Truro ground share back on?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

ACW2IOW wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 16:58 Mr Masters quoted on Radio Cornwall that 14 had been sold to date! These will be refunded if requested.
Lol what? 14 whole tickets? Jesus. If they can only sell 14 season tickets, generally sold to the most devoted fans, it makes you wonder who the hell is actually going to travel to Torquay for their matches? I genuinely think we're going to be in a situation where if Truro bring 30/40 fans it'll be a bloody miracle.

I hope to god that the club didn't sign a contract with Masters providing the stadium for a flat fee with no operational fee per game or else United are going to be losing money on this, the costs of operating the stadium for that number of people will result in chunky losses for every Truro game.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Richinns wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 18:14 From memory I believe Masters has already purchased the ground share option (a few seasons back) so that money will be long gone and he is now simply exercising his previously purchased right.
Can this be clarified, I thought it all fell through, ie I remember we where going to use their coach and that fell through, maybe we will be using it next season. One feels Osborne needs to clarify this with another statement
Lucy
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

SenorDingDong wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 18:24 Lol what? 14 whole tickets? Jesus. If they can only sell 14 season tickets, generally sold to the most devoted fans, it makes you wonder who the hell is actually going to travel to Torquay for their matches? I genuinely think we're going to be in a situation where if Truro bring 30/40 fans it'll be a bloody miracle.

I hope to god that the club didn't sign a contract with Masters providing the stadium for a flat fee with no operational fee per game or else United are going to be losing money on this, the costs of operating the stadium for that number of people will result in chunky losses for every Truro game.
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the "home" team will foot match day costs
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

They will be lucky to get 50 - probably not even that

The interest just isn't there lets face it. No offence to them but their team looks weaker than it did last season when they did excellently but overachieved. I reckon they could get relegated this time.

First game of the season. Well its a novelty so lets be charitable and say they get 70. I reckon that they may get 100 Torquay fans. I would probably give it a go if I lived in Torbay as its an interesting fixture. The away side will bring 10. The two coach drivers will get a free ticket each so by reckoning that would make 182.

Masters will probably bring a few of his family/friends so they can all see him lord it in the directors box. Arsehole.

I can see the interest dropping off after that though.

Just been listening to Fatalie Cornah on Spotlight talking about it. "Who will get the away end when Truro play Torquay at home? - its a tricky one that"

Really? no doubt the Cornish will be heading to Plainmoor in their droves with raging hangovers and braving -5 temperatures.

How can you actually get paid for spouting this drivel on tv.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Just as an aside, it always amuses me that Natalie Cornah is the sports presenter on Spotlight - she seems like she has no interest in sport whatsoever (apart from horses) and her voice sounds as if she smokes 100 fags a day.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

budegull1954 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 20:23 Just as an aside, it always amuses me that Natalie Cornah is the sports presenter on Spotlight - she seems like she has no interest in sport whatsoever (apart from horses) and her voice sounds as if she smokes 100 fags a day.
She does
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

sgf wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 20:24 She does
Smoke 100 fags a day or have an interest in sport? :~D
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

SenorDingDong wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 21:05 Smoke 100 fags a day or have an interest in sport? :~D
Well she knows bugger all about sport! Bring back Dick Woodacre I say
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Going through the fixtures, the amount of matchdays when Torquay and Truro are at home on the same day is NIL.
You can't tell me that's a coincidence.

The National League knew this was coming.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 21:52 Going through the fixtures, the amount of matchdays when Torquay and Truro are at home on the same day is NIL.
You can't tell me that's a coincidence.

The National League knew this was coming.
Two actually: Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 19:37 Just been listening to Fatalie Cornah on Spotlight talking about it. "Who will get the away end when Truro play Torquay at home? - its a tricky one that"
Did not think of that! Base line on ground share - away fixture means Torquay get the away end - 1,000 all ticket sale for Torquay fans whilst the 12 Truro fans pay at the turnstile for their home match at their (temporary) home ground. Although I expect Truro might section off part of Bristow Bench (say 100 seats) for those Torquay fans who wish to sit (two of those seats reserved for Mr Harrop)

Another question - will there be a need for police presence in case of any crowd trouble from the 12 Truro fans, or do you think the stewards will be able to handle the Cornish invasion :)

Joking aside -is there crowd segregation in National League South?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

There doesn't seem to be compulsory crowd in the National League Premier, so I suppose it is down to the local authority and the police rather than the footballing authorities.
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

lucy6lucy wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 18:28 Can this be clarified, I thought it all fell through, ie I remember we where going to use their coach and that fell through, maybe we will be using it next season. One feels Osborne needs to clarify this with another statement
I seem to remember Masters paid £30,000 to TUFC.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

SenorDingDong wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 18:24 Lol what? 14 whole tickets? Jesus. If they can only sell 14 season tickets, generally sold to the most devoted fans, it makes you wonder who the hell is actually going to travel to Torquay for their matches? I genuinely think we're going to be in a situation where if Truro bring 30/40 fans it'll be a bloody miracle.
And don't forget that those 14 season tickets were sold on the back of the most successful season in the clubs history!

We have just had the least successful 5 consecutive seasons in our clubs history, anyone know how many season tickets we've sold?
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

800 plus season tickets sold is my guess.

The guy in the shop looked bemused when I told him i was a new purchaser and not a renewal. New league, new squad, renewed interest.