Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 May 2018, 11:41 A tribunal could well view the advertising of Gareth's role as not being fair or reasonable, in that the club pre-determined the outcome, i.e. his termination.

I would have thought that would not be likely if his contract is a fixed term one, neither is it likely that his current one will be terminated but simply run it's course.
MellowYellow wrote: 02 May 2018, 11:41 The above aside my last line was '"Something is amiss in all of this.". This being that I find it hard to believe that Gareth's employment was terminated just on the grounds of his 'Continued Personal Development'. Therefore, to calm my hysteria and turn my 'cock-eyed' statement into some form of realism. please do explain to me the exact reason for Gareth's termination (with or without notice)
Only the actual announcement of his contract not being renewed from the official source could bring that about. All we have at the moment is an anecdotal story once again pointing to Owers and Harrop as the bad guys in all this. Maybe the story doing the rounds on here is not the complete story and only the part of it that paints the physio in a light condusive to sympathy and Harrop and Owers in a bad light is being promoted. Who knows?

Now I am neither pro or antil Owers and Harrop in all this; and ambivolent about who our physio is to be honest. To me, anyone associated with such a prolonged period of failure within the organisation has got to be fearful of their future; we're not trying to cultivate 'nice' over competent or succesful here are we?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 03 May 2018, 13:51
I would have thought that would not be likely if his contract is a fixed term one, neither is it likely that his current one will be terminated but simply run it's course. Only the actual announcement of his contract not being renewed from the official source could bring that about.
As in my intitial post I wrote of 'non-renewal of contract' and if the case that is the clubs prerogative whether one likes it or not. But that is not the message being circulated across social media, so once again we are back to our clubs non-existent communication policy which if enacted could lay to rest any assumptions on this subject.
merse btpir wrote: 03 May 2018, 13:51 To me, anyone associated with such a prolonged period of failure within the organisation has got to be fearful of their future; we're not trying to cultivate 'nice' over competent or succesful here are we?
Whilst Gareth may be associated with the clubs failure being an employee of - why should he be anymore fearful of his job than the tea-lady. Which now comes down to 'Nice over competent'? interesting point. In terms of competence. players with long term/serious injuries i.e. Durrel/Young etc. have held him in high esteem on their path to recovery. In terms of 'nice' or 'family friendly' I am not sure that TUFC can hold up that banner anymore which, may be a good or a bad thing, dependant on your point of view.