Memories of plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I don't mind Plymouth arygle at all
.there been loads of players going each way through the years...prehaps more east bound on the a38 though
Tynan , John uzzell , Hodges , mc call. Anyone remember Peter whitson ....i rated him but can't remember if he went to Plymouth ...no wiki for him
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Come to think of it a few have gone west bound aswell ....norman medhurst the physio and recently the striker who's name has gone from me ..though he has moved on now. Remember few seasons ago Plymouth fans all turned up to plainmoor ...nice touch
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 15:39 Come to think of it a few have gone west bound aswell ....norman medhurst the physio and recently the striker who's name has gone from me ..though he has moved on now. Remember few seasons ago Plymouth fans all turned up to plainmoor ...nice touch
There were quite a few Exeter fans there as well that night. Just didn't get the publicity that the Gargs did.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Fair play then jerry aswell.

Exeter are doing well and with a long term a manger and loyalty each way are doing well this season , wish them luck.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

I will never wish Exeter City good luck in anything.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 19:34 Fair play then jerry aswell.

Exeter are doing well and with a long term a manger and loyalty each way are doing well this season , wish them luck.
Let's not forget there was a request put in by ECFC supporters that Tisdale would NOT be offered a new deal when his current one expires because of a distinct lack of faith & the perception he had taken them as far as he could.
In other words a classic case of thinking the grass is always greener etc etc.
I'd welcome Tisdale at TUFC if he ever came available , with open arms. And let's not forget who & where he was playing his trade when Exeter came calling, Bath, none the less.
Some people don't know when they've got it good, do they ?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Teigngull wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 13:32 Let's not forget there was a request put in by ECFC supporters that Tisdale would NOT be offered a new deal when his current one expires because of a distinct lack of faith & the perception he had taken them as far as he could.
In other words a classic case of thinking the grass is always greener etc etc.
I'd welcome Tisdale at TUFC if he ever came available , with open arms. And let's not forget who & where he was playing his trade when Exeter came calling, Bath, none the less.
Some people don't know when they've got it good, do they ?

:goodpost:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Is the Plymouth and Exeter derby fierce ? I assume but I've never been to one obviously ????
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bxm Foxy »

City like to lord it over Argyle saying it’s a shithole etc. Argyle have lots more fans. Lively encounter.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I don't know why there is so much good will to gargoyle on here. I remember being chased all over the plainmoor area in the 1970s when their thugs used to turn up for our evening fixtures if we were playing the likes of Hereford, reading and Colchester.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bxm Foxy »

For me it’s a family thing. Loads of Argyle supporters in Brixham too.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Thought Plymouth were contenders for relegation in September , wasnt there some calls for managers head ?
Which seemed odd really as not long promoted. Would like to see Plymouth in play offs this season and I would be happy if they could make it into the championship.
My early memories were Plymouth in that 2nd tier and if teams like Bournemouth can go from basement trouble then why not Plymouth for the premiership.

Obviously want torquay to do better than any other club but for me Plymouth doing well surely can only help the west country in general
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Is John Bartlett still alive?
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bxm Foxy »

I know a lot of popular siders won't like what I'm about to say, but I still think there should have been seats put in the popular side, and I'd love the seats to be ripped out of the Ellacombe End, and go to a terrace.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Bxm Foxy wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 15:04 I know a lot of popular siders won't like what I'm about to say, but I still think there should have been seats put in the popular side, and I'd love the seats to be ripped out of the Ellacombe End, and go to a terrace.
Fair point. Most clubs have their most fanatical support behind one goal.