Memories of plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Has to be “I was born under the mini-stand” for me. A
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

If I had the wings of seagull , If I had the wings of a Gull , I'd Fly over (Argyle) Tomorrow and Shit on the Bastards below.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If I had the wings of a sparrow, and I had the arse of a cow.........
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 20:15 My first match was 25 March 2000 - a Devon derby v the Gargs at Plainmoor.

We lost 4-0 and I was distraught!! Stood in the popside (obviously!!) and sung myself hoarse, as is the norm when I attend football matches.

Things I remember about that day: we had an early injury to one of our forwards (name escapes me) and we lost the match after that incident, with the substitution making us lose our shape and then Plymouth scored fairly quickly after that, and then hammered home three more before shutting up shop for the rest of the game.

I stayed in a b&b and was taken to the game by Richard Hughes, after being picked up at Exeter airport by Alan (acetufc) - both used to post on Mervos site - Richard, as we know, works for the Herald now, and I have lost touch with Alan (as well as Richard.)

EDIT: injured player was Tony Bedeau.

Team for the day:
S. Jones, Paul Holmes, Wayne Thomas, Alex Watson, Lee Russell, Robbie Herrera, Chris Brandon, Brian Healy (c), Kevin Hill, Eiffon Williams, Tony Bedeau (replaced by M. Griffiths)
Unused subs Mick O’Brien, Steve Tully, Tom Stocco and Ryan Northmore.
Is that back in the days when you were a 'plod' Scotty? :lol:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 09:43 Is that back in the days when you were a 'plod' Scotty? :lol:
Nope.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 20:15 My first match was 25 March 2000 - a Devon derby v the Gargs at Plainmoor. We lost 4-0 and I was distraught!!

Things I remember about that day: we had an early injury to one of our forwards (name escapes me)
Tony Bedeau. He was in great form and had scored the winner against Cardiff City in the previous home game. It certainly changed the game. The main memory for me of that particular game was giving 3 of the Argyle players a lift back to Ivybridge so that the team coach didn't have to leave the A38. I was very quiet on the way home and I told them I was able to drop people off wherever I wanted!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Chris Brandon was a quality player.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 22:24 Chris Brandon was a quality player.
Good at gardening !!! :Oops:
Stoke Gull

Post by Stoke Gull »

Replying to the question about cameras for the Match of the Day vBury in 1968, my memory is of being amazed at the huge amount of outside broadcast vehicles parked on the grass at the Ellacombe end (No swimming pool there then) and alot of cables - how technology has moved on! I think the Fulham match was possibly on ITV's Big Match. Great memories, I just remember the cowshed before the mini stand.