Torquay v AFC Fylde 11/04 (was pp on 3/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Acadia.
It's a great example I feel, you say he's ''hitting an area to press", I say he's giving away possession immediately & unnecessarily !
He may well be "better than what we've seen this year", well, that's no bleeding good to us or an acceptable trait to have when he's an integral part of of the problem that's taking us down to the lowest point in the history of TUFC. Is it Arcadia ?
I wouldn't want that on my CV, would you ?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

goody2449 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 18:55 I did notice today though, that they’ve been go karting, on a team bonding exercise, I’d say it’s 12 months too late!
Are you sure they weren't all trialling for the new Torquay Go-Kart Team that will race on alternative week-ends alongside the new Speedway Team at Osborne's pending new entertainment stadia. This in addition to the return of Greyhound racing will also see the introduction musical festivals although matinee performances are restricted by covenant due to some happy clappy Torquay residents wanting to have a local football team play regional football there. Fear not, allegedly Osborne's legal team are already on the case to oust them to a nearby local playing field in Watcombe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Teigngull wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 19:58 Acadia.
It's a great example I feel, you say he's ''hitting an area to press", I say he's giving away possession immediately & unnecessarily !
He may well be "better than what we've seen this year", well, that's no bleeding good to us or an acceptable trait to have when he's an integral part of of the problem that's taking us down to the lowest point in the history of TUFC. Is it Arcadia ?
I wouldn't want that on my CV, would you ?
You want to read what I've said as part of his game is 100 miles an hour he needs to slow down and think what he's doing. If he's knocking a ball towards the fullback they've worked on that. I'm just saying he could be a better player. :|
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Go karting? Team bonding?

What the ****? Seriously? This team bonding should have been happening ages ago, not with one game before our relegation status is confirmed.

Absolute joke.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Of the nine National League games played last night, only Tranmere had a higher 'gate' than us. Four attracted less than 1000, including Boreham Wood who had the lowest of all. Only 602 bothered to turn up for a top-of-the-table clash against Macclesfied. Pathetic. There were just over 1400 at Plainmoor - more than twice the Boreham 'faithful' - on a truly dreadful night weatherwise (and football-wise). It shows the loyal fanbase TUFC has.

It is so sad that fans who have stuck with this club have been so badly let down by the inadequacies of various owners, however well-meaning one or two of them may have been.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Owers is going no where fast unfortunately, and to think, some old, expert s in there own front rooms have been hailing him as a mesiar for the majority of the season, commending him on his footballing knowledge and how tactically aware he is, and how much fitter the players are under him, yet we concede In the last 10 minutes more goals than any other team in the country, and 70% of the goals conceded are from set plays!
Genius!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

The fullbacks are leaving spaces and caught with the ball we've had numerous centre halves and always changing keepers what do you expect.
uffculme1

Post by uffculme1 »

I think its most unfair to blame the full backs for leaving gaps at the back, Owers insists on playing three at the back and expecting the full backs to play full back, wing back and supplemntary wingers. what do you expect of them, as neither of our centre backs can be considered quick ,or even have any pace then you need your full backs to play at the back and cover their centre halfs as they are the only ones with a modicum of speed.
When was the last time we played a team with out and out wingers.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

uffculme1 wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 19:23 I think its most unfair to blame the full backs for leaving gaps at the back, Owers insists on playing three at the back and expecting the full backs to play full back, wing back and supplemntary wingers. what do you expect of them, as neither of our centre backs can be considered quick ,or even have any pace then you need your full backs to play at the back and cover their centre halfs as they are the only ones with a modicum of speed.
When was the last time we played a team with out and out wingers.
I think the figures speak for them-selves we've let in 67goals the third highest in the league, it's the continual changes which have been caused by injuries. I doubt if any other club has suffered like we have.
When a wing back goes forward the centre-half 3 slide over a little to cover the space but when the wing back gives the ball away in deep positions we have been under pressure.
The officials have not helped as well as we've suffered through a lot of bad decisions.