Can we Survive? 10 Games Remaining.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Thanks. As Sparkes was carried off on a stretcher it would be remarkable if he were able to take part on Saturday. I was clutching at straws as he's a key player.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

As Brucie says 3 points against Chester and we are halfway there. We must go all out to win this as the next
two at Aldershot, where we should have around 600-700 fans ? and Lincoln we will do well to get 1 pt from
Then its Braintree who could be really sucked into it by then, if they lose at York on saturday then at home to
Dover. Some interesting last day games too, hope the top teams are still fighting for title/play off places or
could be resting players
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Results predictions b*ggered up today, eh Portugal? Like you, i thought we needed to win our last three home games, or at least two wins and a draw. The odds are stacked against us now. However, football being as it is, it can all change again next week.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 17:43 Sparkes won't be involved on Saturday, not enough recovery time.
Not always right SG
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

lucy6lucy wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 16:58 It's down to us to stay up, not to rely on others. Our run in is tough, but somehow this can work in our favour, as strange as that sounds

My prediction:

Tranmere. Lose

Now basing these predictions on at least 2 proven additions.
Eastleigh. Draw
Wrexham. Draw
Solihull. Win
Chester. Lose
Aldershot. Lose
Lincoln. Lose
Braintree. Win
Dover. Lose
North ferriby.win

That's 11 points. To finish on 49, 50 if down to goal difference. Is 49 going to keep us up. It's going to the wire.
Looking like my prediction will see us on 49 points, at the time of my original post it may have been enough, after today's results we are down for good, 52 is the target I reckon. Conference south here we come, and GI in charge
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 20:52 Not always right SG
Nope. On this occasion happy to be told my sauce was wong and will expect a told you so from Nick :bow:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Not the sauce but the source!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wong sauce ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Brown or ketchup?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Ar-so!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

All we have to do tomogull to get back on track is to win at Aldershot next Saturday!

I watched Gulls Player and at Wrexham we seemed to play way better than the Home team but again the referee gave Wrexham a penalty when there was no flag from the Linesman who was 10 yards away.

We can still survive and never give up hope. This is Torquay United and we have a long history of putting the fans through purgatory.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The thing is Portugal; in these days of two way radio communication between the officials; there is less need for an embarrassing flag that would be unwelcome by the man in the middle if he has already committed himself to a decision than there used to be.

As I saw that Wrexham decision, I felt the lino did have a more relevant view as to the allegation that the Wrexham forward took a touch with his hand and then convoluted a trip; but with lino and ref both' looking through the same line' from opposite ends it is understandable that the lino was standing by a pre-match instruction to leave those decisions to the ref, because that is quite normal in pre-match instructions from the ref to the linesmen.

I'm not saying the right decision was arrived at but attempting to explain how it was come to
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I think I would settle for being mathematically 'alive' at kick off time on the last day with us having to beat
North Ferriby and rely on other teams losing or drawing
Possibly 2 of, us Woking and Braintree to go down, think York will be clear by then, their next four fixtures
are not too tough and they are on the up
As I said before as we cant score goals I would have no confidence in beating North Ferriby
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

desperado wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 14:26 I think I would settle for being mathematically 'alive' at kick off time on the last day with us having to beat
North Ferriby and rely on other teams losing or drawing
Possibly 2 of, us Woking and Braintree to go down, think York will be clear by then, their next four fixtures
are not too tough and they are on the up
As I said before as we cant score goals I would have no confidence in beating North Ferriby
I think you can also throw Maidstone into the equation - they have a tough run in too.
Also, with York, I am expecting them to slip up somewhere - hopefully sooner than later and if that happens, I think they will struggle.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I agree that it will probably be two from Torquay, Woking & Braintree, to join Ferriby & Southport.

York have fairly easy fixtures and are in form.
Maidstone have seven games to play, not easy fixtures, but are also on form – 10 points from last 4 games.

Fixtures are -

Woking -

Barrow A
Macclesfield H
Chester A
York H
Dagenham A

Braintree -

Dover H
Guisley H
Torquay A
Barrow H
Aldershot A

Current points & GD are –

Braintree 45 -20
Woking 44 -16
Torquay 43 -11

Hopefully York won’t be safe when they play Woking & Dagenham won’t be assured of playoff spot, otherwise those games will become easier for Woking.
I’d estimate 7 points for Woking taking them to 52.

We have to assume that we’ll beat Braintree to have any hope, but I estimate 6 points for Braintree taking them to 51.

In that case, assuming we lose at Lincoln but don’t get a hammering that brings down our goal difference, then we’ll need to bear Ferriby (as well as Braintree) and win at either Aldershot or Dover.

Aldershot is crucial. Lose that and Lincoln and we’ll be adrift, probably needing to win the last three matches to have much hope, including Dover away.

Looking at York & Maidstone, I can’t see them not reaching at least 51, so we’d still need 8 points, and as I can’t see anything other than defeats at Lincoln & Dover, that means winning at Aldershot, who have won their last four and need the points to stay in the play offs.

It’s not looking good.