Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bobbytanz63
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by Bobbytanz63 »

Worrying times I fear? I have stayed off here as things have got worse but didn't offer my advisory services to the Board via Rob Stanley which was turned down. my background is in Corporate recovery and restructuring so I know all about Administrations, Liquidations and such like !!!

IF and it's a BIG IF the worse happen she the I will be on the case, to try and help and allay fears. I'm a season ticket holder and support for over 35 years.

I believe that if the club does pursue a rescu mechanism then a former sponsor may well be appointed !!!!

Fingers crossed that come Friday we hear about new owners and all fears are put to bed !
Bobbytanz63
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by Bobbytanz63 »

Correction DID offer ........
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Just another example of the board not wanting to accept advice from those who know better?
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

I want to believe that Masters has noble intentions and that this situation will be resolved for the good...but I want to believe anything which will save the club that I have loved for my entire life.

In support of Masters: he has had success at Truro, he seems genuinely interested in football and not just stadium development and when he was the alleged preferred bidder a couple of years ago no one would have been too sad to have seen him come in. Against Masters is the silence which he has kept - a reassuring statement at this time would be all that he would need in order to quell some fears. The only shred of hope I have left is that GI will somehow go away with a Masters/Truro/stadium deal but I do not hold my breath.

If this club is to die then it will take a part of me and many of you with it. Please don't take my Torquay away...
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

northlondongull wrote:I want to believe that Masters has noble intentions and that this situation will be resolved for the good...but I want to believe anything which will save the club that I have loved for my entire life.

In support of Masters: he has had success at Truro, he seems genuinely interested in football and not just stadium development and when he was the alleged preferred bidder a couple of years ago no one would have been too sad to have seen him come in. Against Masters is the silence which he has kept - a reassuring statement at this time would be all that he would need in order to quell some fears. The only shred of hope I have left is that GI will somehow go away with a Masters/Truro/stadium deal but I do not hold my breath.

If this club is to die then it will take a part of me and many of you with it. Please don't take my Torquay away...
:goodpost:

Your last point is heartfelt and you aren't alone, I'd be devasted to lose my team, heartbroken.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

To be honest I don't care if it is Masters as long as he comes out and speaks about his intentions and plans going forward

We have had nothing from this current board, who at times have been out right disrespectful to the fans,

We NEED new ownership and we NEED communication.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Pay more attention to what you're being told by someone who knows. Take your egos and your personal misgivings about me out of it and ask yourselves:

Is Matt obviously very closely connected to the club?
Has he been suspiciously quiet of late?
Does this post not seem very oddly pessimistic for an ordinarily optimistic chap?

There is a user on here, on this very thread no less, who knows what I know and we had a laugh about this thread shortly before I posted it, saying how it would pan out and we were right.

I don't need the approval of an online community to validate my existence. Please don't take this the wrong way, but none of you means enough to me for that to be so much as a consideration.
I often know things in advance of their becoming public knowledge. I say nothing because a new player or a failed loan approach don't really matter. This, conversely, does matter. It matters a great deal. I gave very serious thought to the question of posting this thread because it gives out information which, barely 6 weeks ago, I argued vehemently that none of us has a right to know. I still believe in that principle. However, I believe that in these gravely exceptional circumstances, the information I have offered is appropriate. This is an issue between me, my God and my moral compass.

As aforementioned, I'm not here to earn the validation of some strangers on the Internet. The title of the thread was carefully chosen in order to set the tone. I've no interest in showing off what I know or the fact that I know it at all. There is nothing boastworthy about that. I made this thread and the opening post therein to offer fair warning to those of you not privy to the full picture.
As any Arsenal fan will tell you, it's the hope that kills you. Better you are prepared for what is to come.

For what it is worth, there are a small group of people for whom this will strike especially hard. My efforts are today and in the near future to be directed towards improving their lot. Interested parties know exactly how to reach me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wubble U wrote:Who's your source ferarrilover? Merse and SG? Because you're just repeating what they have said.
As anyone who has been on this forum long enough will know, he has something of a reputation for pretending to have inside knowledge.
15 replies so far will at least give that ego a good massage
Yes, rising to the bait etc.

Can't say.
No.
Yes, but I say it from a position of knowledge, not mental health issues.
I'm one of a tiny number of people for whom it's not a reputation for guesswork and falsehood, but a proven-in-black-and-white fact. You're preaching to the converted.
As far as I know, replies to threads I have started exceed 3000. A 0.5% uplift on this is, well, just about the most meaningless thing I can imagine.

Lucy, while I'm here:

No one knows the details of the takeover? Not the Board, not the buyers, the lawyers, the staff, the accountants, friends and family of all of the above?
It doesn't matter how I know, I just do. As you so adroitly observe, burying your head firmly in the sand is your provocative (can't find the winking smilie on m'phone). Who the hell would I have to believe myself to be to say otherwise? All I'd advise, as one gent to another, for your sake not mine, do as the thread title says and brace yourself. You've nothing to lose.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

When the going gets tough, the TUST get going.

Join TUST. Dream in yellow :scarf:

Chant for the FGR game?
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

As someone pointed out somewhere else, all the people who don't read the forums will have virtually no idea of what is going on behind the scenes. The TUFC Facebook page is going on about Junior Gulls and other stuff, and getting a like or two. And all this other stuff is going on behind the scenes in the meantime.

I have been a season ticket holder for a few years now, and I go with a group of 4 mates. They don't read the forums at all, and are basically non-the-wiser; how many fans are like that I wonder? But I suppose come Friday, everyone will know of the same fate :(
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:As you so adroitly observe, burying your head firmly in the sand is your provocative (can't find the winking smilie on m'phone).
Matt.
Prerogative? :)
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

So I been reading and waiting and really no one really knows ..... what about this masters bloke doing a torquay Truro merger. Of course we wouldn't want that ...but could it or would it work. ...

It's all i can thibk too contribute
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Await grim news from TU today .. the end is nigh.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, the news is bad; but the glimmer of hope lies in the new contributor: what a great name! I've always liked the odd and funny names that appear on this site, and Tired Old Gull is one of the best - almost at the Give Gilbert A Game and Bert level of amusement. Also, old codgers, note Tired Old Gull's favourite player; were it not for the forever great Stubbsy John Smith would be mine, too.