Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Interesting...press conference 2 o clock ?? Or just a website statement....???

I'm fully expecting something today....

Unless players all been given there notice ( not negative just some banter )
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 11:13 Interesting...press conference 2 o clock ?? Or just a website statement....???

I'm fully expecting something today....

Unless players all been given there notice ( not negative just some banter )

2 for 1 offer in No 10's?
TUST No 278
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Adams or Cox hopefully, we dont want the Premier League linked person in our position
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

brooker wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 11:06 Training starting later than usual today...
Or perhaps they need a long lie in after all their hard work over the weekend? :} :B
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

My feeling is that the new guy will either be a reasonably high profile ex player, like Kewell at Crawley or a manager used to managing atva much lower level.

If an experienced old head came in, like a Moore or Money then I'd be surprised.

My reasoning for this is because I think GI want a yes man or somebody so inexperienced but desperate to do well that they won't upset the applecart when they notice that things around them aren't quite as they should be.

A Ronnie Moore would 'do one' at the first sign of fishiness and GI don't want that extra hassle.

They'll appoint a fresh inexperienced ex player and make out that they are giving someone an opportunity of a lifetime to revive the clubs fortunes. He won't be on much either and GI can buy themselves time to go about their business spending very little and doing their business unhindered by an unhappy manager.

That's my theory anyway. Should I be wrong then I will be on here to hold my hands up and credit GI, albeit through gritted teeth.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Plausable yorkie , I'm hoping to be surprised in a good way because if I'm not and I won't be happy having to wait 2 weeks !!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

We will do well to get the Chuckle Brothers.

Clearly there was no succession planning or a person(s) lined up after the sacking of KN. KN could have stayed on while this was going on behind the scenes, we would be better off, we would have picked up points and at worst have a better goal difference!

The club is a joke, no communication to supports who care...
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Fair point , though I once went to Rotherham at the new York stadium and one of the chuckle brothers was there say in front of me. So maybe it will be one half the chuckle brothers . Can't say which one it was though
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 11:35we dont want the Premier League linked person in our position
Without knowing who it is or their CV since playing there; you don't really know what you're talking about do you!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 13:27 Without knowing who it is or their CV since playing there; you don't really know what you're talking about do you!
Maybe what he meant to say was that we don't want the Premier League linked person in our position IF that person has no managerial experience? I think in that instance he would have been right.

If the club appoint someone with no senior managerial experience for this role then they've not learned from past mistakes and in the process will have just thrown away NL status. (IMO)

Of course let's wait and see.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Thats correct Yorkieandy, I didnt phrase it well
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Point taken and if that person is who I think it might be then he has loads of experience of working under experienced managers and might well be part of a partnership with one of those such men ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 13:43 Point taken and if that person is who I think it might be then he has loads of experience of working under experienced managers and might well be part of a partnership with one of those such men ;-)
Still wouldn't be good enough.

Take Steve Bould at Arsenal. Been Wenger's assistant for ages now but when the chips are down he just hides in his comfort seat in the dugout, fails to take any responsibility and basically fails at his job. P*ss weak as any other tea that isn't Yorkshire tea.

The club need one man. One man who is experienced. One man who is accountable and doesn't need to babysit someone else. Can organise. Has contacts. Can create a culture of professionalism and discipline and who can churn out results under pressure and on a shoestring. Those men are hard to find but Torquay need one right now and today.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Is there deffo a press conference at 2 then? I can't find anything about that anywhere confirming it.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Herald now saying that it may be next week before the new man comes in. Have you just heard rumours Merse or anything solid?