Who will be here next season in the NLS?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Will you be here next season?

Yes, always, TUFC 'til I die!
33%
If we're top of the league.
3%
If we're fighting for the play-offs.
4%
If we see the back of Owers.
3%
If we see the back of Osborne and Harrop.
4%
If we see the back of the whole bleedin' lot!
4%
I'll attend occasionally.
17%
If the prices drop dramatically.
4%
Only the big games.
3%
I will not be attending. I'm done.
24%

Total votes: 473

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Who will be here next season in the NLS?

Post by Colorado Gull »

Seeing as relegation is all but confirmed, I've noticed quite a few forum members saying that they will not be going to watch TUFC in the National League South. Some may be saying this out of emotion (I overheard Paul Bastard in 2007 saying that he wasn't going to go to games in the Conference, so don't say "farewell" to the faces that said they will never step foot into Plainmoor again, they may be there for the first game in August!).

Nevertheless, I'd be interested to see how many of our members will NOT be watching our beloved club next season and on what grounds.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

It might be a very interesting and exciting season in the NLS. Let's hope so. Hereford? Havant? Hampton? Bath? Maybe, even Truro. Just trying to be positive, despite a desperately disappointing season, especially at Plainmoor.
Briangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Briangull »

I'm a Torquay United Fan regardless of who the owner or manager or what league the club plays in. I think its ok to voice your displeasure of the direction of the club but at least for me supporting the club means more then the current plight it finds it self in.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

It’s likely to be away matches only for me. Certainly while freehold discussions are being kept away from the public domain as the recent Freedom of Information request uncovered.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Possibly need to select up too 3 of them options so I'm not going to vote as I can't say there is just one that fits
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Briangull wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 23:23 I'm a Torquay United Fan regardless of who the owner or manager or what league the club plays in. I think its ok to voice your displeasure of the direction of the club but at least for me supporting the club means more then the current plight it finds it self in.
Completely agree . I am still in !
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Quite right west Yorkshire gull. I will go if owers is gone, decent football returns and we are challenging at the top. In fact I could Probably tick all of those scenarios. Probably find that I travel to some (quite a few) away games as well.
But I suspect that, regrettably, the downward spiral will continue and my interest will dwindle further because the club has lost its soul.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

I honestly think that the crowds will be good if the team is doing well, regardless if we’re in the NL or NLS. Also, some of the away games look quite appealing! There could be some quite decent away followings next season, a bit like some good old FA Cup first round away days of old!!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Lets be honest here fellas, if, feck me it's a bloody big if, we are riding high at the top come end of august beginning September we will all drift back out of pure necessity to feed our inquisitive minds & to feed the Tufc fan within us.
But it's more than likely going to be more of the same shite with this sorry lot still in situ, so for me, I'll play it by ear & let the fickle fan within myself come to the fore.
Also price is an issue, price it right & they could be on to a winner, don't hold your breath though.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I've been a ST holder for years but I didn't renew for last season as I didn't like going. During this pre-season, I got sucked in by the buzz around new kits from Nike, new club badges, new youth system starting etc and re-purchased a ST. It's been a mistake. I haven't enjoyed my visits to Plainmoor, the football has been absolutely terrible and as I've said on here before, I won't renew my ticket for next season and will pick the odd game to go to. In truth, I'll probably only go 2-3 times at most. I've had enough.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The thing is , we've all had enough haven't we ?
So how do you get the TUFC bug out of your system ?
I couldn't make it today because of the Easter holidays ensuring I have to work a catchup shift to get back on track, anyhoo, there were 1500 + in attendance today, a miraculous figure if you consider the utter crap we've been fed from the board room, general managers office & the ' footballers', ha ha, that's a Feckin bad joke in its self.
But we still turn up regardless, why ? I need answers, or a plausible reason to keep going. Don't let the bastards grind you down, springs to mind but I have really, yes really, had enough, but if I quit who wins ? 1 more down, 1400 odd more to ' grind down ' .
I refuse to let them get the better of us, we've invested to much time & emotion over the years to let a dyed in the wool couple of crap charlatans get the better of us.
I wouldn't mind if their deception wasn't so feckin obvious, & their past history wasn't so evident for all to see, they are playing the slow painful death scenario & so many of us are STILL being sucked in.
As I said, I've had enough, we've all had enough, but we ain't going amnywhere soon, 1500 hardy soles proved that to me today.
DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN, & yes, as some poor old sole mentioned before, " it's the hope that kills you " wise old fecker.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

1500 there today but a number of those, like myself, were ST holders and there probably because they've already paid, so "why not?".

I may be alone but looking at the poll at the start of this thread 20% are saying they won't be back so that's 300 of todays crowd gone and 18% will only attend occasionally (another 270). Roughly speaking, that's a potential 570 off the crowd at games next season.

Obviously not every supporter has voted but it's a sign of how people genuinely feel.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Of that 1500 today over 100 were Halifax fans- however that's a story in itself perhaps. It's far more than would be expected given the distance involved and their troubled years over the past decade+. It suggests to me anyway that once a fan many probably do remain perversely loyal until the day they die.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Burnhamgull wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 21:41 1500 there today but a number of those, like myself, were ST holders and there probably because they've already paid, so "why not?".

I may be alone but looking at the poll at the start of this thread 20% are saying they won't be back so that's 300 of todays crowd gone and 18% will only attend occasionally (another 270). Roughly speaking, that's a potential 570 off the crowd at games next season.

Obviously not every supporter has voted but it's a sign of how people genuinely feel.
But what it doesn't tell you is how many of those who voted "attend occasionally" only do the same this season.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Jerry wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 22:36 But what it doesn't tell you is how many of those who voted "attend occasionally" only do the same this season.
Exactly jerry. I selected attend occasionally which is what I've been doing since we were relegated back into the conference under hargreaves.