Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 20:05 Are you suggesting that Mr Osborne may be responsible for this Westy?...
or is it Geoff’s fault?
#revolutionary thought.
Either way we’re buggered aren’t we?

Well Geoff Harrop was the person I assume who found the target and I assume osborne who rubber stamped it
Can't always get it right can you ? But decision makers live and die by the decisions they make.

Just the way life is
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well at least he's a manager who travels to watch the next opposition as he's driving to watch Maidstone v Macclesfield tonight.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Osborne chose Owers, Harrop wanted Westley but Osborne didn't fancy meeting his medical demands which I'm told ran to a grand a week.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Medical demands ? What did he want
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 11:38 Osborne chose Owers, Harrop wanted Westley but Osborne didn't fancy meeting his medical demands which I'm told ran to a grand a week.
Well credit Osborne for that. He's employed an equally shit manager and saved himself a grand a week.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

nickbrod wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 11:14 Well at least he's a manager who travels to watch the next opposition as he's driving to watch Maidstone v Macclesfield tonight.
Should expect that as a given really managers doing the home work
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 12:37 Should expect that as a given really managers doing the home work
Needs to justify his wages somehow i guess because as a football manager he's **** tripe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I'm no moderator yorkie but I'm sure sometime we could mind the swearing a little when appropriate. Could understand after a heavy defeat ECT but willy nilly mate makes the forum look a bit unprofessional in my opinion mate
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 13:07 I'm no moderator yorkie but I'm sure sometime we could mind the swearing a little when appropriate. Could understand after a heavy defeat ECT but willy nilly mate makes the forum look a bit unprofessional in my opinion mate
After the morning i've had man you'd should be hearing a lot worse than that but take your point Westie. :-D
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Don't think I'm being funny but I find swearing on a forum like this distastefull. Can understand in periods when emotions get highly charged.

Only my opinion and the world most certainly doesn't revolve around me
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I do have a problem where i have difficulty with emotional regulation. Just felt and still feel really, really, really angry with Owers and still do although the aggressive and unnecessary nature of the posts may appear out of context which i am fully aware of. Still feel unexplainable disdain for Owers and feel randomly narked off when i read about him and people around him being paid to fail. Not an excuse but there you go.

You have a completely valid point Westie and IMO you are 100% correct. Apologies for any offence.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

If Owers fronted up, admitted he's failed, apologized and wished the club and fans all the best before resigning then he goes up a million times in my estimation and he will have done what pretty much nobody would do in the same situtaion despite similar situations occurring at clubs everywhere every season. It's common decency and the right thing to do IMO and Owers can walk off and we can forgive and forget.

Obviously he isn't going to do that and most would say why should he? He's under contract (i think) so has a right to stay until it runs out or he's sacked but i feel strongly that if it's beyond the realms of all doubt that one is totally mismanaging then they will be aware of this also and admit defeat.

Like Keegan did with England. Admit you aren't up to the job and get a job that is more suited to your skills and abilities.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Agree to a extent. Neck deep in it so might just aswell take us down or be his own saviour

It's been poor as though
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Yes he has been a big disappointment, 25 games so far and he has mustered 24 points and signed
about 20 players. Doesn't inspire much confidence for next season. If he doesnt have us in the
top 6 around October time, can he survive ? not in my view, but Osborne was quoted as saying, ' the more
I meet with him, the more convinced I am that he is the right man for the job' or words to that effect
I hope he is right, though as some will say, depends what the job is I suppose !
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 12:37 Should expect that as a given really managers doing the home work
Not sure that any of our other recent managers went off to suss out the next opposition.