Talking Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Those seats (originally used at the British Open) were formerly at the Withdean Stadium when Brighton & Hove Albion played there.

When they moved out in 2011; Whitehawk wanted to move in; but the Isthmian League ~ where they were at the time ~ rejected it because the dressing rooms were so far from the pitch and so Whitehawk stayed put and brought the seats to them!

The Enclosed Ground in East Brighton Park
beneath the Whitehawk Estate & Brighton Racecourse up above
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Anyways... back to that podcast we all know and love. 😉

Episode 28 is live and ready for your ears. Lots to discuss from, ranging from the midweek Sutton defeat and all the controversy that came with it. We answer your questions about all the goings on at tufc, the future and the possibility of relegation. There's also a bit of chat about this weekend's game against Fylde.

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Steve; you constantly refer to 'the board' ~ what board; we don't have one do we!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

First ever game in blue square conf was at home v Grays Athletic 0-0 over 4000 att & was shown live on Setanta sports, Good team with FIT FOR PURPOSE PLAYERS & MANAGER are you listening Mr Harrop ?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Incidentally, United's first season in the conference managed to achieve an average home attendance of 3800 +,so the support is there if the club is marketed properly.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Don't agree with their 'survey' of who has/hasn't got another year on their contract.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Teigngull wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 15:13 First ever game in blue square conf was at home v Grays Athletic 0-0 over 4000 att & was shown live on Setanta sports, Good team with FIT FOR PURPOSE PLAYERS & MANAGER are you listening Mr Harrop ?
You are, of course, correct! When we win games people come and watch... but would that be the same even in the NLS? I genuinely don't know...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

nickbrod wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 18:02 Don't agree with their 'survey' of who has/hasn't got another year on their contract.
Fair enough, we really weren't sure on a few of them. We tried to do the research but some of the signing announcements are decidedly cryptic when it comes to contract lengths. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure both Pittman and Clarke have deals to the end of next season (unless there is a relegation break clause). Pittman in particular must go down as one of Nico's biggest flops.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

You can add Gowling. And I think both Klukowski and Keating were 'given' two year deals.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

nickbrod wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 20:13 You can add Gowling. And I think both Klukowski and Keating were 'given' two year deals.
Jesus! I know Nico is still a hot topic around here, but what was he thinking if that is the case? I hope we have relegation release clauses...
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

No game in two weeks means that Ryan and I preview the Maidstone game in depth and have a good look at Dowling's contribution so far after Ryan's appearance on a Bristol City podcast. Feel free to check it out!

Maidstone are in horrible form... any chance of a result for our boys? :no:
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Episode 30 of Talking Torquay is live! This week I finally admits we're getting relegated and Stephen blunders his way through the introduction without a script. Have a listen and let us know what you think. Anything you'd like us to discuss, let us know...

coyy! :scarf:

ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

We've got Episode 31 of Talking Torquay ready and waiting for you right here. Let us know if you're still enjoying the show. A review and rating on iTunes would be greatly appreciated!

We address our criticism of Gary Owers, look ahead to the weekend and review the past two games! :scarf:

Coyy!

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I've no reason to doubt that your podcast is a really good listen, but being profoundly deaf I can't tell. Do any transcripts of the programmes exist on line?
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Bit annoyed at the 'Conference South is a Tough league' quote. Really? come on Ryan, don't even start thinking along those lines. A club with our set up and fan base etc should not be worried about Conference South, that sort of attitude just feeds into the Owers/Harrop/Osborne excuse bucket