Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Not mushroom, but certainly not representing any Chinese investors either....unless he has gone up into the world very quickly
Fair enough Scott, though I'm certain I've seen this posting style before, so George or the other maybe.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

It's unsubstantiated rumour. He's said what he will be doing press wise. Proof in pudding. Move on. Now then, who are our current owners..?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

What I cant understand is this. We have run out of money in December. Now if I were the owner of the club the playing budget would have been set to last the season. Its an easy equation, (season tickets + turnstile money + other income) - running costs = players budget.

Now they could have expected larger attendances yes, but we are hardly half way through the season, it don't add up!

Now the playing budget might have meant part-time or almost certain relegation but if the above equation had been published at the start of the season Im sure many would have been supportive of it. Why hide it, the boatrd are meant to be fans so if the above had been published they would have got a lot of credit for being honest.
TUST MEMBER
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Neal - selling Season Tickets at Primark prices was one of many mistakes, leading to a funding crisis halfway through the season. Many people say that David Phillips is committed to TUFC and is a nice guy, and I don't doubt it. But he has been totally out of his depth as TUFC chairman and as far as we can tell, has had little support from the other Board members who have kept their heads well below the parapet. He seems to have been dominated by Peter Masters and IF the GI deal goes ahead tomorrow as stated, I fear that it is the end of Torquay United as we know it, especially if, as being rumoured, that they have come back on board because they think they have a good chance of buying the freehold of Plainmoor.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Mrdistance wrote:Neal. Most likely I agree , I'm working as a consultant for them so not my money But can say I have spoken to. Rob. Sharon and Nicho and they know who I am . Money was going to be invested on top of the £640 k needed to buy club and keep it going until June . Council have agreed to sell the land to new owners :O , Chinese happy to buy of course but you can not sell it until new ground is bulky in a few years .
Whether Mr Distance is bullsh1tting or not, I believe this to be true, which is very very worrying as it seems that the Club has just been sold to a group of property developers.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

There's an Adrian Sanders Facebook comment posted on one of the other forums. Here's a snippet.

"Following my suspicions I asked the following at November's Full Council meeting:
Question (7) by Councillor Sanders to the Mayor and Executive Lead for Regeneration and Finance (Mayor Oliver)
If he will list the dates, times and venues when and where he has met with officials of Torquay United AFC to discuss the future of Plainmoor and alternative ground locations since May 2015?
Answer - Mayor Oliver:
10/06/15 – Town Hall, 2.00pm
12/10/15 – Town Hall, 4.30pm
19/01/16 – Town Hall, 4.30pm
23/02/16 – Town Hall, 3.00pm
24/05/16 – Town Hall, 2.00pm
19/07/16 – Town Hall, 5.00pm
06/09/16 – Tor Hill House, 5pm
20/09/16 – Town Hall, 8.30am

That's an awful lot of meetings, and all were held in secret".
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

The key to saving the Club would seem to be protecting Plainmoor from development by GI.

We need to make a shitstorm of noise to let the powers that be now that they cannot operate under the radar. We need to let them know we're out there.

I have written to both of my councillors (both of whom replied positively - although one is Adrian Sanders), the Mayor Gordon-Secret-Meeting-Oliver! and Kevin Foster MP (who have yet to reply).

It would be the best Christmas present if it turned out that GI had bought TUFC with their best interests in mind and with the aim of taking them into the first division but with their track record and the shenanigans so far I can't see it happening.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

I don't suppose the Vanarama Conference have heard of fit and proper persons/due dillegence.

Also in a previous statement it was mentioned the GI wanted to put £500k into the Club........look where £300k that this board put in has got us.

The investment would need to run into millions before we correct this mess and GI wont do that.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's started already.

Rob Stanley suspended, great move in my book.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Southampton Gull wrote:It's started already.

Rob Stanley suspended, great move in my book.
Is this in 'news print' or something you've heard, Dave?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I'm beginning to believe MrDistance!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Phillips is a liar. Osborne is a liar. Masters is a liar. These three have been in cahoots for ages. Any fool could see what was going to happen. All of them were photographed at Cheltenham races groping each other. Quite sickening really.

It must be blindingly obvious why Phillips got rid of Steve Breed at the end of last season. Does anyone really believe that Phillips has lost his original investment and hasn't been "bunged" by GI?

Just don't believe a word of it. Shyster Phillips wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the arse.

What outfit purchases a football club and then don't even fess up to watch their team play or indeed face the press. Well GI precisely cause all we are going to get is a "statement".

These feckers don't give a shit about the supporters or the club and anyone willing to give them the benefit of the doubt has overdosed on the mulled wine.

No doubt Nico will be on his bike. Well if that's the case and GI have the club's interest at heart we can reasonably expect the appointment of a PROPER football manager for starters.

SO it won't be Steve Tully, Wayne Carlisle. Paul Compton, Sean Joyce, Geoff Harrop, or Martyn Fecking Rogers.

Don't hold your breath though.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I'm beginning to believe MrDistance!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A lot has been made of a boycott at the Boxing Day game being counter productive, but to my mind the biggest statement the supporters could make was if every supporter turned up and instead of paying at the turnstile didn't go in and and demonstrated for ninety minutes outside the ground.

I would even make the trip down if that was going to happen. 2000 people doing that would really send a message, and get the press on board. GI have already shown their contempt for the supporters by not holding a press conference.

Lets show what we think of them.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I don't really think you can blame our predicament on Bournemouth and Leeds.

At the time of the £200 early bird season ticket offer, GI were still 'supposedly' in the throes of their takeover. It wouldn't surprise me if the £200 offer had been deliberately priced, knowing it would leave the club in a difficult position and unable to repay the loan and ownership switching to GI. They have simply had to play a slightly longer game.

Phillips, along with whispering from Masters, fell for it. He really is the lapdog of Peter Masters.