New signing Rhys Healey

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

New signing Rhys Healey

Post by Hammdog2601 »

https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-s ... diff-city/ Another striker, it’s age to say it’s a good bye to Keating. Don’t think he’ll be on the bench again.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Yes I agree it's probably the end of Keatings stay .
For me he gave everything effort wise but for some reason or another never quite cut the mustard, always seemed to be half a second away from making an impact.
Oh well onwards & upwards .
Also nice to see the Warnock connection come to fruition it's all about having the right contacts , contacts, contacts, =D
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Good signing. He has league experience, including scoring in the championship. Hopefully he will get game time!
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LankyGull »

You’re right about Keating Teigngull, he would always give you 110% but just lacked that knack of being in the right place at the right time or he’d miss when it’s easier to score. Either way I don’t think we’ll be seeing him for the rest of this season or after the summer.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Saying that, I’d rather have Keating on the bench over Reid. Although it just won’t happen.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Seems a very decent signing - still on Cardiffs books at 23 so they still rate him and scored at a decent rate at a higher level last season. I assume this is Warnock doing some favours.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

LankyGull wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 17:12 You’re right about Keating Teigngull, he would always give you 110% but just lacked that knack of being in the right place at the right time or he’d miss when it’s easier to score. Either way I don’t think we’ll be seeing him for the rest of this season or after the summer.
Rumour has it that Keating signed a two year deal last summer.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Personally, I see this as meaning Pittman won’t get a place on the bench.

Good luck to the lad. He has had injury problems and the need for game time suits both Cardiff and us. It feels as though, quality wise, our striking roster is at last complete.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Rjc70 wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 18:37 Personally, I see this as meaning Pittman won’t get a place on the bench.

Good luck to the lad. He has had injury problems and the need for game time suits both Cardiff and us. It feels as though, quality wise, our striking roster is at last complete.
Pittman, Reid, Keating, even Gray & Fallon were employed by this football club in good faith to provide the first team with goals on a fairly regular basis, they have failed miserably on this count so in hindsight not one of them can bemoan the fact they're not or weren't utilised on a regular basis anymore.
Or goals for at this present time is .....
37 games played 33 goals scored = 0.89 goals per game
We've castigated McGinty, Sokolik, Gowling , Efete, Davis etc for stupid basic errors on a regular basis ...
37 games played 61 goals conceded = 1.64 goals per game
On this basis through out this season were nigh on 1 down before we start games, no wonder the defence is under pressure straight from the KO with no hope of help from the strikers.
Good luck Rhys & welcome.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Interesting that, as I understand it, Warnock suggested the move. Attack is the best form of defence.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

What we never see or are party to are how hard those players work when they are left out.......

For instance there a few so called strikers in the club who's returns have been dismal this season, and I wonder how any of them volunteer to put in extra time after training practising shooting, heading; playing off the shoulder and running into channels.

When I see players such as Reid, Pittman, Keating and Gray (when he was here) come into the side I look for evidence of this and to be honest it's been conspicuous by it's absence his season.

I've been told by coaches how frustrating this can be when they put their time and effort into trying to help and improve these lads and they'd sooner clear off after training without putting that effort in or going those extra miles. Perhaps that's why we are taking another striker in at this stage of the season and certain fringe players are dropping further and further out of the picture.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Looks like goodbye Pittman, Keating and Reid. None of them are what's needed.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

nickbrod wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 21:12 Looks like goodbye Pittman, Keating and Reid. None of them are what's needed.
Next season starts NOW, get in early & secure your first choices, but also clear out the dead wood as well, including the sicknotes no longer fit for purpose even if they do have a 2 yr contract under wraps, everybody has a price to go !
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Who's is he? He's Owers.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Keating and Reid both on contracts until summer 2019. Feel sorry that Keating not had a chance with Williams as they worked very well together at end of last season, but Rhys looks a good signing.