Guardian Article On Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Thankyou ~ and never forget (when you call for a fans forum) how Phillips and his board sat there and lied when they said Gaming International were not the future owners..........or if they were not lying they were bloody buffoons believing they had sold it to someone else before they had the deal signed, sealed and delivered.

They were warned of Harrop and GI on the forums almost twelve months before they lost their shares to them; yet still Phillips and Noble publicly called us Keyboard Wankers whilst Balson sniggered behind his hand
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Now we have had someone fighting in our corner against the Machiavellian Osborne we need to be extra vigilant........

Observing what is happening at Leyton Orient, they are now on the neglect phase from their malevolent owners. Since a cautious and peaceful joint protest with Blackpool fans against bad ownership before the match between the clubs in November, figurehead owner Francesco Becchetti has not shown up for a game and refused to sanction any squad additions (having taken over in 2014 amid a blaze of expensive, ill-advised signings).

In January the club issued a bizarre and insulting statement on their website, from the chief executive, Alessandro Angelieri, implying the protest was the reason Becchetti is no longer attending matches. The statement also criticised individual players and made the staggering assertion that when Becchetti took over, “a squad without future was inherited”. This future-less squad had just secured Orient’s highest league placing for 32 years, missing promotion to the Championship in 2014 in a Wembley shootout defeat by Rotherham United. Angelieri’s broadside signed off with the claim that Becchetti’s presence was missed by the players. "Mr Becchetti has a great charisma and the players definitely feel his absence,” he said.

If we are angry at what happened during the last week of National League registrations, just think what could happen in the summer!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Even if tomorrow's result confirms the worst at least matters are hotting up off the pitch with some much needed accountability being demanded from Osborne, Torbay Council and the local press.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Really good article. Good work MERSE.
TQ_1
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by TQ_1 »

You are all so ill-informed...get a grip!! 'Merse' should really have checked his facts before making such bold statements... Now, I would like to see some 'honest' reporting/commenting and concentrate on hoping and praying that we can, by some miracle stay up. Get behind the club instead of being sooo negative ALL THE TIME!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Yeah right........
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

and the positives are?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

TQ_1 wrote: 16 Apr 2017, 19:18 You are all so ill-informed...get a grip!! 'Merse' should really have checked his facts before making such bold statements... Now, I would like to see some 'honest' reporting/commenting and concentrate on hoping and praying that we can, by some miracle stay up. Get behind the club instead of being sooo negative ALL THE TIME!
Well sue him then Clarke :na:
Lucy
TQ_1
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by TQ_1 »

Well, youre right, the positives are well out of reach but we can but hope!! Fact: the club would not have made it through this season without the financial backing of gaming international, whom have continued to help KN out, supplied money for players etc and in my view it's his mistakes (inexperience) that have us were we are, that and Steve Breeds utter failings! So many on this group are blinkered and will not accept what's really going on and (again) so negative... I hope you all sit in the away end tomorrow!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

TQ1 - an interesting first post from??
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

TQ_1 wrote: 16 Apr 2017, 19:43 Well, youre right, the positives are well out of reach but we can but hope!! Fact: the club would not have made it through this season without the financial backing of gaming international, whom have continued to help KN out, supplied money for players etc and in my view it's his mistakes (inexperience) that have us were we are, that and Steve Breeds utter failings! So many on this group are blinkered and will not accept what's really going on and (again) so negative... I hope you all sit in the away end tomorrow!!
In case you're not aware the away end is standing only.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

TQ_1 wrote: 16 Apr 2017, 19:18 You are all so ill-informed...get a grip!! 'Merse' should really have checked his facts before making such bold statements... Now, I would like to see some 'honest' reporting/commenting
Yes I'm all for that which is why I post under my own name or at least who I am commonly referred to.
Who the feck is 'TQ1'?

When you are prepared to put your head above the parapet and show some transparency ~ which is what we were promised by the last board and never got ~ you can make your accusations with some substance.

i can’t help thinking that Osborne and his sidekick Rich thought they would breeze in to town and deal with the supporters they way they dealt with Phillips, Balson and their special adviser Masters… and make themselves a nice little earner … but as the saying goes … ‘Not on our watch’.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Can't we just start a phoenix club and get back to enjoying our football club again? Then GI and the council have no power because what they do or decide to do cannot affect us anymore.

I for one find all this whole saga embarrassing and tiresome and wonder why fans want the club to stay up anyway when faced with more of this same infantile mud slinging.

The club will be in the conference south next season. I think most of us with half a brain cell can work that out so what's the top line on attendances next season? A thousand maybe?

Do a thousand people want to plod on down to Plainmoor again next season for more of the same or do a thousand people want to say enough is enough. We'll f*cking well do it OUR way from here on in?

Start afresh with a new direction and a core group of people who actually want the best for the football club. Does it matter what league?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

TQ_1 wrote: 16 Apr 2017, 19:18 You are all so ill-informed...get a grip!! 'Merse' should really have checked his facts before making such bold statements... Now, I would like to see some 'honest' reporting/commenting and concentrate on hoping and praying that we can, by some miracle stay up. Get behind the club instead of being sooo negative ALL THE TIME!
Evening Clarke.. :)
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I agree to date GI have seen fit to deal with Torquay fans with virtual distain . Well done Merse. Well done Michael.