Chester v Torquay United, 3pm, Good Friday, 30/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 19:27
Thought owers could have come over and gave us a wave at the end. Bit poor
The managers job is to produce a winning team. As long as they do that I don't give a feck what they do at the end of the match.
When I go to football I pay to see a competitive team play, not to have the bloody staff come and wave at me, it is unimportant.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Fair enough but for fans who pay a lot of money to travel many hours and pay the admission fee and on many occasions this season leave the match feeling like utter mugs . I think a little effort just to acknowledge our effort would be nice

Your obviously in a comfortable position in life where the time and expense is a given and not have to work bloody hard for it.

Must be nice
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 21:08 The managers job is to produce a winning team. As long as they do that I don't give a feck what they do at the end of the match.
When I go to football I pay to see a competitive team play, not to have the bloody staff come and wave at me, it is unimportant.
Owers did clap us west Yorkshire, but from the middle of the pitch. TBH, it was the players appreciation that was more important. I agree, with plainmoor78, in that we pay our money for results not clapping, but today for instance they put a shift in and deserved the credit they received
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I didn't see owers clapping from a distance. Though I was busy clapping the players. I'm not moaning about paying too see owers clap us , I do pay my bit to support my club.

Just think it wouldn't have taken that much to just come over. Win , lose or draw !!!!

Maybe I'm different because I know would always appreciate the fans effort
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Romain is an absolute trojan and I’d love to see him here next season but I do think he is a cut above conference south level. He is a better Keating and Reid rolled into one, has everything - runs his socks off, battles well for everything, his hold up play is excellent, and for his size he isn’t bad in the air either, as demonstrated today!

I thought Youngy deserves some credit too. He’s come in for a bit of stick recently but I thought today he did everything a centre mid should do. His little lad was running around in front of us as well, future Gulls starlet I reckon!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Let's be honest, Owers is dammed if he does & dammned if he doesn't isn't he.
So credit where credits due today at least from me.
He's paid to put a winning team on the pitch game by game, exactly what he's achieved today.
So I don't give a monkey's if he waves, farts, claps or gives us the middle finger if the team keeps getting results.
Let's not give him a hard time for something that's not in the slightest bit important as far as our season to date is concerned.
The time for castigating is fast approaching , let's enjoy this win for what it sounded like, a dominant one, at last.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Yep the win in sure will give fans in all situations a little bit of happiness.

Rightly so

It not so important actually I withdraw my previous statement
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I actually think it is important for a manager of a club to come over and acknowledge the travelling fans win, lose or draw. It's not relevant at all to the outcome of the match obviously but it shows some class IMO.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 22:26 Yep the win in sure will give fans in all situations a little bit of happiness.

Rightly so

It not so important actually I withdraw my previous statement
Good on you westy, let's keep our eyes on the prize.
Like I said there will be a time & a place. :goodpost:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Sure owers was caught in the moment after a great win for our club and fans
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 22:36 I actually think it is important for a manager of a club to come over and acknowledge the travelling fans win, lose or draw. It's not relevant at all to the outcome of the match obviously but it shows some class IMO.
So it's alright to have a ' classy , rather appreciative polite manager ', but a pile of shite masquerading as a professional football team on the field, is that ok ?
Let's get our priorities right at least until it's over officially.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

The two things are separate issues. We're talking about whether football managers (Owers in this instance) have a moral obligation to come over and applaud the fans for attending an away game. The whereabouts of the club in the league table is irrelevant.

I happen to think as a key representative of the football club and from a professional viewpoint, the manager should indeed come over and acknowledge the away support. From a personal viewpoint, it shows that the manager appreciates the away support and thus gives an indication of the type of bloke the manager is. It's a nice touch and helps build the relationship between them and the fans further.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Yorkieandy, I take your point.
But I feel in Owers case, there is quite a different mindset with him just now, that result today was, at the very least, an absolute must. The relief within him must've been phenomenal & the 90 + mins must've been quite stressful for him to bare I would've thought. So IMO until it's mathematically impossible for us, let's just give him a break & get behind him.
Did the players come over & show their appreciation ?
Last edited by Teigngull on 30 Mar 2018, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Fair point Teigngull.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

The players did