me get this right. You want Brucie to say something, anything, so that you can agree with him? What is YOUR opinion in this signing? Or perhaps you don't have one as it doesn't affect Gilbert?
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Welcome Luke. Look forward to watching you play for "The YELLOW army"
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Here's my take on it:

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html

I think things are starting to build quite nicely...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

stevegull wrote:Here's my take on it:

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html

I think things are starting to build quite nicely...
Really enjoyed that Steve.

Bang on the money and very well written.

Well done Sir!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

"He is 21 years old, he won't be the finished article. We are conference club so any player we sign will have their weaknesses, but I would rather the player was a 21 year old who is only likely to.improve than a 33 year old journeyman"

Totally agree. Much rather have an ambitious "not the finished article" than some journeyman after the cash only. Well done CH
TUST MEMBER