Wycombe Crowd

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Wycombe Crowd

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Looking at
http://tu1.glitnirticketing.com/tuticke ... v_list.php
it shows about 800 away ticket sold so far and 1000 home, but both bought on the day (this includes season tickets) this is a big game for wycombe as they could still yet stay up. hopefully the sell out the away end and still come down as they have a small budget unlike bristol and northampton
Last edited by ethantufcbaker on 30 Apr 2014, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

It would be great if it was a big crowd in our end - would really be a signal of intent that we aren't going to be going away despite the relegation.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

yellowforever wrote:It would be great if it was a big crowd in our end - would really be a signal of intent that we aren't going to be going away despite the relegation.
:goodpost: I agree we need a good vocal crowd and not on the players backs as there is very little pressure except 24th or 23rd place finish
this might boost confidence next season and also help with the cost of relegation.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

It would be nice to end the season with a good home turnout. Assuming Wycombe sell over 1,000 tickets and the die-hard regulars show, that's around 3,000. I'm expecting the crowd to be around 3,000-3,500 mark. Considering this may be the best time to see us play as we are in some form.

I just hope should Wycombe go down, we don't have anyone doing what those "so called" Mansfield fans did by invading the pitch and taunting them. If we're both going down, let's go down together with a bit of gallows humour. We can console each other in B&L after the game.

I'll be there on the Pop, always try to be for the last home game, lets support the team and end the season with a win. Who knows, we may get lucky and find that some team will get points deducted and survive!!! (here's hoping). :lol:
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

im starting the campaign for this Saturday

Turn up for Thea!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tktufc91 wrote:It would be nice to end the season with a good home turnout. Assuming Wycombe sell over 1,000 tickets and the die-hard regulars show, that's around 3,000. I'm expecting the crowd to be around 3,000-3,500 mark. Considering this may be the best time to see us play as we are in some form.

I just hope should Wycombe go down, we don't have anyone doing what those "so called" Mansfield fans did by invading the pitch and taunting them. If we're both going down, let's go down together with a bit of gallows humour. We can console each other in B&L after the game.

I'll be there on the Pop, always try to be for the last home game, lets support the team and end the season with a win. Who knows, we may get lucky and find that some team will get points deducted and survive!!! (here's hoping). :lol:

please can no-one go on the pitch it's so embarrassing to watch all the little kn*bs think they're clever!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:im starting the campaign for this Saturday

Turn up for Thea!
Not only for that Roar but also for the fact that CH and the players have shown us that they want to win games of football these past few weeks and that is all I asked for. Ok so it came too late but they finally gave it a go and I think that if you can get down to Plainmoor to support the club,the players who might be staying, CH and Thea in particular then it could actually turn into a positive and a real turning point take into the summer and hopefully next season.

I don't think we have many fans who would taunt the Wycombe fans if they dropped, they only seem to turn up for the aggro games so I think we'll uphold our dignity on that score and so long as we go out to win the game as usual as professional sportsmen regardless then that's all we can ask. If Wycombe do stay up with a win and then THEIR fans run on to the pitch taunting US then you have my permission to get the knuckledusters out lads. :~D Or improvise like I found out to my cost when chased by a gang of chavs on a night out in Donny town centre when they whipped their belts off and started whacking me with them!! I hailed a taxi just in time. Scum. Sub human scum.

They seem an innocuous club unlike Mansfield who have a large element of uneducated feral youths amongst their ranks it would appear so I don't anticipate that would happen.

Get your arses down to Plainmoor for the send off, sing songs begging Pearcy to stay, support the lads and CH and get the feel good factor going again and show everyone that relegation is history and this game is the beginning of the future and not the end. Make some noise for Thea and get some banners up for her too.

I can't be there sadly but great credit to all who are going. COYY!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:
please can no-one go on the pitch it's so embarrassing to watch all the little kn*bs think they're clever!
This.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

perhaps someone could remind us how much the FA would fine us for a pitch invasion ? When money for budgets is at stake, this could be a consideration !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Although I've been pleased that we've won a few games recently I am not reading too much into winning a few games when the pressure was off and everybody knew we were down.

We couldn't do it though in the 'must win' pressure games (and there were quite a few of them - every one of them a missed opportunity).

There isn't any pressure on Saturday. Down is down. 23rd or 24th. Still down.

The next pressure will be right from game 1 of the 2014/2015 Conference season. Let's hope they can handle it.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Stefano
We couldn't do it though in the 'must win' pressure games (and there were quite a few of them - every one of them a missed opportunity).
While the large number of 'must win' games identified on this site has been a bit comical, on the other hand I think we mainly have to thank Brucie for coming up with a whole new definition of 'must win' which has added to the tension and excitement.

Under the old rules if you lost or drew a 'must win' game you couldn't have another..... and if you did, then it only went to prove that you'd incorrectly labelled a previous game 'must win' when it obviously wasn't.

Not sure what you make of Thea describing Hargreaves as the best thing since sliced bread Stefano ? , especially as it's rumoured that, off the record, by the end she viewed that talented Mr.Knill as more of a Ginger Nut :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

stefano wrote:Although I've been pleased that we've won a few games recently I am not reading too much into winning a few games when the pressure was off and everybody knew we were down.

There isn't any pressure on Saturday. Down is down. 23rd or 24th. Still down.

The next pressure will be right from game 1 of the 2014/2015 Conference season. Let's hope they can handle it.
I don't think I agree with this, but I'm not sure if you've got your (beautifully camouflaged) fishing rod out again, so I might just keep myself to myself for a bit...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have my ticket and will be hoping for a real attacking performance.

So disappointed this is not what I had hoped for a must win game and survival in the 90th minute!

If only we had beaten the Cobblers at Plainmoor it would be all to play for. Another win will give Chris Hargreaves good vibes and demonstrate that he will make it as a Manager.I have every faith in him.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

ferrarilover wrote: I don't think I agree with this, but I'm not sure if you've got your (beautifully camouflaged) fishing rod out again, so I might just keep myself to myself for a bit...

Matt.
Not sure I agree with it either .... but it's nice to put it out there and see what happens.

You never know in 12 months time somebody may still have it in their mind and be repeating it as fact! ;-)
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

ethantufcbaker wrote:Looking at
http://tu1.glitnirticketing.com/tuticke ... v_list.php
it shows about 800 away ticket sold so far and 1000 home, but both bought on the day (this includes season tickets) this is a big game for wycombe as they could still yet stay up. hopefully the sell out the away end and still come down as they have a small budget unlike bristol and northampton
Who cares? Bristol Rovers have had big budgets for years and done nothing with them. It's not how much money you have it's how you use it.