Conference 14/15

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Always wanted to go to Princes Park and it's another local (ish) game for me to get too. At this rate we could be playing Hyde!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

[quote="Jeff"]Time to re-do the travelling distances. We'll be heading to Dartford rather than Salisbury now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27831582/ [quote]

Real pity that. A day out in Dartford or a day out in Salisbury? Difficult one that, South London craphole or beautiful cathedral city.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

That link didn't work for me so here's one to the Salisbury website giving details and saying they are looking at legal action against the decision.

Shame about this as it's probably my closest game and a good little ground to visit.

http://www.salisburycity-fc.co.uk
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

This kind of demonstrates what we have sunk to - a joke league with teams seemingly kicked out on an annual basis, so it seems to be rare that anyone who finishes say 4th from bottom, actually gets relegated, as there is usually another team who gets kicked out.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

A joke league ? Maybe its the way it should be and stop the insanity of clubs overspending. Clubs like Gargoyle and Pompey spending millions they haven't got and carrying on as if it does not matter !!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Agree with Dutch on this one. I have always felt that the way the Football League deal with clubs who vastly overspend, spend far more than they can afford and often achieve success off the back of it and in effect "cheat" their way there, should be punished far more severely than just being allowed to enter administration via a CVA and pay their non football related creditors an absolute pittance ... only to "suffer" a measly 10 point deduction is totally inadequate.

I do feel some sympathy for Hereford, who up until a few years ago were a model of a very well run club who regularly turned in a profit in the "Graham Turner years" .... less so for Salisbury though who seem to have become a bit of a serial abuser of the system in terms of their financial misdemeanours.

Personally, I have always been an advocate of immediate relegation for teams who enter administration, because in my opinion they have cheated .... so I guess I fall more in line with the Conference way of dealing with things than the Football League.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

CP Gull wrote:Agree with Dutch on this one. I have always felt that the way the Football League deal with clubs who vastly overspend, spend far more than they can afford and often achieve success off the back of it and in effect "cheat" their way there, should be punished far more severely than just being allowed to enter administration via a CVA and pay their non football related creditors an absolute pittance ... only to "suffer" a measly 10 point deduction is totally inadequate.

I do feel some sympathy for Hereford, who up until a few years ago were a model of a very well run club who regularly turned in a profit in the "Graham Turner years" .... less so for Salisbury though who seem to have become a bit of a serial abuser of the system in terms of their financial misdemeanours.

Personally, I have always been an advocate of immediate relegation for teams who enter administration, because in my opinion they have cheated .... so I guess I fall more in line with the Conference way of dealing with things than the Football League.
Absolutely, agree with both Dutch and CP.

They've set a very good hard-line precident that the Football League would do well to follow.

Obviously its a shame for supporters of Salisbury, but it sends a powerful message to clubs in this division.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Fixtures will be released on Monday 7th July "all being well"...
https://www.facebook.com/TheFootballCon ... 5247607010
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Seems like a bit of wait for the fixtures, assuming it's to do with Salisbury dropping out. Won't give the club much time to book up hotels etc (assuming we're not doing day trips to away games this year)
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=12799

Fixtures now released on Friday 4th July , plus 30 live matches on BT sport .
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

hector wrote:This kind of demonstrates what we have sunk to - a joke league with teams seemingly kicked out on an annual basis, so it seems to be rare that anyone who finishes say 4th from bottom, actually gets relegated, as there is usually another team who gets kicked out.
Completely agree Hector! You reap what you sow in this life. If only we hadn't sacked a manager who would have kept us up in the Football League ;-)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

stefano wrote: Completely agree Hector! You reap what you sow in this life. If only we hadn't sacked a manager who would have kept us up in the Football League ;-)
True enough - I still can't figure out why they got rid of Ling

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

markw wrote:http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=12799

Fixtures now released on Friday 4th July , plus 30 live matches on BT sport .
Will we be 1st live match on bt sport, but with 30 live matches over the season we will at least be live on TV 3+ hopefully. Reckon they will show us against rovers for sure over Xmas . As in our previous conference seasons, 1/3 of matches are played before December , so we must not allow a slow start we have to go out all firing, so on that basis we need 2 decent strikers signed
Lucy