Paul Pogba

General chat about anything else goes here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Paul Pogba

Post by Yorkieandy »

Sums up everything that is wrong with many of today's modern footballer.

Money coming out of his arse, obssessed with self image and his hair and has no spine whatsoever and tbh doesn't need to. Clubs will still chuck money at these fairies.

He's absolute shite. Produces nothing and i'm not having that Mourinho plays him in a more reserved position either. No excuse for being consistently crud week in week out for months and months.

Do what you are paid for Pogba or piss off and focus on your clothing business.

Fashion is your passion, not football so do football a favour and retire.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

This aged well.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
JackyB gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Jean-yves Koue Niate

Post by JackyB gull »

He's off to Madrid
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Who gives a feck where he's off to, could be Timbuktu for all I care.
He's a typical ' football fairy ' - over paid, over here, over rated & self obsessed.
He isn't fit to lace the boots of hard working industrious players such as our Asa or even Saikou in fact every one of our squad that finished up as champions.
Players such as this need bombing out of the game & talented English ( or British if you like ) youngsters given a chance to shine, we've proved we have the talent by winning world cups with the juniors, you don't win these competitions if your crap, and more than likely most of these lads will end up having a pro career in the lower echelons of the EFL.
It's the 'English' way, it seems, why are top flight clubs frightened to persevere with young local talent ?
The likes of Kane, Trippier, Foden, Pickford are proven success stories at the top level & still the clubs are willing to waste good money on the next foreign superstar, who invariably flop !!, instead of using the money wisely in producing their own ' next superstars '.
You would've thought they'd cottonseed on to it by now, wouldn't you ?
JackyB gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Jean-yves Koue Niate

Post by JackyB gull »

Teigngull wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 07:40 Who gives a feck where he's off to, could be Timbuktu for all I care.
He's a typical ' football fairy ' - over paid, over here, over rated & self obsessed.
He isn't fit to lace the boots of hard working industrious players such as our Asa or even Saikou in fact every one of our squad that finished up as champions.
Players such as this need bombing out of the game & talented English ( or British if you like ) youngsters given a chance to shine, we've proved we have the talent by winning world cups with the juniors, you don't win these competitions if your crap, and more than likely most of these lads will end up having a pro career in the lower echelons of the EFL.
It's the 'English' way, it seems, why are top flight clubs frightened to persevere with young local talent ?
The likes of Kane, Trippier, Foden, Pickford are proven success stories at the top level & still the clubs are willing to waste good money on the next foreign superstar, who invariably flop !!, instead of using the money wisely in producing their own ' next superstars '.
You would've thought they'd cottonseed on to it by now, wouldn't you ?
Hudson-odoi is a good example
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

The rules don't help. Thanks to the stupid 'home-grown' rule Pogba qualifies as home-grown in the squad list because he was at ManU as a kid. Likewise with Cesc Fàbregas, Chelsea signed him from Barcelona but he counted towards their home-grown talent because of his time at Arsenal.
As far as I'm concerned they should scrap the 25 man squad rule and the home grown rule. Limit each club to a maximum of 5 loan transfers (in, out or a mix) - this will naturally keep squad sizes down. And say that every match day squad of 18 must include a minimum of three (to start with) players eligible for England (or whichever nation the team is playing in) - I would then ramp it up each season until every match day squad is at least half full of players eligible for England.
This would help the national team, help young players, help smaller clubs and bring the fans closer to the players if there were more local lads. And teams would still be able to go out and buy the big foreign names,
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

PhilGull wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 11:58 The rules don't help. Thanks to the stupid 'home-grown' rule Pogba qualifies as home-grown in the squad list because he was at ManU as a kid. Likewise with Cesc Fàbregas, Chelsea signed him from Barcelona but he counted towards their home-grown talent because of his time at Arsenal.
As far as I'm concerned they should scrap the 25 man squad rule and the home grown rule. Limit each club to a maximum of 5 loan transfers (in, out or a mix) - this will naturally keep squad sizes down. And say that every match day squad of 18 must include a minimum of three (to start with) players eligible for England (or whichever nation the team is playing in) - I would then ramp it up each season until every match day squad is at least half full of players eligible for England.
This would help the national team, help young players, help smaller clubs and bring the fans closer to the players if there were more local lads. And teams would still be able to go out and buy the big foreign names,
I like that idea, household be president of fit a :goodpost: :lol: