Truro ground share back on?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Clark Osbourne (Sic) via paddy Tinkler (Sic) has gone on record, releasing that as an official statement. Really?

So vague and unprofessional!
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Ground share goes ahead!

http://www.trurocityfc.net/news/club-st ... 27382.html

Does that mean TU fans will have to use the away end on New Year's day? :lol:
PrestonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PrestonGull »

Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Hello to all. Apart from the wear and tear on the pitch - why else would we worry about this groundshare ? No doubt it will help the finances a little.
Maybe it won't really affect the fight to STAY at Plainmoor ?
Sorry if my memory fails me, but didn't we cancel a 2018/9 reserve team idea recently ? Connection ?
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Notice they haven't updated their admission prices from last season - I wonder if any Season Tickets have been sold for the forthcoming one?

http://www.trurocityfc.net/a/admission- ... 40803.html
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's the Truro fans I really feel sorry for. Finding out now, two weeks before the season starts, is horrible. I see that Billericay fans have booked trips and hotels for the game on 4th August, to now find out it's moved counties.

We have been perfectly paired home/away with Truro throughtout the season, a request which apparently needs to be made by March. It's obviously been planned for a long while now - best case scenario is that you believe they didn't know it would happen this quickly, and had this ready if required, but it's still a shabby way to treat fans when it's obviously been at least a possibility for a while now. You don't get asked to leave a stadium with 9 days' notice.

With the track records of the people involved around stadiums, planned stadiums and delays, it's a massive concern to both sets of fans.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Well said Gulliball

Dont upset the conference centre, concert venue, ice skating arena dreamers !!!!!!!
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

This groundshare is unlikely to be for 1 year only as i believe the Stadium for Cornwall will not be ready for 2019/20 and also, i am not sure if all financing for the project from the govt is in place yet.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

If Truro struggle this season and more fans wilt then it makes you wonder if they will even have a team come 2019/20 and beyond... Historical papers from the football league say that 3 months notice minimum is required if a team wishes to move grounds or ground-share and this application has to be made before the start of a new season and can only be made once a league has been fully played out.

Obvious that this was known for months, blatant business decision to not tell fans, hopeful that those that have committed to a season ticket will travel.

Interested to see what 'heavily subsidised' coaches for home games actually means - Masters joins the club of crooked lower league club owners!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

__quiet__gull wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 15:38 Historical papers from the football league say that 3 months notice minimum is required if a team wishes to move grounds or ground-share and this application has to be made before the start of a new season and can only be made once a league has been fully played out.

So you have to give 3 months notice but it can't be before the previous season has ended (fully played out)?

Last season only ended on May 5th for the EFL and this season starts August 4th which my maths makes less than 3 months between seasons.

Something doesn't add up there ;-)
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 13:24 Notice they haven't updated their admission prices from last season - I wonder if any Season Tickets have been sold for the forthcoming one?

http://www.trurocityfc.net/a/admission- ... 40803.html
Mr Masters quoted on Radio Cornwall that 14 had been sold to date! These will be refunded if requested.
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

jimhart33 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 15:05 This groundshare is unlikely to be for 1 year only as i believe the Stadium for Cornwall will not be ready for 2019/20 and also, i am not sure if all financing for the project from the govt is in place yet.
You are correct - £3million still awaited from the Government. The Business Plan hasn't even been submitted yet! It appears this is in the hands of Cornish Pirates.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Might be a dumb question, but. How does it work with revenue from ticket sales, etc on matchday. How much will go to TUFC?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 17:02 Might be a dumb question, but. How does it work with revenue from ticket sales, etc on matchday. How much will go to TUFC?
Regardless of ticket income, I would hope we have other income from this ground share, if the money is invested in the team, Owers will have a chance of getting a few more additions. But I can only dream
Lucy
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

lucy6lucy wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 18:08 Regardless of ticket income, I would hope we have other income from this ground share, if the money is invested in the team, Owers will have a chance of getting a few more additions. But I can only dream
From memory I believe Masters has already purchased the ground share option (a few seasons back) so that money will be long gone and he is now simply exercising his previously purchased right.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/