Dover v Torquay Utd. SAT 7TH APRIL. ko.3PM

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Dover v Torquay Utd. SAT 7TH APRIL. ko.3PM

Post by Glostergull »

So, I Say a possible point today but I think we will lose this one. 1-2. my prediction stands.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Barrow Vs Orient
Dagenham Vs Woking
Solihull Vs Hartlepool
Dover Vs Torquay

This weekend could be so good for us if we win or even a draw may be good enough if results go our way.

Bet of hope, team will have high confidence going into this game.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

These next 2 games we need 4 points at least!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Let’s beat Ben and get 3 points off him.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

there couldn't be a more important game in our 6 game run in. Solihull play Hartlepool away, and barrow play away at orient. I expect both Solihull and barrow to drop points, so a win at Dover would somehow make me and other doubters start believing we can stay up. This is a golden opportunity. Owers has a massive decision regarding formation.
Lucy
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

It has been said that when we win the opposition has been very poor. This is probably the most unwinnable game in our run in and given we can afford one loss it might as well be this one.
I know where Lucy is coming from, but i don't think it is even possible we can win this, so draw would be a very good result.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I think we are capable of winning this. The front three of Romain, Williams and Healey is a top 10 strike force in this division, so we just have to keep attacking. Defensively, having Gowling available is also important. I agree it is a tough fixture but we may as well go for the jugular!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

The best we can hope for is a lucky draw IMHO.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Need to win. Not only to keep momentum going, but to put pressure on the teams above too.
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

Something Ive noticed in recent weeks is our fast paced start to games. In our last two matches we've taken he lead early on, and if we can start the match with a real impetus then that could be key to getting some kind of result this weekend. We're the form team at the moment, alongside Macc, and theres no reason why we can't travel to Dover in search of another win. Yes its going to be extremely difficult, but like MidlandGull said - we've got some real threat up front who can do some damage. My only real concern is McGinty and Balatoni. Yes Gints was a real rock on Mon, but his lack of composure sometimes left us on the back foot. Also Conrad's apparent lack of pace needs to be looked at in training as Dover will look at Marsh-Brown to exploit him. Thankfully Gowling adds that needed experience and also Dorel has been one of the few stand out performers this season. Lets just keep taking each game as it comes and hopefully we can see us pull of another Great Escape. COYY
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Did I think we'd win at Orient..... No.

Did I think we'd win at Chester.... No.

Do I think we'll win at Crabble..... No.

Hopefully, 3 out of 3 wrong.

Let's not get too carried away though. We are still deep in the shit right now and it is going to take a lot of results go our way over the final games of this horrendous season. Miracles happen. But can they happen 3 seasons in a row? ...... Answers on a postcard.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

GoodringtonGull wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 12:31 We're the form team at the moment, alongside Macc, and theres no reason why we can't travel to Dover in search of another win. Yes its going to be extremely difficult.......
Yes it's going to be difficult, but why not?

Playing away ~ even at home against many sides in this league ~ is always difficult; but that's what National League football presents. We've been to Dover three times in three seasons and got a 2-2 draw, a 5-1 hiding and a 2-1 win last season; so why not indeed?

It's a horrible sloping place to go; and quite a harsh environment up there on the hillside; Chris Kinnear sides play with no airs or graces and we'll know we're in a game against a strange mix of full-time and part-time professionals as the home club carry on the spectacular development they've made since being in the Isthmian League second tier (Div 1) and facing possible closure when Jim Parmenter went in as chairman putting the club on a firm financial footing for the first time in many years.

Eventually hauling them out of their lowest ever standing with Andy Hessenhaler as manager in 2007-08 and then upwards and into the Conference South after a second successive promotion the year after and eventually to the current placing in 2013-14.

They've been in the play-offs before and aim to be there this year; they are still a work in progress and are gradually, slowly but surely; working their way upwards.....it will be far from comfortable on Saturday and far from easy, requiring great character and determination to succeed; but at last we are a team in as Owers and Kuhl have at last got a formula that is working.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 07:03 It has been said that when we win the opposition has been very poor. This is probably the most unwinnable game in our run in and given we can afford one loss it might as well be this one.
I know where Lucy is coming from, but i don't think it is even possible we can win this, so draw would be a very good result.
If I’m honest, I’d say the least winnable game is Flyde, I’d day they’re stronger then Dover.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 13:58 If I’m honest, I’d say the least winnable game is Flyde, I’d day they’re stronger then Dover.
I wouldn't disagree about flyde being the better side, but I was thinking along the lines of us being away to dover and home to flyde..
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I think we need to go for wins against both Dover & Flyde and hope we win one. (then win our last four games too).