Torquayunited v FC Halifax 14/4/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquayunited v FC Halifax 14/4/18

Post by lucy6lucy »

90 minutes from possibly being officially confirmed as the first former league club to play in Conf south, that's some achievement. Well done Geoff and company. Only a win against a team playing there 4th match in a week will guarantee our execution for a further few days. Personally I hope the so called professional footballers we employ finish the job and get us relegated on Saturday,as I'm sick of the hope and despair. They can then get clapped off , grab a quick shower and watch the national in the gulls nest with a pint of well deserved lager
Lucy
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I think you can remove the word 'possibly' Lucy. It's over. Like you say, they won't give a flying f*ck about the feelings of us fans, the ones who have travelled the length and breadth of this country supporting them come rain or shine at great expense. But no, f*ck them... I hope those at are left at the end of the game on Saturday just shuffle off home in silence and don't even give the 'players' (sic) a second glance as they leave Plainmoor for possibly the last time...

....but every cloud has a silver lining... think of all the money us (remaining) supporters will save next season when we only have to make trips to the likes of Concord Rangers, East Thurrock United et al.... it's going to be an eye-opener for many and we must doff our caps and thank the likes of Harrop, Osborne, Owers, Kuhl and the shambles of the so-called 'team' (sic) of 'professional' (sic) 'footballers' (sic) for the delights that are about to unfold next season.

You've done us all proud. (insert 'sarcasmismymiddlename' thingy).

Note: To those players who read this and who know they've given 100% every game in a Torquay United shirt, the above does not apply.... sadly, you're in a very small minority.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Note: Don't forget the club will save money next season in National South as the players' shirts don't have their names on the back!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 19:49 They can then get clapped off , grab a quick shower and watch the national in the gulls nest with a pint of well deserved lager
Don' forget to queue up for your silver salvers either lads :whistle:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

United62 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 20:16 I think you can remove the word 'possibly' Lucy. It's over. Like you say, they won't give a flying f*ck about the feelings of us fans, the ones who have travelled the length and breadth of this country supporting them come rain or shine at great expense. But no, f*ck them... I hope those at are left at the end of the game on Saturday just shuffle off home in silence and don't even give the 'players' (sic) a second glance as they leave Plainmoor for possibly the last time...

....but every cloud has a silver lining... think of all the money us (remaining) supporters will save next season when we only have to make trips to the likes of Concord Rangers, East Thurrock United et al.... it's going to be an eye-opener for many and we must doff our caps and thank the likes of Harrop, Osborne, Owers, Kuhl and the shambles of the so-called 'team' (sic) of 'professional' (sic) 'footballers' (sic) for the delights that are about to unfold next season.

You've done us all proud. (insert 'sarcasmismymiddlename' thingy).

Note: To those players who read this and who know they've given 100% every game in a Torquay United shirt, the above does not apply.... sadly, you're in a very small minority.
I only Said possibly, because if we win on Saturday we're can't be mathematically relegated, it will just delay the inevitable.
Lucy
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I think we will draw which will consign us to relegation. I am only glad I shall not be there to see it - I have a study commitment in Bristol. I shall be at the final two home games though - my last two games as a United supporter.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Congratulations osborne and Harrop.
As bad as it is , what makes me feel even worse is that myself and many other gulls fans pay money to travel up and down the country in time which is really valuable and limited
While them two clowns can't even be arsed to address the fans , talk to the fans , have kind of forum or even a interview on video. Don't forget this is their workplace.

Shows what they think of the fans.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Three home games to go will Mr.Osborne grace us with his presence for the first time this season-does he have the balls?
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

The one silver lining if relegation is confirmed next game: the last couple of home games can be spent in full protest mode against the ownership without the worries we had last year of 'affecting the relegation fight.'
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Phil - I'm disappointed to hear you say that.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

torregull wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 09:15 Three home games to go will Mr.Osborne grace us with his presence for the first time this season-does he have the balls?
Does he even know where the f*cking ground is!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

United62 wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 10:54 Does he even know where the f*cking ground is!
He knows where the new ground will never be built............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Relegation = Smaller ground required = Plainmoor sold= shite tiny stadium (If were lucky) = promotion back impossible

Crowds of circa 1,000 will only prove to these morons in charge that we need a small stadium. They have ZERO interest in us as a club, just a cash cow before abandoning us to regional football for ever.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Does he even know where the f*cking ground is!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot bloody on.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Forest gull wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 12:16 Does he even know where the f*cking ground is!
[/quote]

Spot bloody on.
[/quote]

He won't know where ground is but he know how many houses could be built on it