Easter Monday, Torquay v Woking, 2/4/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Easter Monday, Torquay v Woking, 2/4/18

Post by Louis »

Weather permitting can we snatch all 3 points? Thought I'd set this topic up to save it being discussed on today's Chester match topic.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Chris will have to work his magic on the pitch I think with the forecast for the next 48hrs. Should it go ahead, we've got to go for it, watched some of Woking today on TV and the late goal for Macclesfield must have crushed an already vulnerable looking team.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

How the feckin hell are we supposed to have any idea what this infuriating bunch of tattooed tossers representing TUFC are going to come up with next ?
Come on , really, I haven't a Scooby doo but I'll go .....
TUFC (1) 4 Heally, Romain 2, Reid.
WFC (1) 2
Attendance: weather permitting, 2525.
A bit far fetched I know, but this lot at this precise time are just about capable of anything.
Anyway we'll see.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We really must try and get this game on this week, if its off it only leaves 17th April and means 5 home
games in 18 days (after Dover away) with a trip to Hartlepool in between.
As someone else said if results go our way on monday and we can win we still have a slight chance
Healey sounds a quality striker, I believe he was injured until recently, otherwise had Neil Warnock
offered him a couple of months ago it could have been the difference between relegation and
staying up
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

As Hartlepool have pulled themselves out of it, regarding us catching them. It only leaves barrow and Woking, so only a win against woking will do. Every game is must win, but this is more of a must win
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Don't discount Maidstone.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Solihull?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

The more you look at the table the more Monday is a must win. Woking with a game more played are 10 points ahead and possibly 6 points from a safety ish if we beat them and win our game in hand we are 4 points from them.

It all sounds so impossible but glimmer of hope is what I'm hanging onto
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Win on Monday, will boost our confidence and momentum.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Have Torquay got rain covers? With our current form and to keep the momentum going we need this to be on!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Pretty sure the club don't have rain covers, I believe they don't even have a full set of frost covers, only partial covers for the flanks. Looking at the current forecast that shows rain anywhere between (100%-70% chance ) from 1AM right through to 10 pm, coupled with recent weather around these parts, I would say, the grounds man has a real job on here.
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

With that rain coming Chris Ralph will need a boat to get round the pitch.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If this gets called off, the only feasible date is Tuesday 17th April. Our last 6 games will be 5 at home and 3 on a Tuesday night, we like Tuesday nights under the lights
Lucy
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

desperado wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 20:03 Healey sounds a quality striker, I believe he was injured until recently, otherwise had Neil Warnock
offered him a couple of months ago it could have been the difference between relegation and
staying up
Warnock rates Healey very highly, Apparently he has been unlucky with injuries this season,but been fit for a couple of months but Warnock was reluctant to let him leave in the transfer window, needed some coverage for Cardiff's own injuries concerns. Cardiff now have a full squad available so Warnock called Owers and offered his services, Get some game time. Warnock still has a reall affection for Torquay after his short spell here in charge way back and will always try and help when he can. They were talking about it on the Mellow Yellow podcast last week. Could he be the difference and help us achieve the impossible!!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I'm down in the bay and the weather seems fine at the moment, though the forecast looking grim from tonight onwards. We need this game to be on really, the fixture build up will be too much otherwise.

Healey, Williams and Romain were really good v Chester, more of the same please! COYY