Jamie Reid (again, probably)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

One of the heart-warming aspects of Torquay's brilliant Gary Johnson era this season, is a turnaround for your local boy Jamie Reid. Having hit 30 goals now his fan rating will be 'off the scale', vis the early criticism he received. Well done GJ but most of all - well done Jamie.

To pick yourself up after all that 'approbation' shows some real strength of character. Never look back now Jamie !

(But oh those penalties - my own Swatcats would be topping the Thai Premier League but for our own Brazilian, Leandro Assumpcao's 2 penalties missed and 4 points gone !)

:scarf:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Swatcat wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 00:24 One of the heart-warming aspects of Torquay's brilliant Gary Johnson era this season, is a turnaround for your local boy Jamie Reid. Having hit 30 goals now his fan rating will be 'off the scale', vis the early criticism he received. Well done GJ but most of all - well done Jamie.

To pick yourself up after all that 'approbation' shows some real strength of character. Never look back now Jamie !

(But oh those penalties - my own Swatcats would be topping the Thai Premier League but for our own Brazilian, Leandro Assumpcao's 2 penalties missed and 4 points gone !)

:scarf:
Nice sentiment but great irony in the fact you bring back into focus a long dead thread where he was getting a fairly hard time off a large proportion of our fanbase!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Richinns wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 09:18Nice sentiment but great irony in the fact you bring back into focus a long dead thread where he was getting a fairly hard time off a large proportion of our fanbase!
Myself included. But, with humble pie eaten in large measures, I can openly admit that I am now one of his (many) admirers. He has shown true strength of character to put up with all the sh!t that was thrown at him from all angles and deserves credit in bucket-loads.

So, Jamie, if you're readings this, please accept my sincere apologies.... and keep practicing those penalties! :lol:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Richinns ;-) Gull's fans are amazing but after 3 years of real frustration, Jamie found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time - I don't suppose he was doing worse than many others. Anyway onwards . . . it'll be good to see Jamie get to 30 NLS goals - THIS Saturday :)

Although supporting the Gulls for some 25 years, I've been reading here only recently - the travelling Fans are truly devoted and it's good that they have some reward for their time and expense at last - in this GLORIOUS season. Torquay can get the promo back to the NL but next season will not be easy - good to be positive but we can't expect an easy ride. Hopefully Leyton Orient and Wrexham will go up but that still leaves Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Halifax, Dagenham and Aldershot. It's sobering to see so many ex EFL Clubs in the NLN - Darlington, Hereford, Southport, York, Chester, Kidderminster, Bradford PA & Stockport - history counts for little in Football. Good Luck at Woking. ATB :scarf:

(I was hoping to fly over and catch the game at Chippenham but can't make it).
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Swatcat wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 01:59 Richinns ;-) Gull's fans are amazing but after 3 years of real frustration, Jamie found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time - I don't suppose he was doing worse than many others. Anyway onwards . . . it'll be good to see Jamie get to 30 NLS goals - THIS Saturday :)

Although supporting the Gulls for some 25 years, I've been reading here only recently - the travelling Fans are truly devoted and it's good that they have some reward for their time and expense at last - in this GLORIOUS season. Torquay can get the promo back to the NL but next season will not be easy - good to be positive but we can't expect an easy ride. Hopefully Leyton Orient and Wrexham will go up but that still leaves Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Halifax, Dagenham and Aldershot. It's sobering to see so many ex EFL Clubs in the NLN - Darlington, Hereford, Southport, York, Chester, Kidderminster, Bradford PA & Stockport - history counts for little in Football. Good Luck at Woking. ATB :scarf:

Has Salford been liquidated :lol:
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Swatcat wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 01:59 Richinns ;-) Gull's fans are amazing but after 3 years of real frustration, Jamie found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time - I don't suppose he was doing worse than many others. Anyway onwards . . . it'll be good to see Jamie get to 30 NLS goals - THIS Saturday :)

Aldershot look almost certain to be relegated to NLS.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468