Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 23:47 Let's give Nicho ten games and then see where we are.
I'll tell you where; exactly where the club is now, where it was last season and the season before and the one before that. Incredibly there are those that will accept that, make excuses over and over again and as long as it's a #legend in the manager's job; that's OK then.

The people get what the people accept and at Torquay it's mediocrity, excuses, self pity and hero worship towards no marks. When he is disposed of; Nicholson won't get another manager's job because he isn't good enough; just like Hargreaves and a host of other ill thought out appointments before him.

I'm already quite weary of it all this season and we're only a week in. We've got players quitting on their stools at half-time, Comical Ali defending and a fitness guru who not only looks like a **** in the technical area but behaved like one too last week when McNulty was sent off.....why does Jeffery have to be in the technical area anyway?

The whole lot need sweeping out and replacing!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Northampton gull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 23:00 Garry hill Gareth westley I think he is called don't count me on my spelling Paul sturrock Marcus bignot mark yeates
And you know for a fact they'd be up for managing Torquay? And would be better? Wasn't Westley dragging Newport into the conference when he got the boot? Sturrock and Yates' CV's aren't exactly glowing with their recent records either.

I'm not going to say the names listed aren't good, proven managers. Quite the opposite, a Garry Hill or a Marcus Bignot would be great. But could we afford having just paid off Nicholson? And have money left over for them to reassemble the squad. Not likely.

If (and that's a big if) Nicholson got the boot, the best we could expect would be another novice manager. Of course, their methods might work a treat. But there is equal chance they could be as bad or worse than KN.

KN is stretching the goodwill, no doubt about that. But there is a big case of being careful what you wish for. Didn't this place clamour for Ling to be ousted in favour of Alan Knill? Remind how that turned out again.......
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

What is wrong with people, this is not a bad start to the season it is a dreadful start. Pre-season was awful and so were the last two seasons. Those who don't feel the ongoing pain and frustration can not be real Torquay fans. We have been outperformed for three years by part time clubs, those who say no one can replace KN are deluded. There are literally thousands and thousands of players and managers available in the lower leagues and we currently continue to under achieve for a club our side. Even if we beat BW on Tues we will have 4 from 12 points which is a poor start, when will people finally stand up and say enough is enough.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

When I said about westley I was thinking yes it is a risk putting his name out there because yes he did poor with newport there is no denying that however he has done well before that with such jobs with Peterborough and Stevenage ect I get that Peterborough is a lot different to Torquay financially however what he dis with Stevenage was really good and mark yeates he did well at Cheltenham on not that much money and I put sturrock out there because he has been around the block for a long time now he is experienced and is known to be local to Torquay and will have picked up tips along his way with tactics and contacts which count be useful in an ideal world for me nico would be doing really good and we wouldn't have lost to gateshead that badly however that's not the case sadly however if he does get the boot or decides to leave I would have hill in straight away me personally he is my favourite out of the bunch
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Haha people suggesting Westly!
The blokes not all there!
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

What is wrong with people, this is not a bad start to the season it is a dreadful start. Pre-season was awful and so were the last two seasons. Those who don't feel the ongoing pain and frustration can not be real Torquay fans. We have been outperformed for three years by part time clubs, those who say no one can replace KN are deluded. There are literally thousands and thousands of players and managers available in the lower leagues and we currently continue to under achieve for a club our side. Even if we beat BW on Tues we will have 4 from 12 points which is a poor start, when will people finally stand up and say enough is enough.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

merse btpir wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 00:00 I'll tell you where; exactly where the club is now, where it was last season and the season before and the one before that. Incredibly there are those that will accept that, make excuses over and over again and as long as it's a #legend in the manager's job; that's OK then.

The people get what the people accept and at Torquay it's mediocrity, excuses, self pity and hero worship towards no marks. When he is disposed of; Nicholson won't get another manager's job because he isn't good enough; just like Hargreaves and a host of other ill thought out appointments before him.

I'm already quite weary of it all this season and we're only a week in. We've got players quitting on their stools at half-time, Comical Ali defending and a fitness guru who not only looks like a **** in the technical area but behaved like one too last week when McNulty was sent off.....why does Jeffery have to be in the technical area anyway?

The whole lot need sweeping out and replacing!
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

KN will not get the sack for one reason only. IT WILL COST GI MONEY!
TUST MEMBER
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I wouldn't be too sure about that, when they see the next few home attendances as a result of our poor start,
I dont think they will mess around. Nicholson needs a couple of wins smartish to save himself
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

desperado wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 08:05 I wouldn't be too sure about that, when they see the next few home attendances as a result of our poor start,
I dont think they will mess around. Nicholson needs a couple of wins smartish to save himself
Possibly - it would be an accountancy decision though not a footballing one.
TUST MEMBER
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

While I m firmly in the give it another 5 games camp, I do share Merse's observations regarding Simon Jefferies. His behaviour in the technical area during the Tranmere game was a joke. Our fitness levels are poor, so what is he giving to TUFC, a gym to train at?? What credentials does he have regarding football coaching or fitness conditioning.
It seems to me that we could do with extra training ground work and skills coaching not squats, deadlifts or tyre pushing. I don't know whether its just me or are we just paranoid about strength training and looking good in front of a mirror.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

Neal wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 07:56 KN will not get the sack for one reason only. IT WILL COST GI MONEY!
That is another concern
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Milner33 wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 08:54 That is another concern
From what I understand it would only cost six months wages to sack Nicholson. So if gates do drop then it wont hold GI back from doing what should have been done long ago.
The only logical reason for GI wanting to keep Nicholson is because failure on the pitch is part of their long term strategy.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 09:22 From what I understand it would only cost six months wages to sack Nicholson. So if gates do drop then it wont hold GI back from doing what should have been done long ago.
The only logical reason for GI wanting to keep Nicholson is because failure on the pitch is part of their long term strategy.
Yes - I share that suspicion. The longer they can blame our underperformance on our stadium, the more likely the gullible and easily pleased amongst the fanbase will lap it up.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Well! These opinions outdo (almost, not quite) last season's desperate rants. Not having seen United for the past three and a half seasons I don't have the gall to make pontifical pronouncements, so I have to go - more or less - on what is written on this forum. However, what I do read doesn't seem at all promising for the forthcoming season. Of course, the usual - always part-time - nutters come and go while the true supporters remain (which is why I always pay attention to brucie's opinions). For all that, the forum continues to provide light relief and, in this case, wild hilarity, for no-one in the universe could have conjured up such a figure as GARRY BIGOT. There must be a scriptwriter or a purveyor of jokes to a comedian who can do something with this wondrous creation. Garry Bigot - I salute you!