TUST Updates

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

https://www.facebook.com/TorquayUnitedSupportersTrust/

Torquay United Supporters Trust is delighted to have been awarded a £19,750 grant from the Premier League Fans Fund, which will help them develop ways to engage new and existing supporters for National League club Torquay United FC."

We'd like to say thanks to TUST vice president Robin Causley for his hard work on this project. This is a great example of what we do as an organisation and what your membership as a TUST member goes towards.

Thanks to the funding, the Trust will be able to set up a Supporters Hub on match-days, offering events and activities for fans and the local community. The Hub will also hold pop-up sessions around the Torbay, South Hams and Teignbridge area, helping to reach more supporters and offering better access to their local professional football club."

A really exciting project we can't wait to work on thanks to the Football Stadia Improvement Fund. Please share!
Stay in touch with updates from the TUST on social media:

https://x.com/tustcoyy
https://www.facebook.com/TorquayUnitedSupportersTrust/
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Sad that it's the supporters trust and not THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL CLUB WHOSE PISSING WELL JOB IT IS to be doing this. Parasitic wankerS all of them. However, i'm over the moon that the trust is indeed doing this and i am 100% appreciative of them for doing so.

**** OFF OSBORNE
**** OFF HARROP
**** OFF OWERS

Parasites.

On a positive though like i said, hats off to everyone at the TUST for getting this funding and addressing this problem head on.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Full press release:
TUST secure Premier League Funding

Match-day hub will help Torquay United Supporters Trust to inspire new fans

Torquay United Supporters Trust is delighted to have been awarded a £19,750 grant from the Premier League Fans Fund, which will help them develop ways to engage new and existing supporters for National League club Torquay United FC.

The Premier League Fans Fund is a commitment from the Premier League to fund projects and organisations which improve the relationship between fans and their clubs, the way football supporters engage with each other and fans’ experience of the game.

Thanks to the funding, the Trust will be able to set up a Supporters Hub on match-days, offering events and activities for fans and the local community. The Hub will also hold pop-up sessions around the Torbay, South Hams and Teignbridge area, helping to reach more supporters and offering better access to their local professional football club.

One goal for Torquay United Supporters Trust is to inspire new fans from traditionally under-represented groups. In addition to pop-up sessions at the Supporters Hub, the Trust will deliver community outreach workshops and focused match-day events providing better opportunities to engage them.

There are also plans to recruit and train new volunteer ambassadors for the club. Part of their role will include giving presentations about the club to local groups, organisations and schools. These will be designed to teach people about Torquay United FC’s heritage, and the club’s current role in the community.

Mike Thomas, Torquay United Supporters Trust Chairman, said: “We are delighted to receive this grant from the Premier League Fans Fund and will use this funding to positively engage with those in the local area.

“We will also encourage supporters of all ages, gender, race and background to come to Plainmoor, embrace and enjoy the new match-day experience, and as a result hopefully come back again and support Torquay United on a regular basis.”

To celebrate this grant, Torquay United Supporters Trust and representatives of the club will be available for a photo opportunity on Thursday 1 March at 10am, along with other partner organisations.

COYY
www.torquayfanstats.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I see representatives of the club will be there for the photo opps and they'll proudly come out with some waffle when what they actually mean is that they don't really give a shit. Otherwise they'd have done this off their own back already and if it weren't for the TUST it wouldn't be done at all.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 12:57 Sad that it's the supporters trust and not THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL CLUB WHOSE PISSING WELL JOB IT IS to be doing this. Parasitic wankerS all of them. However, i'm over the moon that the trust is indeed doing this and i am 100% appreciative of them for doing so.

**** OFF OSBORNE
**** OFF HARROP
**** OFF OWERS

Parasites.

On a positive though like i said, hats off to everyone at the TUST for getting this funding and addressing this problem head on.
Without knowing the full details, I am sure that there is some funding and grants that are exclusive to TUST like models, rather than to clubs themselves. A grant from the Premier League Fans Fund and exclusively for the match day experience of fans might well be one of these.

From what I have seen there is an awful lot of work behind the scenes on a lot of projects, not all of which get made public, so it's nice to see some good news being publicised.

There is weight with numbers, and the more members & volunteers the TUST has, the more work it can carry out. So I would repeat the recent urges to get involved - either by joining, donating or volunteering your time/expertise.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bit of a rant there apologies for using the term 'wankers'. Parasites i believe is factually correct about all 3 but i retract the use of the word 'wankers' as it was unnecessary.

I'm getting cabin fever as i'm snowed in. Weather forecasters couldn't predict a Torquay loss never mind the weather for the next hour.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 13:17 Bit of a rant there apologies for using the term 'wankers'. Parasites i believe is factually correct about all 3 but i retract the use of the word 'wankers' as it was unnecessary.

I'm getting cabin fever as i'm snowed in. Weather forecasters couldn't predict a Torquay loss never mind the weather for the next hour.
I think parasite is a bit too strong in owers case. He was offered the chance of trying his hand at a larger club and it hasn't worked.
Osborne and harrop fair enough.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

There's no need to disfigure this positive thread with all this nonsense is there.

Those grants are not made available to football clubs but to supporters' organisations and once again derive from the much complained about overseas' TV rights money the Premier League earns.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

merse btpir wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 14:25 Those grants are not made available to football clubs but to supporters' organisations and once again derive from the much complained about overseas' TV rights money the Premier League earns.

The Premier League Fans Fund ~ a three-year, £3.5m commitment from the Premier League which was established in 2015 ~ awards grants of up to £20,000 to local fan groups such as TUST........

The fund is there to help improve the relationship between fans and their clubs, the way football supporters engage with each other and fans’ experience of the game.....Plymouth Argyle have their Fan Zone as do Tranmere Rovers where travelling fans are made welcome to accept hospitality from their home club contemporaries.

The grants are aimed at any fan groups, whether they are simply collectives who have come together to improve atmosphere, organised Trusts, or independent fan organisations..........TUST applied for and received this valuable help. Funding can be sought for a one-off event or a campaign running over three years so let's not either knock it, the source of the funding nor the football club who have absolutely no access to this funding but have played their part in obtaining it.

Any supporter’s groups thinking of applying must be able to show that the project has been discussed with, and endorsed by, their club so (again) let's not attack the club with a diatribe drawn on ignorance of the FACTS!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

This is a really significant grant and congratulations to those who have been instrumental in achieving this funding. Instead of carping all like minded TUFC supporters should be galvanising our joint efforts to ensure we actually have a club to support.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 13:52 I think parasite is a bit too strong in owers case. He was offered the chance of trying his hand at a larger club and it hasn't worked.
Osborne and harrop fair enough.
I see your point P78 but he's been getting paid for quite a while now, a job which he's consistently failing at and not only that but also failing to recognize and acknowledge his part in that and his part in taking the club to it's lowest point ever so yes, i'll stick with parasite for him too.

To others, if you read my posts they are giving praise of the highest order to the TUST too. Read properly please. Thanks so much. :-D
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Yes, but as I said; there was no need to disfigure this positive thread with all this nonsense was there.

A good news; positive story doesn't deserve all that mis-informed, ill directed abuse being thrown about. Both trust officers responsible AND the suorce of the funding are to be congratulated, recognised and thanked for their input and as it happened the football club DID play their full part as far as they were required and allowed to.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 14:25 There's no need to disfigure this positive thread with all this nonsense is there.

Those grants are not made available to football clubs but to supporters' organisations and once again derive from the much complained about overseas' TV rights money the Premier League earns.
I tend to agree. This news and subsequent posts on the matter should be for the TUST to receive appropriate accolades for their endeavours. Plenty of other threads with appropriate titles to vent one's frustration at specific individual directly associated to the club.

So well done Robin Causley and the TUST as a whole for your outstanding achievement
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

merse btpir wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 19:17 Yes, but as I said; there was no need to disfigure this positive thread with all this nonsense was there.

A good news; positive story doesn't deserve all that mis-informed, ill directed abuse being thrown about. Both trust officers responsible AND the suorce of the funding are to be congratulated, recognised and thanked for their input and as it happened the football club DID play their full part as far as they were required and allowed to.
I agree merse, my apologies to everyone involved.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

MEET THE CHAIRMAN OF TUST MICHEL THOMAS AT LEYTON ORIENT

At the LEYTON TECHNICAL, which presumably is a pub? Meeting is before the game at 6.45pm on the 13th of March and the venue is 5 minutes from Brisbane Road itself.

Open to all, not just TUST members which is fantastic.

Michel will be wearing a yellow flower for identification for those who have not yet met him.

I'm just simply passing on info i got in an email from TUST as a member so just thought i'd mention it on here.

Quite why anyone would actively WANT to go to London is beyond me but the TUST meet is as good a reason as any! :~D