Leyton Orient v Torquay United 13/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Leyton Orient v Torquay United 13/3/18

Post by lucy6lucy »

This team has astonishing similarities with Laurel and Hardy and throw in Faulty Towers for good measure. Blame the management, blame the players, blame whoever is in control of the club. We are a cancer of a club. We could just simply copy and paste most pre/post match comments. So to avoid that, I congratulate Leyton orient with there 3 points on Tuesday.
Lucy
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

This will probably be the last time ever that we play a club of such seniority and status.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Guess what - Orient haven't won at home in their last 6 ( 5 league 1 trophy )
Wonder who is going to win this one?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Remember a 1-1 draw with them in 1969 or 70. Lazarus scored for them , dont think there will be any
rising from the dead for us though
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Another negative, clueless, spineless, talentless, initiativeless and emotionless performance in store from the boys in yellow.

Boys I said. See what I did there?

Another defeat. Another week of paying Owers for bringing the club ever closer to regional football and another waste of an afternoon for any Gulls making the trip.

I say waste of an afternoon however Michel Thomas of the TUST is holding a meeting open to all, not just TUST members, before the game.

See my post on the TUST updates thread. So not entirely a waste of a day.

Get along if you can!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 19:16 Remember a 1-1 draw with them in 1969 or 70. Lazarus scored for them , dont think there will be any rising from the dead for us though
One of the all time East End (Stepney) sporting heroes!

Two of Mark Lazarus' brothers were boxers, one of whom, Lew Lazar, fought for the British title at Welterweight and Middleweight. He initially followed his brothers into boxing, having fought a few amateur fights and I remember him leaping over the wall and knocking seven bells out of a gobby QPR fan at Brisbane Road once......funny that as he had previously been a Rangers player.

He played in the same Saturday team as Jimmy Greaves as a kid; the family having moved out to Chadwell Heath where he claimed he encountered anti-Semitism for the first time in his life. In 1953 when he was 15 years old he joined Wingate Football Club over in Finchley , which was all Jewish of course and remains a sporting icon there occasionally visiting at the grand old age of 79.

His nephew is former Leyton Orient footballer Bobby Fisher
Last edited by merse btpir on 11 Mar 2018, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:28 Another negative, clueless, spineless, talentless, initiativeless and emotionless performance in store from the boys in yellow.

Boys I said. See what I did there?

Another defeat. Another week of paying Owers for bringing the club ever closer to regional football and another waste of an afternoon for any Gulls making the trip.

I say waste of an afternoon however Michel Thomas of the TUST is holding a meeting open to all, not just TUST members, before the game.

See my post on the TUST updates thread. So not entirely a waste of a day.

Get along if you can!
It’s a night match Andy
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

merse btpir wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:37 He played in the same Saturday team as Jimmy Greaves as a kid; the family having moved out to Chadwell Heath where he claimed he encountered anti-Semitism for the first time in his life. In 1953 when he was 15 years old he joined Wingate Football Club over in Finchley , which was all Jewish of course and remains a sporting icon there occasionally visiting at the grand old age of 79.
Leyton Oreint are very proud of the relationship between the O’s and the Jewish community.........they were once a Jewish owned and run club with such prominent directors as impresario Bernard Delfont and his brother’s Lew and Leslie Grade on its Board. Well before that ~ as a club with it's roots in heavily Jewish Clapton ~ it was a club which embraced the Jewish Community and made it feel welcomed ~ a sanctuary in a time of hardship.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

lucy6lucy wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:42 It’s a night match Andy
Of course. Just testing. ;-)
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

desperado wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 19:12 Guess what - Orient haven't won at home in their last 6 ( 5 league 1 trophy )
Wonder who is going to win this one?
Oooh your beginning to get it, it'll never be a ' what happens next' question on QOS due to the same outcome evey time.
Leyton Orient (4) 7
Tossers (0) 0
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 22:43 Oooh your beginning to get it, it'll never be a ' what happens next' question on QOS due to the same outcome evey time.
Leyton Orient (4) 7
Tossers (0) 0
Teigngull, you're a f*ckwit.

....we wont even be lucky enough to score 0. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 23:03 Teigngull, you're a f*ckwit.

....we wont even be lucky enough to score 0. :rofl:
That's it , obviously my opinion means nothing to you superman, so you can stick them right up your BUMGINA.
:slap:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 23:07 That's it , obviously my opinion means nothing to you superman, so you can stick them right up your BUMGINA.
:slap:
obviously you don't do humour or sarcasm.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

It will either be a draw or we will lose by one goal. Most likely the latter.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 23:09 obviously you don't do humour or sarcasm.
That was an attempt at humour, sorry, bit harsh was it ? Ooops