Jamie Reid (again, probably)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

hector wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 13:39 Brucie is right, the bullying and witch hunt of Reid is out of order and really quite ridiculous after matches against teams 4 and 5 divisions higher.
Yes - good post from Brucie. I don't like to see individual players being picked on. However, I think it's over the top to accuse Bristol-Gull of (quote) 'bullying and witch hunt'. He was simply repeating the frustrations of many posters on here over the past two seasons. Personally, I think Jamie Reid can become a more effective player with the right coaching, and i don't think there was much evidence of effective coaching last season.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Do we have time to ' coach ' a player who divides opinion of the fans ?
You can't knock him for effort, 100% every time - despite the regular dogs abuse he gets pitch side & on line - & is capable of the odd ' worldy ' but it's too little & often.
He's had 2 seasons here now & if I'm honest, not done enough in my book to warrant a regular starting place.
We have one shot at getting out of this division - at the right end - so we have to start like a runaway train not carrying a player & hoping they turn up instead of what we're used to, constant dissapointment.
I'm not joining a witch hunt here it's just that I expect my team to employ players to actually do the business regularly, & unfortunately JR doesn't.?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Presumably Owers will pick the team against Chelmsford whom he feels will win the match. If Reid is in the starting 11 that's fine by me. If he isn't that's fine by me as well.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Not sure how many games Guildford has seen, not many I would suggest, but one thing you cannot accuse Reid
of is lack of effort ! Ok his final ball and goalscoring needs improving but lets see what he can do this season
If he cant produce the goods at this level agree he has to go
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I know I haven't been on here as much over the last few years, but when Brucie is playing devil's advocate, you know you have some harsh opinions.

Reid, in the few games I've seen of him, was very much like Sterling in the World Cup.

Lambasted time and time again for lack of end product, but when Sterling went off, we were absolute dross. Never looked like scoring and neither Rashford or Vardy really did anything.

Reid is the same, in the couple games I've seen him get substituted, we just looked like headless chicken up front.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

cambgull wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 20:28 I know I haven't been on here as much over the last few years, but when Brucie is playing devil's advocate, you know you have some harsh opinions.

Reid, in the few games I've seen of him, was very much like Sterling in the World Cup.

Lambasted time and time again for lack of end product, but when Sterling went off, we were absolute dross. Never looked like scoring and neither Rashford or Vardy really did anything.

Reid is the same, in the couple games I've seen him get substituted, we just looked like headless chicken up front.
I can't agree with your comments in the last three games Reid has done his bit, last season I could agree with you but he's done ok.
Now Sterling was one of Gareth's mistakes he did run and lose the ball and we lost possession and with using the squad England may have done better. Give Reid a break it's :engflag: a new season.
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

give the lad a break.....in most games last season the same old faces getting on his back before he'd kicked a ball, he scores a goal and the same people are chanting his name. Reality is if he could hit some of the levels of expectation that fans have for him he'd be playing league football. he plays in a position where his performances are highly visible compared to other players who pass the ball sideways over short distances. He spent most of last season on the wrong wing and was either required to cut back on his right foot or try and cross with his left. Being played out of position hasn't been his fault either. No one can fault his efforts in general when others given similar treatment would have stopped trying. He's still a young lad and I can imagine that it's hard taking the abuse he took from some of the people on the popside who couldn't pass a ball straight or run for a bus.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Surely the important point is that his manager believes in him; end of story.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Shangull wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 21:10 give the lad a break.....in most games last season the same old faces getting on his back before he'd kicked a ball, he scores a goal and the same people are chanting his name. Reality is if he could hit some of the levels of expectation that fans have for him he'd be playing league football. he plays in a position where his performances are highly visible compared to other players who pass the ball sideways over short distances. He spent most of last season on the wrong wing and was either required to cut back on his right foot or try and cross with his left. Being played out of position hasn't been his fault either. No one can fault his efforts in general when others given similar treatment would have stopped trying. He's still a young lad and I can imagine that it's hard taking the abuse he took from some of the people on the popside who couldn't pass a ball straight or run for a bus.
Very :goodpost:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

tomogull will remember the hounding of Tommy Spratt, so much so that he once left the field in tears.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

tomogull wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 17:16 Yes - good post from Brucie. I don't like to see individual players being picked on. However, I think it's over the top to accuse Bristol-Gull of (quote) 'bullying and witch hunt'. He was simply repeating the frustrations of many posters on here over the past two seasons. Personally, I think Jamie Reid can become a more effective player with the right coaching, and i don't think there was much evidence of effective coaching last season.
Apologies, I should have made it clearer. I wasn’t accusing Bristolgull of bullying etc but in general, reading some of the comments on here and especially on Facebook, some are tantamount to bullying, even bring Jamie Reid’s mum into. It's appalling and particularly cowardly.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I wish the administrators would take the topic off. This is a fresh start for everyone.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Agreed - new start opportunities for all and good luck to every player. Only working together will get us out of this league.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

arcadia wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 12:31 I wish the administrators would take the topic off. This is a fresh start for everyone.
:goodpost:
Yes agreed 101%, please remove this topic, it's a new start for everyone. Inc Jamie Reid.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Remember the Tommy Spratt 'hounding' Wivel - and I never understood why
Christ, the guy outscored the great Robin from midfield in our promotion season 18 to 17
I guess its always gone on and there is always one player some 'supporters' like to have a go at