Jamie Reid (again, probably)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

No need to remove it. Just stop posting and it will end up down the page, like the other threads.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

wivelgull wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 09:12 tomogull will remember the hounding of Tommy Spratt, so much so that he once left the field in tears.
:'(

:-/
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

hector wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 12:13 Apologies, I should have made it clearer. I wasn’t accusing Bristolgull of bullying etc but in general, reading some of the comments on here and especially on Facebook, some are tantamount to bullying, even bring Jamie Reid’s mum into. It's appalling and particularly cowardly.
Fair enough, Hector - I don't 'do' Facebook so I don't know what obnoxious comments appear there. Yes Wivel - I well remember Tommy Spratt being 'picked on' by certain sections of the crowd. I could never understand it. He was playing in a very successful side and Frank O'Farrell selected him week after week, and quite rightly, too. Another player who was picked on was Alan Welsh and he reacted to the crowd far more strongly than Jamie did last season!

Couple of other thoughts - Teigngull: if there isn't time to coach players between matches, what the hell are they doing all week?? Shangull: a good and very fair post. Nickbrod: the best post of all - the important point is that his manager believes in him (as did KN). END OF STORY.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Couple of other thoughts - Teigngull: if there isn't time to coach players between matches, what the hell are they doing all week?? Shangull: a good and very fair post. Nickbrod: the best post of all - the important point is that his manager believes in him (as did KN). END OF STORY.
I think you have misunderstood my post , what I mean by having time to coach is that if JR isn't doing it week in week out ( as he hasn't since he's been here ) why waste any more time ? as it obviously isn't sinking into the old grey matter,see need all of our players to be up to speed on 4/8/18 ( as they weren't under KN ! & you know it ) .
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Trojan 67 wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 15:19 :'(

:-/
Perhaps this is is why items like this should be pulled.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

arcadia wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 21:06 I can't agree with your comments in the last three games Reid has done his bit, last season I could agree with you but he's done ok.
Now Sterling was one of Gareth's mistakes he did run and lose the ball and we lost possession and with using the squad England may have done better. Give Reid a break it's :engflag: a new season.
I think you missed the point of my post. I'm saying he adds more than most people realise.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Jamie Reid in the number 19 shirt (just like Danny f in Stevens). There is no f in Stevens?

Thank f in f*** for that. :clap:
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Trojan. I enjoyed Danny Stevens work myself. Never mind.
Re. Cambgull's comment re. the Sterling analogy, myself I wanted Rashford or Reuben-Cheek in his place, but when £ went off, England seemed to lose a bit. Jamie Reid is on contract so actually, with respect, the only thing to do is GET behind him when he plays. Then he'll do as well as possible IMO.
Arcadia - don't pull the item IMO, turn it around. Then it's up to JR
No good moaning - the Manager decides . . .
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

For Admin - can't this thread be renamed - Jamie Reid - Good luck from the Fans.

JR you'll get there we hope.
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

Good luck to Reid I say. He's committed to the cause for next season and should be supported, not abused. Its been said before, but this is a fresh start for those who have been with us for the past couple of seasons. I've got a good feeling about next season, I think we will be strong contenders for promotion, and would be more than happy if we finish in the Play Offs. Jamie more than anyone knows what this season means in terms of his career, and he will want to prove the fans wrong.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I get what people are saying about it only being pre-season but Jamie Reid has proven over the last couple of season's that although he works hard and is a good squad player he doesn't cut the mustard as a striker in the first eleven. I really hope that after his goal against Cardiff that Rauri gets the opportunity to start alongside Williams. I really think that with a boost in confidence that can only come from starting games and scoring goals that Rauri could be the player we need up front alongside WIlliams going in to the season. Pittman should get an opportunity too, he came to us with a good reputation and it would be a massive shame to see him leave having never really being given a chance to prove himself.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

They are all squad players and should be given opportunities but perhaps not singled out as scapegoats?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 21:39 I almost feel bad reviving this thread because I’m sure Jamie Reid is a good character, however having watched him again tonight against Cardiff [highlight=yellow]I’m convinced that as long as he remains in the starting lineup as a forward we will struggle to score goals.
[/highlight]
What is the consensus amongst the forum?
Bristol Gull the prophet. :-D

The opposite and reverse of Jamie Reid is Tommy Spratt. Aye, suffered foul abuse from the Cowshed (Ellacombe End) and Popside and still scored more League goals than the "god of Plainmoor" in the promotion season of 1965-66.

Rock on Tommy.

:engflag:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jamie is probably a lovely lad but he needs a rest.................
RJ_Turner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by RJ_Turner »

Agreed it's not fair on him the be put in front of popside every game where he receives abuse every time he breathes he's had his chance and never really showed much give him a rest for his own sake and the teams