Can we Survive? 10 Games Remaining.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I think a win at Solihull on Tuesday will be pivotal. Then as for the three away games of Aldershot, Dover, Lincoln we just need to go there with a nothing to lose attitude as no one is realsitly expecting anything from them games! We've had many a games where we didn't expect to get anything from the FGR games, Tranmere etc.. 0 points from them 3, meh didn't expect anything anyway, 1,3,4,6,7,9 points.. Bonus!

10 points to go, let's do it!!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

When I started this thread on 12 March I predicted 52 points for United.
After last nights crucial win at Solihull we are on target as my forecasts for the remaining 6 games were,and still are, 3 home wins, with terrific fan support for the team at Plainmoor and 3 away defeats. Very unlikely I know that all results will turn out as forecast.
If this happens 52 points will surely mean survival.
I think the despicable behaviour of the new owners and their puppet Harrop have resulted in a "Winston Churchill" spirit in Nicho and his team that we will not be defeated.
Our job now is to turn up in numbers for each Home game and support the players to the hilt.
COYY
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If and it's a big IF we stay up, it will be DESPITE the efforts of Osborne and his crony and NOT because of it!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If we all get behind KN and the team, then we have a good chance of surviving the season.

But will we survive the summer? Will GI continue to refuse to invest in the squad? Will we be able to sign any new players at all? Will Harrop continue to make things awkward for KN? Will we have a team at all next season? Or even a club?

Perhaps a phoenix club is the way to go. Hereford FC are slowly clawing their way back with two successive promotions. Wimbledon have already done it. Never give up..
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Last night's late winner was massive, what it has done is pull us back close to a number of clubs who will be "looking over their shoulder" with increasing anxiety.

Having had a look at the run ins of Southport and North Ferriby, I don't expect either to reach even our current points total of 43. I think we need to make sure that we stay above Woking and I reckon three more wins (probably from our home games) should do the job although with our superior (provided it stays that way!) goal difference I would take 2 wins and a couple of draws right now if they were on offer!

Although they have some ground to make up, and they do have the distraction of an FA Trophy final to prepare for, I am convinced that York City will get themselves well out of trouble in the final reckoning. When you look at their current form, and their remaining fixtures I expect them to finish with a points total around the mid fifties.

However, there are plenty of teams just above us that I do believe we can overhaul - the likes of Maidstone, Braintree and Guiseley as well as even Solihull - even though they are already on 48 points - and even Bromley on 49 (but on a dreadful run of only 4 points from the last 8 games) still need a few more points to be secure.

It may be that 50 points will be enough but I would like 52 just to be on the safe side!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Agree that 50 points would be optimistic; I feel 52 should be the target. If Sparkes has a chance of being fit for Saturday that would be a big boost. York look like repeating our "Great Escape" of last season so it's Southport, North Ferriby + 2 others - and even at this late stage of the season it's take your pick from about six teams.
Six games and 18 points to play for - three on Saturday would be gold!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Sparkes won't be involved on Saturday, not enough recovery time.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

DT seems to believe he could be. That's why I said,"..has a chance of playing".
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 17:43 Sparkes won't be involved on Saturday, not enough recovery time.
Courtney Richards has been in full training since March 17 - so might add numbers to our already depleted squad (courtesy of GI)
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If we were to go down:

I could live with it, if collectively, we did everything in our power and budget to avoid relegation however we all know this to be untrue.

Osborne and his crony Harrop have attempted a very underhanded form of Constructive dismissal at the expense of our Club and National League status.

KN had a " Back me or bin me" conversation on the Sunday.
TUFC promulgated this conversation on our official website saying a couple of signings are on their way!

Then the promised signing were withdrawn and our clubs future was left in the lap of the Gods, by our so called Owner and Director.

Unforgivable back stabbing bastards!

It wouldn't sursprise me if Gerring and Duke stay on loan for the rest of the season!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

MellowYellow wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 18:24 Courtney Richards has been in full training since March 17 - so might add numbers to our already depleted squad (courtesy of GI)
He said last night whilst participating in the warm up he will be fine for Saturday
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

lucy6lucy wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 16:58 It's down to us to stay up, not to rely on others. Our run in is tough, but somehow this can work in our favour, as strange as that sounds

My prediction:

Tranmere. Lose

Now basing these predictions on at least 2 proven additions.
Eastleigh. Draw
Wrexham. Draw
Solihull. Win
Chester. Lose
Aldershot. Lose
Lincoln. Lose
Braintree. Win
Dover. Lose
North ferriby.win

That's 11 points. To finish on 49, 50 if down to goal difference. Is 49 going to keep us up. It's going to the wire.
My predictions not far off so far. Even more surprising that results had additions added in.
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Can we survive ? Yes ! Will we survive ? Ah ..... that's a different question. I go along with Lucy's predictions, except I shall be disappointed if we don't get something from the Chester game. Like Portugull, I think we need to win those last three home games. In my opinion, we will be fortunate to get anything from the three away games, but as we all know - the one thing about predicting football results is that it's unpredictable ! My concern is that we are not putting away chances. Apparently, there were chances going begging in the Wresham game and again last night.

All six are vital games of course but the most vital one of all is on Easter Monday against Braintree. Braintree have got a tough run-in, starting with an away match at York on Saturday. They also have to play play-off hopefuls Barrow and Aldershot. So in spite of their recent good run, I think they could end up in trouble.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

nickbrod wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 18:17 DT seems to believe he could be. That's why I said,"..has a chance of playing".
Wasn't getting at you, Nick. Just reliable information to the contrary.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com