Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

So you mean you don't really know, like the rest of us?

If you are certain then you know as fact.

If you are pretty certain then you THINK you know as fact which means you aren't actually certain. ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

We don't need a manager who defrauds the club by putting strikers on 'clean sheet' bonuses!
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

somersetgull wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 21:08 Fred Perry you very sad person. You was pointed out to me today, as I had the pleasure of standing in the away end with a moors fan today. I wonder why nobody talked to you and avoided you. You weren't even worth the effort to tell you face to face what a weirdo you are, as someone told me. Now run along back to your wonderful ground, if those stands haven't blown away yet!
You are full of BULLSHIT...

I wasn't at the game.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It sounds like Mr. Yorkieandy might like some light relief: so why not go to Penistone next Saturday, Mr. andy? There you will find Penistone Church playing Whitby Town in the First qualifying round of the FA Cup - and a giant-killing is definitely on the cards!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

arrywithanh wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 09:32 I am pretty certain it is all sewn up... and it will not be Cox or a so called 'legend'
So am I; it'll be Ronnie Moore according to a message I got this morning ~ let's see if it's so and if it is let's get him in and busy right now starting with the game tomorrow!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Can't decide if I'd be happy with Ronnie Moore or not.

On the one hand - experienced, tasted success, seems to have a normal amount of contacts in the game (like you'd hope from a "real" manager), knows the lower levels of the game, and didn't he do a Lazarus-like resurrection of Hartlepool a season or two back? Another club seemingly in terminal decline.

The other hand is the less than stellar spell at Eastleigh. I recall he did better than what Todd was doing, but didn't set the world alight. What were the circumstances around his departure.

That said, we NEED someone in now - it's already bordering on too late. Given the choice of Moore or a "local legend", it's Moore every time for me

EDIT - Just checked Ronnie Moore's stats from his Eastleigh tenure - 10 wins and 7 draws from 21 games. That'll more than do for me (although why did he leave?!). If he's the man, get him signed now
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

quite an interesting history
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Ronnie Moore would be a really positive appointment IMO although with a slight doubt.

His time at Hartlepool was nothing but positive. He kept them up when they needed to claw back a 10 point deficit at one stage and looked doomed. Yes he was sacked at the club eventually DID get relegated but when you consider Hartlepool have been a club like Torquay with endless off the field issues and in a bit of chaos then it was obvious they would go down at some point. Dave Jones had a go, couldn't arrest the slide. When a club is rotten inside then there is usually only one way it's going.

So you could look upon Moore's time at Hartlepool as a huge positive.

His time at Eastleigh is confusing although his record was still pretty good. Dave SG may be able to shed some light on things down at Eastleigh but it seems they are well backed and well run yet have had no luck with a succession of managers and it's difficult to understand why. Although i think they reached the play offs a few years ago.

I'd say Moore would be the best you could hope for although the only southern club he has managed (Eastleigh) he had options. I don't think he'd have much money down at Torquay and at his age now i think the whole deal would have to be spot on for him to consider the job.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Jeff wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 10:44The other hand is the less than stellar spell at Eastleigh. I recall he did better than what Todd was doing, but didn't set the world alight. What were the circumstances around his departure. Just checked Ronnie Moore's stats from his Eastleigh tenure - 10 wins and 7 draws from 21 games. That'll more than do for me (although why did he leave?!). If he's the man, get him signed now
He departed Eastleigh because of 'personal circumstances' the day after the 2-1 defeat at Maidstone - and just four days before an FA Cup second round tie against FC Halifax. An Eastleigh FC statement at the time said: “The club would like to announce that due to personal circumstances over the past few weeks the club have agreed to terminate Ronnie Moore’s contract with immediate affect [sic].”

He was immediately linked with a return to Rotherham United, the club he led to back-to-back promotions to the Championship ~ and where Kenny Jackett quit as manager three days before; but that job went to Paul Warne.

His record at Eastleigh was really good and a lot better than any of the no marks who have had the Plainmoor job achieved since Martin Ling left.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I would say compared to the last two disasters, Ronnie would be the special one
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

merse btpir wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 10:29 So am I; it'll be Ronnie Moore according to a message I got this morning ~ let's see if it's so and if it is let's get him in and busy right now starting with the game tomorrow!
Yes, he was there yesterday and yes he needs to get busy and fast.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

sgf wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 12:24 I would say compared to the last two disasters, Ronnie would be the special one
Oh I think Kevin and Chris were both in the 'special' category, certainly if judged by their signings and tactics... :B
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 09:23 Merse....hargreaves ...honestly please no

Can we now please draw the line at thE GOLDEN GENERATION OF PLAYERS OF 2007 ONWARDS
The good news for the weekend is that Chris Hargreaves has ruled himself out. On the radio yesterday, Geoff Harrop said that they were considering five applications. He has spoken to three - two more to speak to. He was very doubtful that an appointment would be made before the Woking game.

So that means ....... Chris Todd, Steve Tully, Martyn Rogers, Sean Joyce and ........... er, Robbie Herrera :whistle:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Just cannot see Moore coming that far south without the guaranteed budget or salary that he commanded at Eastleigh. He's a northern manager who manages predominantly northern clubs. He's not getting any younger either.

If Moore arrives then GI have chucked a few quid at this next chapter in TUFC history and they just don't do things like that.

Moore won't be coming.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

All fair points to raise Somersetgull but i don't expect a decent calibre of manager to be appointed nor any new manager to be given a budget that befits the football club. KN didn't have a great deal of money to spend and what he did have he spent badly but hardly GI sending out a statement that they mean business.