Torquay United v Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

This is it, the final game of the season and our final one as a league club for how long? Who knows.

There is something sad about the end of the footy season but at least we've got the world cup to keep us busy during the summer.

It's been a tough old season for us all but let's get Cobblers down and then it's out with the old (hopefully) and in with the new!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Wycombe still has a very faint chance of avoiding relegation today, so they will be going all out to win. So this won't be an easy game, but it's one we should and must win, for two reasons.

First, as already mentioned, if we don't win we will finish bottom, and obviously we don't want to do that.

Secondly, I've a feeling that if either Northampton or Bristol Rovers were to go down instead of Wycombe, the competition against us in the Conference next season would be that little bit greater. The Conference isn't going to be easy, and we need to avoid anything which might add to our difficulties there.

And much as I like Wycombe as a club, for us to finish a miserable season with a run of wins will be something to savour, after which both we and Wycombe supporters can drown our sorrows together.

That's three reasons.. :-| :) :)
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Today I feel the saddest I've felt since relegation has been confirmed. Is it just me ?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

goodluckgull wrote:Today I feel the saddest I've felt since relegation has been confirmed. Is it just me ?
It's not me. I'm looking forward to a good win today, then the World Cup, pre-season friendlies, and a promotion challenge to get us back to the Football League next year.. :)
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Thanks "Gullscorer". I feel better already !
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

COYY one last win, hopefully making it 4 wins from the last 5 (up yours dagenham!)

Hopefully carry this momentum through into next season!

:scarf: :scarf:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Whatever happens today, win, lose or draw, I just hope players give it their all for the fans. Personally, I think we as supporters have given them the best support possible considering how bad of a season we have all endured.

Said it before, if Wycombe end up down with us, please don't run on the pitch and aggravate them. If wasn't nice having those so called "Mansfield fans" do it to us, I'd like to think we'd have a bit more class than them.

Let's get this season over with , enjoy the World Cup and let's look forward to next season and rebuild.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tktufc91 wrote:Whatever happens today, win, lose or draw, I just hope players give it their all for the fans. Personally, I think we as supporters have given them the best support possible considering how bad of a season we have all endured.

Said it before, if Wycombe end up down with us, please don't run on the pitch and aggravate them. If wasn't nice having those so called "Mansfield fans" do it to us, I'd like to think we'd have a bit more class than them.

Let's get this season over with , enjoy the World Cup and let's look forward to next season and rebuild.
:goodpost:

please no morons on the pitch!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

was planning to go today, but I can't be bothered now! enjoy it people!
The gulls are going up
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

[/quote]

:goodpost:

please no morons on the pitch![/quote]

No Morons on the pitch ? Does that includes our 11 players aswell :rofl:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

robbotufc wrote:
:goodpost: please no morons on the pitch![/quote]
No Morons on the pitch ? Does that includes our 11 players aswell :rofl:[/quote]

:red:
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Commentary goes off as Wycombe score.
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

Why are we wearing white??
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Did I see one of their players control the ball with his arm just before they scored?
Last edited by Oil Beef Hooked on 03 May 2014, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf: