Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Mrdistance wrote:I know some of you think I am some one else , I am a football consultant who was asked by the club to find a investor I started in October and did what I could , I do not live near. Torquay and my only connection is that I was with another football club and.visited when both were in football league . Please look out in the paper for our side of events

Thank. You
Mrdistance wrote:I can assure everyone the Chinese group were real. I was one of two reps in uk for them. Had number of discussions with board , Agree we came in very late and mostvof the paperwork had been done with GI , but we were convinced we could stop deal and have ours taking , club decided they needed cash injections Friday so stuck with GI I am very disappointed .
Spot the difference.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Thank you gullpower for posting a template letter for Torbay Council. I will get my copy in the post asap.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Best not for everyone to copy and paste the same letter. It will have far more effect if the Council receive 2000 individual letters letting them know how important the club is to it's community. If we all send the same letter it will lessen the effect.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Give Gilbert a game wrote:Odds of Osborne now being there have shortened to evens in the last 5 minutes ... Should have bet ante- post !
I bloody did!

You're on the hook for half a mill, sunshine :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Fonda wrote:What a disgusting, deceitful and ultimately devastating collaboration. An absolute disgrace that people with the supposed interests of the club at heart have allowed this to happen on their watch. This is on them. I’m talking about the so-called ‘supporters’ in the directors box, the self-serving ‘hired help’ from Cornwall and the local paper that have failed to report any of this in a non-biased, investigative manner. Even the governing bodies, and their less-than-watertight rules that allow anyone, whatever their intentions, purchase and destroy the very organisations they have a duty of care to protect. These people were collectively the guardians of our football club, and they’ve let us all down. Those that supported the club in the past, those that continue to stand by it, and those that would’ve come after us. We’re the victims of a crime. Our final hope is the council? Might as well put the padlocks on the turnstiles now. They’re so broke, and morally corrupt there’s not a chance they’ll stand in the way of a cash windfall. All of these are complicit in a whitewash - the destruction of what, in most towns, would be considered a vital element of the community. The local football club should be cherished, and protected. Not sold off, for personal gain. This will forever be their legacy. If they had an ounce of conscience among them they’d stop it. There is still time. I’m not holding my breath.
:goodpost:

Very good and passionate posting. It says it all really.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Andrew Candy's post on TUST update is worth a look.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

It certainly is worth looking at.... there seems to be some substance to the Chinese investors with a limited company being formed in October and the representative being named. If this is all as it appears then there are some further question marks over Dave Phillips handling of the situation. If its not as it seems, then why would you bother working up such a hoax.
Another question for Dave Thomas to raise, if of course he is a real journalist
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

From the Herald online article:

But I understand that some members of previous United boards may be approached to become directors again and a role in the boardroom for a representative of TUST is also being seriously considered.

If they follow through with this then it is good news but are they just appeasing fans? Actions speak louder than words.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html

Join TUST. Dream in yellow.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting to see what intent GI have in staying in this league. We need investment now in our squad.

So lets see what they do, they talk about reviewing all aspects of the club. We all can review the playing squad in 5 minutes. Nico needs investment now.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html

"the small outgoing board of supporter-directors are all expected to leave.

But I understand that some members of previous United boards may be approached to become directors again"

As long as it's Alex Rowe and not Bill Phillips. ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jerry wrote:http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html

"the small outgoing board of supporter-directors are all expected to leave.

But I understand that some members of previous United boards may be approached to become directors again"

As long as it's Alex Rowe and not Bill Phillips. ;-)
Seconded
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Rjc70 wrote:Andrew Candy's post on TUST update is worth a look.
a link would be handy please?
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Andrew Candy's post on TUST update is clearly something sent to TUST by a person claiming to represent the Chinese group, that's been copied and pasted, it seems convincing enough to be fair and we all know Andrew Candy wouldn't have re-posted it with out checking it, however, it contains no actual proof of anything, it just leaves of us with a case of one persons truth against another's. And as we know, there's two sides to every story, and often neither side is 100% the truth.

If we ended up with the a TUST board member and someone like Alex Rowe back on the board, that would go along way to appease the fans, but of course, that's got to actually happen first.
Formerly known as forevertufc