Charity Cycle Ride

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Charity Cycle Ride

Post by NorfolkGull »

Hello fellow gulls fans,

September last year, my Dad sadly lost his battle with cancer. He grew up in Paignton and was a lifetime Torquay United fan and brought me up following the gulls as well! He moved to Norwich and that's where he stayed until he passed. We managed to go to a fair few away games each season and made it down to Plainmoor last year for the great escape.

Because of our association with both Torquay and Norwich I wanted to do something to raise money for a local cancer charity here in Norfolk and felt a charity bike ride would work.

So, in just over a week, 5 friends and I will be cycling from Norwich down to Torquay over 5 days. Any donations from the yellow army would be absolutely fantastic. Here is the link to the justgiving page - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/norwich-torquay

Thanks a lot for reading and again, any donations would be incredible!

COYY

Tom
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Sorry to hear about your Dad Norfolkgull. I think most of us at some point have been affected by this horrible disease amongst our families and friends and i think it's great that you are doing the bike ride. Hope you can raise as much as possible and best of luck with the ride!

Are you riding from Carrow Road to Plainmoor or just Norwich to Torquay in general? Be good if you could get the respective clubs involved for some extra publicity.

I know of a few York fans who cycled from Bootham Crescent to Northampton for an away game a few seasons back at Sixfields which i was at and they came onto the pitch just before kick off on their bikes and got loads more funds raised.