Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

I'm off to bed with some Paracetamol and a bottle of 5* Remy Martin - tomorrow will be a very bad day - trust me!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I totally agree with Nickbrod. The future of the club is at risk because people in Torbay are totally unaware of the crisis. We could be sold to sharks or liquidated tomorrow because the local newspaper never lets United off the back page and because the board who saved the club have run out of money and optimism. I do believe we could get a gate of 4,000 at Plainmoor on Boxing Day ( thus buying precious weeks to try to achieve anyone other than the Dog Trap ). There are three home games now in January it can still be done... IF the position were publicly and adequately aired with a positive spin instead of despair. . The Herald Express could lead a crusade to save the club as a real football club, the Board could get their belief back - just for one final month. TOGETHER we can still get out of this mire... Come on it's the 11th hour lets get it together - FANS- BOARD- PRESS.
Please give us a month - a positive month- we can still do this..!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What if Masters isn't involved and it's just GI?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Unfortunately, even if the whole of Torbay WAS aware of the crippling situation at TQ1, how many would genuinely care? I've said it so many times on here. The local population isn't bothered by TUFC. They don't turn out in their thousands when we're doing well so why would they come when we're so poor and going to the wall.....allegedly.

I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrows announcement says that a statement will be made on Monday. Then we all get another 2-3 days to worry.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Have your say-Westcountry TV LIVE at Painmoor tonight from 6PM.
Contact Matthias Kurth [email protected] Mob: 07824 415286
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38339945

Basically he has no clue either. What a shock.

Absolutely sick of waiting for the inevitable to happen.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The club not being taken over today will be a positive. The only deal on the table is GI. As Scott suggests above - even Masters has walked away. IF the club can find a way to carry on for a another month than there is hope a suitable new owner can be found. IF they sign the club over today then we are toast.

Let us all hope that a last minute push to find resources and convince the board to carry on for now is successful. There would be many hurdles to clear after this one but at least we will still be in the race.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

A last minute one month stay of execution is the best we can hope for today. If that happens all real / genuinely interested parties must put differences aside to work collaboratively to do whatever's needs to be done to free the club from the GI tumour first and foremost. Going into administration would be a price worth paying for that's as at least could then rebuild. The absolute key would be full disclosure of all facts by those in the know, confidentiality agreements advice all well and good but they are awfully hard to actually enforce so I don't buy them being used as the excuses they have been.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If the club isn't taken over today it is dead. The only likely 'new' owner at the end of today was GI. It sounds like they are bottling out. If there was a realistic chance of another potential owner coming forward they would have done so by now; that means any credible candidate has looked at the situation and decided it was a non starter.
TUST ?, forget it. It is far too late in the day for them to raise the necessary finance before the end of January and even if they could they would have just been writing out cheques to GI, Masters, Thea et al. leaving nothing to invest in the club.
We have got to face it; the only hope is GI taking over and keeping the club alive just long enough to give TUST the time to persuade them to sell the remnants to TUST.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Would Theo step in again at the last minute??
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

For her sake I hope not, her family have done more than could reasonably be expected and they've been shafted by successive boards.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Pilgrimboy53
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tony scott

Post by Pilgrimboy53 »

don't do it the a you got screwed over by the likes of Boyce Philips and co where are they now Erm sinking ship springs to mind
Pilgrimboy53
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tony scott

Post by Pilgrimboy53 »

From an argyle supporter I wanna say don't give up Devon football needs Torquay United good luck
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Plymouth Gull wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38339945

Basically he has no clue either. What a shock.

Absolutely sick of waiting for the inevitable to happen.
He can call fans keyboard wankers all he likes but Phillips is the wanker

He is so determined to get his investment back it will be the end of the club

Supporter? You must be mad hes so blinded by greed and his ego he cant see the wood for the trees
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

If we do survive the day, the TUST and the directors HAVE to find a way of putting their differences behind them and working together over the next few weeks. This will of course involve both sides forgiving and forgetting mistakes made, trusts that have been breached and putting personal gripes aside and I just hope all those involved are big enough to do this for the benefit of the club, which is ultimately what they are all working towards (or say they are).