Tom cruise

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Tom cruise

Post by supergulls »

I've been telling you all season this kid is a player in the making, now please Nico hang those boots up !! Toms second half performance showed what he is capable off, just give him a run in the side and I'm sure it will be like us getting a new signing.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, Nicho has been great servant and will allways be seen as Tufc legend in my eyes, but time has caught with him. One surprise for me is Oastler he has been shocking all season and he kept his place.
Formerly known as forevertufc
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Yes Tom Cruise should keep his place. Nicho is a Plainmoor legend and no mistake but time may have caught up with him so give Tom a run now.
Oblivion!!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:Agreed, Nicho has been great servant and will allways be seen as Tufc legend in my eyes, but time has caught with him. One surprise for me is Oastler he has been shocking all season and he kept his place.
dont think hes the only one dave.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Without doubt he is and will always be a Torquay legend but now out now why we have more good memories than bad, the most annoying thing is it has took this long to drop him when anyone who knows a player would tell you cruisey was in much better form.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Thought he was alright second half but i dont think we can guage much from one 90 minute showing!! To me he looked a bit lightweight and i know oastler hasnt had the best of seasons, but to me he always looks like a player who will never duck out of a tackle wheras cruise looked a bit afraid!!

He's got a decent left foot though, swung in some decent corners anf free kicks second half but theres plenty of better full-backs out there in my opinion!!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

So are you saying he wasn't an improvement on Nicholson's recent performances ? Give this lad a chance he will come good, even if he is 50% better than Nico we are moving in the right direction at least we have freshened it up a bit. To many under performing regulars starting every week !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed Chris, there has been few out of sorts.

Si, it is not about what is out there in terms of full backs, it is about the "now", 9 games left we are out of time, putting free kicks and corners consistantly in the right area will lead to us scoring goals, and having a full back not getting caught out for pace will help, Cruise for now, if we stay up then a re-think can happen later.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Nico is my favourite Gull but keep Cruise in and let him get the experience and develop.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Sticking that shocking excuse for a full-back, ex-celtic lad we had (mo camera i think?) would have been an improvement on nicho at present!! Agree with ya though super, nicho has had his day now i think, great servent to us but time to find a replacement, just not sure cruise is it?

He's only a young lad though so still learning the trade and you can tell he's got the foundations of a decent player so maybe i'm being a bit harsh on the lad and he will come good! Just needs a decent spell in the side and hopefulky he can learn a lot from nicho whilst he's still here!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tufc si wrote:Sticking that shocking excuse for a full-back, ex-celtic lad we had (mo camera i think?) would have been an improvement on nicho at present!! Agree with ya though super, nicho has had his day now i think, great servent to us but time to find a replacement, just not sure cruise is it?He's only a young lad though so still learning the trade and you can tell he's got the foundations of a decent player so maybe i'm being a bit harsh on the lad and he will come good! Just needs a decent spell in the side and hopefulky he can learn a lot from nicho whilst he's still here!!

On the red bit, yes, your probaly not wrong. The blue bit as said in my first reply, there are only 9 games left, and I am sure it has not escaped your noticed, but as far as left back is concerned we have no one else, so if not Cruise, who?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I've had the pleasure to be the assistant when he has played in the reserves games, on his left side of course and he really can play. I've called for this move since December
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Yeah i can see what your saying mate, we have cruise or nicho to choose from and on nicho's current from, cruise leaves him dead in the water!! As i said though, i probably am being a bit overly critical given the fact cruise hasnt had much game time, i just want him to man up a bit!! He'll develop in time i'm sure.
pezzagull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by pezzagull »

I was very pleased to see that AK bit the bullet and gave Cruise his place last night. I am now dissapointed to find that today in the os match report they are suggesting that Cruise only played because of Nicho having a chest infection. I do not like the way that this is going ie Nicho automatically returning on Saturday!!
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Not too sure why people are saying he had a good game last night :-/

Was the gulls player commentator saying this or something, because it was plain to see watching the game that he was one of our worst players.

Some of his decision making was shocking, always out of position, and shit himself whenever he got the ball.

And the worst thing for me - no bottle to put himself into challenges and battle for the ball.
Looked completely out of his depth and just seemed like he didn't want o ruin his haircut all night